2015-16 Region Tournaments

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2015-16 Region Tournaments

Postby baskets-r-us » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Parshall has some size on there team they go
Billy Johnson at 6'6
Monte Good bird at 6'5
Deyondre Simpson at 6'4
If the boys can stay healthy and out of foul trouble they can make a run at the crown! Only bad thing about Parshall is they only play 6 guys at the most 7 if they are really desperate
baskets-r-us
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Old Drifter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 am

baskets-r-us wrote:Parshall has some size on there team they go
Billy Johnson at 6'6
Monte Good bird at 6'5
Deyondre Simpson at 6'4
If the boys can stay healthy and out of foul trouble they can make a run at the crown! Only bad thing about Parshall is they only play 6 guys at the most 7 if they are really desperate

Your right...I'm a Braves fan with a g-son playing and although the Braves may have one of the biggest back courts in the state, their Achilles heel is depth and consistency...there's many a times they come trotting up court and make a lazy pass or get stripped. And even with that height, I'm screaming my head off sometimes because their opponents will get 2, even 3 offensive boards...most games they are down 5 to even sometimes 10 points before the coach calls time and settles them down. It's like they have to be shocked awake before they start playing some ball. This hasn't really bothered them as they always seem to come around and eventually take the lead. I'm just afraid they'll meet up with a team who sprints out to a 20-2 or 30-6 lead and they'll never catch up. Their 2 losses came from berthold and our redeemers but my caveat is the braves didn't have their full starting 5 in those games. Because of their previous season, every team they've played has brought their A game. I told the boys before the season started that they have a target on their back and this has proven true. I've got my fingers crossed hoping they return to the state tourney but there are a couple/three teams who could also win the region. Trinity Christian, kenmare and Stanley. They'll do better this year if they do get to the state B since imho they were too young last season and I thought a year too early for state. And. They may very well be back there again next year since they'll only lose Good Bird and their 6th man to graduation this year...

Oh and btw, deyondre may also be the tallest guard in the state at 6'5" not 6'4"...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby cmplx6 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:11 am

My picks for The B:

Region 1: Milnor-NS(Tough team that lost two close games at the end of the year)I was dead wrong here, new pick Northern Cass

Region 2: Larimore(Good team that can get up and stay up)Sticking with my Pick here

Region 3: Ellendale(team can score, and they will beat Edgeley/Klum on attempt #3)Wrong again, E/K/M will take this Region

Region 4: Fourwinds (Too good to not lose, but Dunseith, St.John, and even New Rockford could upset)Fourwinds will win this Region

Region 5: Shiloh(Best team in a weak region)No team in this Region will come close to Shiloh

Region 6: Drake/Anamoose (Volson will carry them, one of the best all-around athletes in the state)Well this was my biggest reach, Our redeemer's will take this region

Region 7: Dickinson Trinity(very tough region, very well coached team)Sticking with Trinity here, they should win big in this region

Region 8: Kenmare(Their pressure defense and outstanding guard play will lead the way, early loss to Parshall with key players back will be avenged in in the Region 8 Championship)Championship game will be Kenmare vs. Parshall, and Kenmare is much deeper and will win
Last edited by cmplx6 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wilbur » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:06 pm

My picks for Region Tournaments:
Region 1: Milnor/NS (Will be some barn-burners in final two rounds)
Region 2: Larimore (Will come down to close one with Hillsboro/CV)
Region 3: It looks very competitive going in, and will be great games all the way through, but in the end, no one will beat Strasburg-Zeeland)
Region 4: Four Winds/Minn. (St. John and Dunseith will challenge, but the Indians have been there before)
Region 5: Shiloh Christian (Only a catastrophic event will prevent the Skyhawks from going to State)
Region 6: Would like to see Drake-Anamoose, but think Our Redeemer’s or Ryan will prevail.
Region 7: Will be awesome final two rounds, but give the nod to Dickinson Trinity on its home court.
Region 8: Parshall (Not very deep, but should have enough to win this region)
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:28 pm

cmplx6 wrote:My picks for The B:

Region 1: Milnor-NS(Tough team that lost two close games at the end of the year)
Region 2: Larimore(Good team that can get up and stay up)
Region 3: Ellendale(team can score, and they will beat Edgeley/Klum on attempt #3)
Region 4: Fourwinds (Too good to not lose, but Dunseith, St.John, and even New Rockford could upset)
Region 5: Shiloh(Best team in a weak region)
Region 6: Drake/Anamoose (Volson will carry them, one of the best all-around athletes in the state)
Region 7: Dickinson Trinity(very tough region, very well coached team)
Region 8: Kenmare(Their pressure defense and outstanding guard play will lead the way, early loss to Parshall with key players back will be avenged in in the Region 8 Championship)

You do realize that NRS lost to FW (without their best player) in the Dist 7 championship by 38 points, right?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wilbur » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Actually, cmplx6, if Ellendale and EKM should meet in the Region 3 title game (which I don’t think will happen), it would be the fourth meeting between the two teams. Ellendale won in the championship of the Stutsman Co. Tournament, and EKM won in the regular season and district tournament meetings.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Cap'n Crunch » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:34 pm

My picks:

R1: Hankinson - Anyone can take the crown, but I believe in them the most defensively
R2: H/CV - Should be some good games in semis/final
R3: Strasburg/Z - One of the best players in the state will carry a team that is already very good
R4: Four Winds/Minn - Someone will have to take it from them
R5: Shiloh - Because who else?
R6: Our Redeemer's - They'll ride their momentum from their district championship
R7: Hettinger/Scranton - Upset pick. Hoping Sadowsky can make some noise
R8: Parshall: From what I hear they are big and athletic and they've asserted they're dominance in region 8
Cap'n Crunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:40 pm

can a guy stream the regional tourn
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sticks11 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:51 pm

winner-within wrote:can a guy stream the regional tourn

Region 6 tournament is on BEK sports I believe. On Midco, I think that's 593.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Region 1: Central Cass. Tough region to pick. There are about five teams I could see winning.

Region 2: Park River-FL. Upset pick here.

Region 3: Strasburg/ Zeeland. I think this is the year S/Z finally breaks through. Although Linton does seem to always knock them off in regionals.

Region 4: FW-M. Could be an interesting match up for fw-m in the second round with St. John. Wouldn't count out Dunseith either.

Region 5: Shiloh. Biggest threat to upset them would be Standing Rock because they can match Shiloh's size the best. Flasher played Shiloh close for three quarters in districts as well.

Region 6: Our Redeemers. I think this will come down to Our Redeemers and Bishop Ryan.

Region 7: Hettinger-Scranton. I do not want to bet against Sadowsky having a crazy tournament.

Region 8: Parshall. This could be a region where we see some upsets.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballJunkie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:12 pm

My predictions for tonight's matchups

Region 1
Hankinson over Northern Cass
Oak Grove over Enderlin (Big upset)

Region 2
Larimore over Grafton
Hillsboro-Central Valley over Thompson

Region 3
Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier over Linton-HMB
South Border over Strasburg/Zeeland (Upset/rides the emotional high from last nights win)

Region 4
Four Winds-Minnewaukan over St. John (FWM is just too deep even if Tronis isn't completely healthy)
Dunseith over North Star

Region 5
Shiloh Christian over Standing Rock
Solen over Flasher

Region 6
Bishop Ryan over Des Lacs-Burlington
Our Redeemer's over L&C Berthold

Region 7
Beulah over Mott-Regent
Dickinson Trinity over New England

Region 8
New Town over Parshall (would be surprised but why not guess another upset?)
Kenmare over Trinity Christian
BasketballJunkie
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defense1st » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:19 pm

This year's state tournament has the chance to feature some of the most unique nicknames in the state.
We've got the Clippers, Polar Bears, Night Hawks, Woodchucks, Jaguars, Honkers, and probably a few others I missed.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballJunkie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:46 am

Region 1 - Oak Grove (Completes their incredible run to the State B)
Region 2 - Hillsboro-Central Valley
Region 3 -Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier (Never seen them play but coming off a 32 point win over a solid L-HMB)
Region 4 - Four Winds-Minnewaukan (Depth, Depth, Depth)
Region 5 -Shiloh Christian (To big and athletic)
Region 6 - Minot Bishop Ryan (3rd Times a charm)
Region 7 - Dickinson Trinity (Home Court Advantage)
Region 8 - Kenmare

FWM would get 1 Seed
SC would get 2 Seed
HCV would get 3 seed
Bishop Ryan or Trinity would get 4 seed
BasketballJunkie
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:52 am

Northern Cass
HCV
Strasburg Zeeland
FWM
Shiloh
Our Redeemers
Trinity
Kenmare

Seeds: FWM, Shiloh, OR, HCV (Trinity should probably be the 4)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wilbur » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:45 pm

What’s the deal with Oak Grove? I seen them play twice this year and they looked terrible both times. Did they have some injuries or something?
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wilbur » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:54 pm

In Region 3, don’t be too impressed with EKM’s blowout of Linton-HMB. The Lions shot 16 percent and most of the shots were not contested. Linton-HMB does not have any consistent scoring threats like Strasburg-Zealand, and it will be hard to EKM to shut down the Clippers. I know EKM beat S-Z late in the season, but they won’t do it again. It will probably be close, but Strasburg-Zeeland has been there before, and they will win it in the end. Experience goes a long way this time of year, especially when the talent level of the two teams is equal.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Wilbur wrote:What’s the deal with Oak Grove? I seen them play twice this year and they looked terrible both times. Did they have some injuries or something?

Shooting lights out!!!! Unconscious! M-NS didn't play defense or rebound their issue all year. Enderlin didn't shoot well. I predict Northern Cass by 15+. Oak Grove will not shoot that well three games in a row. But I didn't think they would make it this far so what do I know?
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:22 pm

NORTHERN CASS
HCV
S-Z
FWM
SHILOH
BISHOP RYAN
TRINITY
KENMARE
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lions700 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:08 pm

No. Cass
HCV
Edgely-K/M
Four Winds
Shiloh
Bishop Ryan
Trinity
New Town
lions700
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonation6 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 pm

My picks:
Region 1: Oak Grove (Cinderella story will receive the final page. Resounding 15 point win just to grab some attention on this forum.)
Region 2: HCV (with Larimore out, their's to lose. HCV by 13.)
Region 3: Edgeley-Kulm-Montpielier (they just beat Dan Carr and his Linton squad by 32. That's not easy. Gotta be steam rolling now. 10 point spread.)
Region 4: FW-M (this will be a shootout, but with Four Winds' depth and experience, they will win by about 15. These kids wanna get back to state and try to win it now.)
Region 5: Shiloh (I like picking upsets, but...just...yeah. Shiloh is gonna win. There is no word in the dictionary to describe a Solen victory and appearance at state. Skyhawks by 21)
Region 6: Bishop Ryan (all pressure on Our Redeemer's and Ryan has nothing to lose. They will ride their vicious come-from-behind victory against DL-B to the state tournament. Two losses to them already and there is usually something about the third meeting when the tables turn. Ryan has played in tight games all tournament and ORCS has coasted. Plus, Ryan's coach has been in this game before and ORCS' has not. 7 point win)
Region 7: Trinity (Terrific matchup. Two seasoned veterans coaching and two elite, historically state-bound clubs. Grinsteinner prevails however. Keep in mind the first meeting, which Beulah took, was in Beulah. Trinity HS gymnasium is rocking tomorrow night with the home crowd lifting their boys to state. 8 points)
Region 8: Kenmare (They are due for a state appearance. Continue to improve and with Parshall going down, they are playing a little more of a watered down opponent. It'll be close. I say Kenmare by 4.)

Whatever happens, there will be a lot of barnburners on region championship night!
Enjoy your game.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:37 am

Northern Cass
HCV
Strasburg-Zeeland (surprised barely anyone is picking them)
FWM
Shiloh (would love to see Solen win)
ORCS
Beulah (again, surprised no one is picking them)
Kenmare

Will be nice to see some new teams in the tourney this year. IF these are the teams that go, I've got FWM #1, ORCS #2, SZ #3 (tough schedule), Beulah #4
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:58 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Northern Cass
HCV
FWM
ORCS
Kenmare

Will be nice to see some new teams in the tourney this year. IF these are the teams that go, I've got FWM #1, ORCS #2, SZ #3 (tough schedule), Beulah #4

If they do go as you picked, would be surprised if Shiloh wouldn't be the 2. They have played a very tough schedule, including 8 of the teams in tonight's championship games I believe. Losing only to FW-M on the road. 2 cents.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:15 am

classB4ever wrote:
HCV
FWM
ORCS
Kenmare

If they do go as you picked, would be surprised if Shiloh wouldn't be the 2. They have played a very tough schedule, including 8 of the teams in tonight's championship games I believe. Losing only to FW-M on the road. 2 cents.

Guess I didn't realize their schedule had been so tough. Haven't heard a lot about them this year. Based on that, I could see them at 2 or 3 with SZ at 4 and bump Beulah out.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballJunkie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:28 am

HCV
FWM
ORCS
Kenmare

If the teams you pick do go I would be surprised if the seeds went any different then FWM at 1, ORCS at 2, Shiloh at 3 and Beulah at 4. I do think Beulah could get bumped out but I doubt it as their only 3 losses have come to FWM, ORCS, and Shiloh. Strasburg is very good I just don't think that they are going to get seeded if these other 4 make it as well. With that being said I don't think the seeds are going to be as important this year, and I think that there will be at least 6 legitimate teams, if not more, that will compete for a state title next weekend.
BasketballJunkie
NDPreps Rookie

Postby yellowjacket » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:35 am

I think Shiloh will be the #2 based on their head to head victory over ORCS.
yellowjacket
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys