Region Favorites

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region Favorites

Postby BasketballJunkie » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Its getting to that time of year, and its always fun to make predictions. With that being said who will be the favorites to represent each region at state?

Region 1 - Enderlin, Hankinson, Central Cass, Milnor-North Sargent
Region 2 - Hillsboro-Central Valley, Larimore, Thompson
Region 3 - Strasburg-Zeeland, Linton, Ellendale, Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier
Region 4 - Four Winds, St. John, North Star, Dunseith
Region 5 - Shiloh Christian, Standing Rock, Solen
Region 6 - Our Redeemers, Bishop Ryan, Rugby
Regions 7 - Beulah, Dickinson Trinity, Hettinger-Scranton
Region 8 - Parshall, Kenmare, Trinity Christian

I don't really see one particular powerhouse team in the state this year, and I think we could be in for some exciting tournament games!
BasketballJunkie
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Region Favorites

Postby Statguy7 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:37 pm

FWM clearly the best team but lost to trinity who lost to OG who is mid pack in region 1 wow we are in for great region and state tournaments
Statguy7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:15 pm

BasketballJunkie wrote:Its getting to that time of year, and its always fun to make predictions. With that being said who will be the favorites to represent each region at state?

I don't really see one particular powerhouse team in the state this year, and I think we could be in for some exciting tournament games!

Add Park River-Fordville Lankin in 2-lost to HCV on the road by 3 minus a starter.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Old Drifter » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:19 am

BasketballJunkie wrote:Its getting to that time of year, and its always fun to make predictions. With that being said who will be the favorites to represent each region at state?

I'm in region 8 and your picks are spot-on so far...Stanley's pretty tough too and I wouldn't count them out...I've watched the braves play all the other 3 and trinity Christian was the one team that went the distance with parshall and could still have won the game but just ran outa time. I also heard (just heard) one of TC better players was out with a bandaged knee...kenmare had some good 3-point shooting but parshalls height advantage was too much...Stanley has some height and some good players and was competitive but using my fav phrase...parshall just walked away from them during the 2nd half and won by 17....region 8 is parshalls to lose...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:44 pm

I would be very surprised if anyone beat out Shiloh in region 5. They have a good combination of length and athletic ability. Also can make enough outside shots to beat a zone. I do think that Standing Rock has the best chance of knocking them off out of anyone in the region.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby stir the pot » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:21 am

Sniper wrote:I would be very surprised if anyone beat out Shiloh in region 5. They have a good combination of length and athletic ability. Also can make enough outside shots to beat a zone. I do think that Standing Rock has the best chance of knocking them off out of anyone in the region.

None of the other teams in region 5 can offer players from outside their school districts what Shiloh can offer!!
If all of the Shiloh players go to school there for four years or more I have no problems but if they show up for two or thee years there is a problem.
stir the pot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nolan4 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:12 pm

I havnt got a clue in Region 1.........Region 2 Hillsboro-CV, but IMO not as good as rated........Region 3, my guess is Strasburg-Zeeland, but another good battle...............Region 4 Four Winds, but not a shoo in IMO, I think St. John and especially Dunseith can give them a battle.......Region 5 other than Shiloh region is really weak, so Shiloh it is..........Region 6 Our Redeemers is the best team, but if they dont play well, Rugby and Bishop Ryan could beat them.........Region 7 well, i would guess Dickinson Trinity, but again not a shoo in , if Hettinger Scranton is healthy, I will go with them........Region 8 All Parshall, but other than them again a very weak region, but I like watching Kenmare, scrappy team.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:29 pm

stir the pot wrote:
Sniper wrote:I would be very surprised if anyone beat out Shiloh in region 5. They have a good combination of length and athletic ability. Also can make enough outside shots to beat a zone. I do think that Standing Rock has the best chance of knocking them off out of anyone in the region.

None of the other teams in region 5 can offer players from outside their school districts what Shiloh can offer!!
If all of the Shiloh players go to school there for four years or more I have no problems but if they show up for two or thee years there is a problem.

I'm probably adding fuel to the fire but I have an overall problem with a class B school located in a class A town...look at the base they have to draw from whereas a small class B town doesn't enjoy the same pool to pick from...just sayin'....
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:31 pm

nolan4 wrote:

I havnt got a clue in Region 1.........Region 2 Hillsboro-CV, but IMO not as good as rated........Region 3, my guess is Strasburg-Zeeland, but another good battle...............Region 4 Four Winds, but not a shoo in IMO, I think St. John and especially Dunseith can give them a battle.......Region 5 other than Shiloh region is really weak, so Shiloh it is..........Region 6 Our Redeemers is the best team, but if they dont play well, Rugby and Bishop Ryan could beat them.........Region 7 well, i would guess Dickinson Trinity, but again not a shoo in , if Hettinger Scranton is healthy, I will go with them........Region 8 All Parshall, but other than them again a very weak region, but I like watching Kenmare, scrappy team.

don't rule out trinity Christian and Stanley...parshalls beaten both but.....on any given day.....
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:38 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:

Add Park River-Fordville Lankin in 2-lost to HCV on the road by 3 minus a starter.
I think PRFL could be flying under the radar like their football team did two years ago. I think they have a legitimate shot. Underdog means nothing to them. Should be great tournaments all through the state this year.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sniper » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Old Drifter wrote:
stir the pot wrote:

I'm probably adding fuel to the fire but I have an overall problem with a class B school located in a class A town...look at the base they have to draw from whereas a small class B town doesn't enjoy the same pool to pick from...just sayin'....

I think the problem is that there is not a third class to even out the playing field a little better, but that is a topic for another day!
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Old Drifter » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Sniper wrote:
Old Drifter wrote:
stir the pot wrote:

I think the problem is that there is not a third class to even out the playing field a little better, but that is a topic for another day!

Ah-gree.....
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys