Dalton Poitra & Tronnis McKay

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Dalton Poitra & Tronnis McKay

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:13 am

Have seen Dalton play and he is well rehearsed in the game of Basketball...
with that said I haven't seen Tronnis play this year...

for people who have seen these 2....what are the different or not so different aspects of their games?

and this thread isnt about whos better... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Dalton Poitra & Tronnis McKay

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:38 am

Have seen both play a few times, both fun to watch. Both handle the ball well, both can fill it up. Both defend pretty decent. Offensively, I'd give the edge to Dalton on the ability to catch and shoot from anywhere. However, I'd say Tronnis is as good of a pure scorer as you'll find. He can isolate his guy really anywhere on the floor (perimeter or block) and is a very tough matchup because he's long and jumps extremely well. I'd say more different than similar.....Dalton plays more of a point / 2 guard. Tronnis plays more of a 3.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:44 am

They are both lean, athletic, shoot the ball well, and are finishers.
Dalton is quicker, handles the ball better, gets to the rim easier as he goes both ways well, and is shorter.
Tronnis is long, jumps better, IMO doesn't force things (lets the game come to him), and is a better off the ball defender.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:26 pm

I have seen both play this year Dalton Poitra is pure guard very quick and can shoot very well and can drive if he has too. Tronis Mckay is forward with ability to handle the ball and if he has too can shoot from outside but here's difference he tall and long and jumps very well so he is presence inside. If I had my choice I would pick Tronis Mckay he just has more ways to control the game than Poitra because of his size and athletic ability. Also Mckay has Feather which makes his ability inside much more effective because of the kickout ability to very good shooter.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:59 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:I have seen both play this year Dalton Poitra is pure guard very quick and can shoot very well and can drive if he has too. Tronis Mckay is forward with ability to handle the ball and if he has too can shoot from outside but here's difference he tall and long and jumps very well so he is presence inside. If I had my choice I would pick Tronis Mckay he just has more ways to control the game than Poitra because of his size and athletic ability. Also Mckay has Feather which makes his ability inside much more effective because of the kickout ability to very good shooter.

great observation and insight from you guys......Its always fun to here perspectives when a person just doesn't get a chance to watch some of the outstanding players out there.....

I posed this question because somebody asked me what I though and I just haven't seen enough play from the 2
so thanks and if anybody else has something to add please do......it can even be about another player besides these 2

and yes Feather can shoot from what I hear and see in the box scores...
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys