Four Winds @ Rugby

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Four Winds @ Rugby

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 am

The game was excellent. Rugby lead for a lot of it, surprisingly, considering the down year they've had so far, and it was 29-28, Rugby leading, going into the locker room at half. Four Winds went on a tear in the 3rd to go up by 14-ish, and the Rugby came back-ish and ended the game 61-58 Four Winds. That was all fun.

And by couldn't help but notice, I mean it was kind of in my face obvious. The National Guard used the day as a recruiting day in Rugby, and looked like they'd been there most of the school day too. And they gave Rugby special uniforms and warm-ups for the game. Four winds just got warmups. And during the game, it felt like they were really pushing home the point that they were there to stop any trouble. And it didn't help that the police were brought about some guys videotaping and doing stupid things.

Now, honestly, I'm not saying anyone did anything with malicious or racist intents, but it does seem odd, that they wouldn't make an attempt to reach out to both teams, especially after the controversy at state last season. (NOTE: we are not talking about that story here. Too many differing opinions and no one answered a dang thing with any evidence or proof on why the other was wrong.)

I mean, I clearly DO NOT know the full story here and maybe Four Winds just didn't want the National Guard stuff, but on the surface, it really didn't look good for either town.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Four Winds @ Rugby

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:59 am

HammerTime wrote:The game was excellent. Rugby lead for a lot of it, surprisingly, considering the down year they've had so far, and it was 29-28, Rugby leading, going into the locker room at half. Four Winds went on a tear in the 3rd to go up by 14-ish, and the Rugby came back-ish and ended the game 61-58 Four Winds. That was all fun.

And by couldn't help but notice, I mean it was kind of in my face obvious. The National Guard used the day as a recruiting day in Rugby, and looked like they'd been there most of the school day too. And they gave Rugby special uniforms and warm-ups for the game. Four winds just got warmups. And during the game, it felt like they were really pushing home the point that they were there to stop any trouble. And it didn't help that the police were brought about some guys videotaping and doing stupid things.

Now, honestly, I'm not saying anyone did anything with malicious or racist intents, but it does seem odd, that they wouldn't make an attempt to reach out to both teams, especially after the controversy at state last season. (NOTE: we are not talking about that story here. Too many differing opinions and no one answered a dang thing with any evidence or proof on why the other was wrong.)

I mean, I clearly DO NOT know the full story here and maybe Four Winds just didn't want the National Guard stuff, but on the surface, it really didn't look good for either town.

Down year they've had? Yes, they're not undefeated if that's what you mean. They have 4 losses, two of which are to ranked teams. Besides your first paragraph, this post is completely irrelevant. In reference to the bolded part, it only looks like that because you're trying to make something out of absolutely nothing. And question, if we're not talking about that story on here, why are you bringing it up? Stop trying to use this platform as a vessel to start something that holds zero merit. Especially if you admittedly don't have a clue on any of the back story.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:04 am

Now on the actual topic, this was a fun game to watch. Four winds is tough is basically every aspect of the game. Get up and down so well, but disciplined on offense at the same time. They don't force a lot of stuff. When they turned up the intensity with their full court D, it was suffocating at times. I thought it was a well battled, well officiated contest. Rugby showed some of their grit, too. They got after it and played really well defensively. Too many turnovers at the end for Rugby was the difference, and that's a tribute to 4Winds nasty ball pressure.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Sticks11 wrote:
HammerTime wrote:The game was excellent. Rugby lead for a lot of it, surprisingly, considering the down year they've had so far, and it was 29-28, Rugby leading, going into the locker room at half. Four Winds went on a tear in the 3rd to go up by 14-ish, and the Rugby came back-ish and ended the game 61-58 Four Winds. That was all fun.

Down year they've had? Yes, they're not undefeated if that's what you mean. They have 4 losses, two of which are to ranked teams. Besides your first paragraph, this post is completely irrelevant. In reference to the bolded part, it only looks like that because you're trying to make something out of absolutely nothing. And question, if we're not talking about that story on here, why are you bringing it up? Stop trying to use this platform as a vessel to start something that holds zero merit. Especially if you admittedly don't have a clue on any of the back story.

I posted that because it was something I noticed that didn't seem right. I might very be absolutely nothing. But I asked because it certainly seemed as though something just wasn't right. I'm hoping someone with more information regarding the situation would speak up.

And I brought up the older story because it relates to this. In fact, it has everything to do with this. The National Guard being involved at a game between a rematch of the state championship of Rugby and Four Winds, in which someone pointed out that the National Guard was completely ignoring the Four Winds section. It was a small controversy and it seems as though the National Guard didn't make an effort to at least make things look good on the surface.

So, if anyone has more information (not opinion) regarding what happened, that would be great.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:45 pm

In the Region 7 area each team has the opportunity to wear the "National Guard" Uniforms at one of their home games. When that happens the home team has the different jerseys and the away team has their normal jerseys on. I'm not sure if that's how they do it in the Region 6 area.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:39 pm

The Schwab wrote:In the Region 7 area each team has the opportunity to wear the "National Guard" Uniforms at one of their home games. When that happens the home team has the different jerseys and the away team has their normal jerseys on. I'm not sure if that's how they do it in the Region 6 area.

I didn't know that. Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. It just seemed weird after the whole state thing, you know?
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scout_101 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Yeah totally....... Like snow in Mexico
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Let's get back to discussing the game...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Boys