Selection of Officials

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Selection of Officials

Postby wan2bqb » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. To emphasize this I will use examples and by no means take this as me picking on a particular player. We have all seen scenarios like this. For reference I will use Grady Bresnehan from CC, extremely talented player and by all accounts a superior defensive player is guarding Jack Squatt sophomore from Podunksville and Mr Squatt makes the crossover of his life and drives to the hoop, Grady reacts and being faster than snot gives chase and not to be out classed goes up to block the shot, because he was out of position he makes contact albeit not terrible but enough to throw off the shot. By your rational because Grady is superior athletically to Mr Jack Squatt he should be given leeway because the refs "know what he is capable of". Ball is rebounded goes to the other end and Grady does his best Derek Rose impersonation and takes Mr. Squatt to the hole, young Mr. Squatt channels his best Gary Payton impersonation ( yes I know it was a while ago but great defender) stays right in position all the way to the glass, perfect. Mr. Bresnahan initiates contact and falls back for a fade away. Because the refs know Mr. Bresnehan they should assume he is more talented and therefore he deserves the call? That is a crock. No matter what happens if its a foul on one end its a foul on the other no matter who it is. We CANNOT have refs making judgment calls based on potential and perceived abilities. Once again I apologize to Mr. Bresnehan but I used him because I do believe he is one of the more talented defenders I have seen this season.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Re: Selection of Officials

Postby RedDirtFan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:28 pm

wan2bqb wrote:This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. To emphasize this I will use examples and by no means take this as me picking on a particular player. We have all seen scenarios like this. For reference I will use Grady Bresnehan from CC, extremely talented player and by all accounts a superior defensive player is guarding Jack Squatt sophomore from Podunksville and Mr Squatt makes the crossover of his life and drives to the hoop, Grady reacts and being faster than snot gives chase and not to be out classed goes up to block the shot, because he was out of position he makes contact albeit not terrible but enough to throw off the shot. By your rational because Grady is superior athletically to Mr Jack Squatt he should be given leeway because the refs "know what he is capable of". Ball is rebounded goes to the other end and Grady does his best Derek Rose impersonation and takes Mr. Squatt to the hole, young Mr. Squatt channels his best Gary Payton impersonation ( yes I know it was a while ago but great defender) stays right in position all the way to the glass, perfect. Mr. Bresnahan initiates contact and falls back for a fade away. Because the refs know Mr. Bresnehan they should assume he is more talented and therefore he deserves the call? That is a crock. No matter what happens if its a foul on one end its a foul on the other no matter who it is. We CANNOT have refs making judgment calls based on potential and perceived abilities. Once again I apologize to Mr. Bresnehan but I used him because I do believe he is one of the more talented defenders I have seen this season.

That is absolutely not what I mean. Obvious fouls are obvious fouls.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys