2015-2016 All State Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2015-2016 All State Predictions

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:02 pm

Here are my 15 projected All State players for the 2015-2016 season. I will preface this by stating that I do not feel these are necessarily the 15 best players in North Dakota, but i feel these individuals will likely be the 15 comprising the All State list. Feel free to dissect my list, as long as you are willing to provide yours. Looking forward to a fun and entertaining discussion.

Alphabetic order by last name.

Wyatt Carr - Hazen - JR
Connor Entzi - Edgeley-Kulm - SR
Peyton Gabrielson - Flasher - SR
Jacob Hanson - Milnor-North Sargent - JR
Graham Hurlburt - Enderlin - SR
Jayden Komrosky - North Star - JR
Zac Martin - Shiloh Christian - SR
Tronis Mckay - Four Winds - JR
Brody Nieuwsma - Strasburg/Zeeland - SR
Hayden Sadowsky - Hettinger-Scranton - SR
Hunter Sand - Dakota Prairie - SO
Cody Springer - Northern Cass - SR
Hunter Pinke - South Border - SR
Dalton Poitra - St. John - SR
Cordell Volson - Drake-Anamoose - SR

Just missing my list.

Trace Azure - Dunseith - SR
Landyn Keplin - Dunseith - SR
Deyondre Simpson - Parshall - JR
Drew Thielges - Lamoure-L-M - SR
Dustin Weeks - Glenburn
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: 2015-2016 All State Predictions

Postby packers21 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 pm

I think someone from Region 2 will be on the list Henninsgaard maybe

I think I would take off a guy like Sand (only a soph) and replace him with Simpson or Thielges guys that made their names already at State, tend to get some votes.

I also think Keplin should be All-State but idk if the whole tranfer thing will hurt his chances
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Good points. I think Sand has potential for a 20+, 5+, 5+ year that will make him really difficult to leave off, in my opinion.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:40 pm

balla45 wrote:Good points. I think Sand has potential for a 20+, 5+, 5+ year that will make him really difficult to leave off, in my opinion.

Totally agree
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Edger » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:11 pm

balla45 wrote:Good points. I think Sand has potential for a 20+, 5+, 5+ year that will make him really difficult to leave off, in my opinion.

Myself, I don't see how Deyondre Simpson could be left off the top 15. At 6.4 and the second leading blocker in the state, last years stats show, not only does he have the potential but he has already proven these numbers and them some. According to this years Boys Hoopster anyway.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:08 pm

I left him off of my top 15 because i feel there are 15 other players who are more likely to be All State than he is. He did make my top 20.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jeff Baranick » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:31 pm

I'm intrigued by the prediction for this upcoming season's Class B boys' All-State team. I'm out in Super Region 7 and totally concur with the placing of Wyatt Carr and Hayden Sadowsky on a list of potential All-Staters! Does anyone foresee other Region 7 athletes getting serious consideration for All-State designation? A sleeper in my opinion is Beulah's Casey Walcker.
Jeff Baranick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:39 am

Jeff Baranick wrote:I'm intrigued by the prediction for this upcoming season's Class B boys' All-State team. I'm out in Super Region 7 and totally concur with the placing of Wyatt Carr and Hayden Sadowsky on a list of potential All-Staters! Does anyone foresee other Region 7 athletes getting serious consideration for All-State designation? A sleeper in my opinion is Beulah's Casey Walcker.

No games have been played yet, so anything is possible.
IMO some other players with all state talent, other then the three you mentioned from region 7:

Dickinson Trinity- Shawn Stoltz, Willy Jahner
Heart River- Dion Maddler
Hettinger Scranton- Brandon Pierce, Isaiah Kludt
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby lakers24 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:17 pm

A player that has the talent to surprise people is Austin Brown from Williston Trinity Christian. Wasn't allowed to play Varsity last year. Became eligible at the start of Regionals and put up 21 points 7 rebounds and 4 steals in his only regional game.
lakers24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 pm

1000% agree. Very solid player that I did not mention. Completely slipped my mind.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm going to throw Brennan Vance from Ellendale's name out there. He is in the same conversation with Thielges and Entzi in my opinion.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:42 pm

couple of darkhorse candidates that will surprise in Region 1 are Bailey Hernandez & Cody Mauch from Hankinson. Both of these two can easily score 20-25 each night, I'd expect Mauch to be the main inside presence and to control the paint in a lot of games. It's going to be a fun year because there are a lot of talented kids in Region 1, and overall in Class B this year there is a lot of talent.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nolan4 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:18 am

Now that the yr is close to half over , I will put my 2 cents in........I am from central north dakota , so may miss some and some picks will be from hype.
Zac Martin(5)
Graham Hurlburt(1)
Connor Enzi(3)
Brody Nieuwsma(3)
Hayden Sadowski(7)
Dalton Poitra(4)
Deyondre Simpson(8)
Josh Van Lith(6)
Tronis McKay(4)
Trace Azure(4)
Kyle Henningsgard(2)
Jake Hanson(1)
Jayden Kamrosky(4)
Casey Walcker(7)
Jordan Johnson(2)
Added what region they were from ()
Last edited by nolan4 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Edger » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Good list. I would make sure Wyatt Carr was on my list. Though I haven't had the opportunity to see everyone listed play, I've watched many and Wyatt Carr is probably the best most well rounded player that I've saw so far this year. He's is definitely the best junior in my opinion.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:49 pm

A couple of names from R3 not on nolan4's list above that are worthy of consideration, Hunter Pinke, Drew Thielges and Brennan Vance.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:45 pm

In Region 3, in no particular order: Brody Nieuwsma (Strasburg-Zeeland), Hunter Pinke (South Border), Connor Entzie (Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier), Drew Thielges (LaMoure), Brennan Vance (Ellendale) and Ethan Zetocha (Oakes). With no major media coverage in Region 3, I doubt if more than 1 makes it from this region.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Sportsrube wrote:In Region 3, in no particular order: Brody Nieuwsma (Strasburg-Zeeland), Hunter Pinke (South Border), Connor Entzie (Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier), Drew Thielges (LaMoure), Brennan Vance (Ellendale) and Ethan Zetocha (Oakes). With no major media coverage in Region 3, I doubt if more than 1 makes it from this region.

Why in no particular order? Please share your opinion. I disagree with you, when you say you think only one will make it. I don't think that will be the case. Region 3, to me seems like it is a bit stronger than it usually is. I think 3 will make it from the region. 1. Hunter Pinke 2. Brody Nieuwsma 3. Connor Entzie. Brennan Vance is a distant 4th in the region. That isn't to say he isn't a good player, he is. If he played in region 2, I would say he was the best player in that region, but I don't think region 2 has an all state player this year. Thielges and Zetocha despite being talented players are not all state players.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby nolan4 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:28 pm

EHS1998 wrote:A couple of names from R3 not on nolan4's list above that are worthy of consideration, Hunter Pinke, Drew Thielges and Brennan Vance.

I probably missed on Pinke, I see he was on last yrs second team, my bad........altho just because he made it one yr doesnt guarantee the next yr......with that said, I personally have never seen him play :?.....................Theilges , i thought about , coaches kid and has been seen at the state tourney, has to help to have name out there, some of the same can be said of Vance, coaches kid.....Never seen him, but heard he was good, and i would guess a gym rat??!!
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby scout_101 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:06 pm

One person missing from the list is Jason feather from fw/m. Deadly shooter and good defender. Had a couple dunks in this year. Opens and spreads the floor for other players like tronis McKay to goto work. Believe he had a couple 30+ pts this year
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby classB4ever » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:20 pm

scout_101 wrote:One person missing from the list is Jason feather from fw/m. Deadly shooter and good defender. Had a couple dunks in this year. Opens and spreads the floor for other players like tronis McKay to goto work. Believe he had a couple 30+ pts this year

Agreed. Excellent player.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:25 pm

nolan4 wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:A couple of names from R3 not on nolan4's list above that are worthy of consideration, Hunter Pinke, Drew Thielges and Brennan Vance.

I probably missed on Pinke, I see he was on last yrs second team, my bad........altho just because he made it one yr doesnt guarantee the next yr......with that said, I personally have never seen him play :?.....................Theilges , i thought about , coaches kid and has been seen at the state tourney, has to help to have name out there, some of the same can be said of Vance, coaches kid.....Never seen him, but heard he was good, and i would guess a gym rat??!!

Pinke is having a monster year, as is Niewsma. Hard for me to differentiate. Both should make the All State team. Entzi, Thielges and Vance could all make compelling arguments for the 3rd pick from R3. They are all very different players so it depends on what you are looking for in a player.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 am

Why in no particular order? Please share your opinion. I disagree with you, when you say you think only one will make it. I don't think that will be the case. Region 3, to me seems like it is a bit stronger than it usually is. I think 3 will make it from the region. 1. Hunter Pinke 2. Brody Nieuwsma 3. Connor Entzie. Brennan Vance is a distant 4th in the region. That isn't to say he isn't a good player, he is. If he played in region 2, I would say he was the best player in that region, but I don't think region 2 has an all state player this year. Thielges and Zetocha despite being talented players are not all state players.[/quote]

I think that not having a major media market in Region 3 hurts them when it comes to the recognition factor. They don't have a major daily newspaper writing articles about them, they are not on the sports highlights on TV, etc.... It's unfortunate, but I believe its true. As far as putting them in order I will give my opinion, and that is all it is - my opinion.
#1 - Hunter Pinke - 2nd team All State last year - putting up big numbers this year.
#2 - Brody Nieuwsma - Extremely athletic and capable of scoring in bunches.
#3 - Connor Entzie - has improved since last year and seems to have gotten stronger. Good all around player.
#4 - Ethan Zetocha - 1,000 point scorer and very dynamic on the offensive end.
#5 - Brennan Vance - very good at both ends of the floor, plays extremely smart.
#6 - Drew Thielges - better than he was last year, but still seems inconsistent to me.

I agree that Region 3 deserves more than one on the All State teams, just have my doubts about it happening.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am

nolan4 wrote:Now that the yr is close to half over , I will put my 2 cents in........I am from central north dakota , so may miss some and some picks will be from hype.
Graham Hurlburt(1)
Jake Hanson(1)
Kyle Henningsgard(2)
Jordan Johnson(2)
Connor Entzi(3)
Brody Nieuwsma(3)
Dalton Poitra(4)
Tronis McKay(4)
Trace Azure(4)
Jayden Kamrosky(4)
Zac Martin(5)
Josh Van Lith(6)
Casey Walcker(7)
Hayden Sadowski(7)
Deyondre Simpson(8)
Added what region they were from ()

pretty solid list...IF region 3 doesn't get 3 players among the two All-State Teams...I'd be shocked. I'd put Pinke on the list over Jordan Johnson. Wyatt Carr from Hazen is another solid player (team is just struggling lately). I could see Region 4 only getting 3 players also...likely Komrosky being the odd-one-out. That's just my thoughts...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:19 am

If Wyatt Carr were not All State, I would be fairly disappointed. Having a completely dominant year and is in my opinion, the best overall player in Class B basketball right now.

Players listed that I have not watched this season are:
Connor Entzi, Jake Hanson, Jordan Johnson, and Kyle Henningsgard.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby senditin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:59 am

balla45 wrote:If Wyatt Carr were not All State, I would be fairly disappointed. Having a completely dominant year and is in my opinion, the best overall player in Class B basketball right now.

Players listed that I have not watched this season are:
Connor Entzi, Jake Hanson, Jordan Johnson, and Kyle Henningsgard.

I'll call Tronis Mckay the best overall player in Class B. He's played all positions, Can drive to the hoop, hit the 3, grab double fig. rebounds, send shots into the stands on D and jump thru the roof. And he's just a junior.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys