2015 STATE TOURNEY

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Four Winds-Minnewaukan
35%
Rugby
35%
Oak Grove
4%
New England
12%
LaMoure-LM
7%
May-Port-CG
2%
Parshall
4%
Shiloh Christian
2%

Total votes : 57

Re: 2015 STATE TOURNEY

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:58 pm

I wasn't at the tournament but thought this was interesting. Anyone have any insight?
http://nativenewsonline.net/currents/no ... n-the-u-s/
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:04 pm

I saw the same thing and was asking myself the exact same question.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:37 pm

I agree, it would be nice to leave basketball in Bismarck, hockey in Grand Forks, football in Fargo, but then what would they give Minot---swimming? They probably would not be very happy with what is left available.
north1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:03 pm

Minot is proposing an athletic facility (like in Williston) that could be used for state swimming.

I really hope Minot builds some kind of civic arena ( like Bismarck). I think it has been proposed, but never fell through.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jack8 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Baller wrote:I wasn't at the tournament but thought this was interesting. Anyone have any insight?

Nothing new like I said in another post it is sad this still happens
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jack8 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:48 pm

Is this true that the Bismarck tribune had stories on rugby,oak grove, and LLM and nothing on Four Winds?
As was written in the comments
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Jack8 wrote:Is this true that the Bismarck tribune had stories on rugby,oak grove, and LLM and nothing on Four Winds?
As was written in the comments

Four Winds-Minnewaukan's story from the Bismarck Tribune leading up to State...whoever wrote that comment didn't search very hard as it was in the 1st page of HS sports stories

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/four- ... ada61.html
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Pit Bull » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:18 am

Jack8 wrote:
Baller wrote:I wasn't at the tournament but thought this was interesting. Anyone have any insight?

Nothing new like I said in another post it is sad this still happens

It's sad to me when people don't know what they are talking about but still make uneducated comments or write editorials.

The NDARNG was giving away merchandise to all fans the entire tournament. They had a few extra items left so on the way out the door at halftime they passed them out to the Rugby section (next to the exits). There was no blatant attempt to single one fan base out over another. It was simply, lets get rid of these items and get out of here (less items to carry to the vehicle). People need to look at the whole picture before they comment on one issue.

I know the NDARNG is looking at this because they don't want the perception to happen again. They even released a statement explaining the misunderstanding. It's sad when people have nothing better to do than to find fault with every little thing.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:37 am

Its really sad that this is what our world is coming to, we have to make everyone happy, give equal amounts of time and attention to everyone. I'm sure it was just an oversight and like Pit Bull said they were just trying to get rid of their stuff and get out of there. I noticed the National Guardsmen during the whole tournament on both ends of the floor, didn't matter who was playing. Do we really need to make all of this about race?!?!
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby senditin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:31 am

sportsphenom wrote:Its really sad that this is what our world is coming to, we have to make everyone happy, give equal amounts of time and attention to everyone. I'm sure it was just an oversight and like Pit Bull said they were just trying to get rid of their stuff and get out of there. I noticed the National Guardsmen during the whole tournament on both ends of the floor, didn't matter who was playing. Do we really need to make all of this about race?!?!

It's also really sad that when we play in Maddock, Fessenden and Binford, our players still get called dirty Indians, prairie n-word, and other nice names.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:40 am

senditin wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:Its really sad that this is what our world is coming to, we have to make everyone happy, give equal amounts of time and attention to everyone. I'm sure it was just an oversight and like Pit Bull said they were just trying to get rid of their stuff and get out of there. I noticed the National Guardsmen during the whole tournament on both ends of the floor, didn't matter who was playing. Do we really need to make all of this about race?!?!

It's also really sad that when we play in Maddock, Fessenden and Binford, our players still get called dirty Indians, prairie n-word, and other nice names.

I'm sorry this still happens and I'm not blind, I know it does. I know there are still ignorant people out there but just because there are ignorant people doesn't mean we all are.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Edger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:45 am

Perhaps if they had "got out of there" after they were done distributing, this misconception would not have occurred. Since they did not "get out of there" it was perceived by many the way it was perceived, including to non natives.

I don't believe the National Guardsmen did it on purpose, but it did make one wonder, and when you wear that uniform you are representing the entire organization.

What I find sad is that so many still want to dismiss peoples concerns on a matter like this as pettiness. I saw one commentator in the comments section beneath the article even blame it on the possibility that it was because FW players were disrespectful of the flag or folks in the FW section were disrespectful of the Civic Center Officials.

Unless they've lived through racism or this new type of "subtle" racism, most people will never understand, and I don't believe that it can even be imagined. I am glad the National Guard felt it important enough to be clarified.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby go maji » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Could this be compared to a dance team performing to one side of the arena?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby BigCat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:28 pm

Edger wrote:

Perhaps if they had "got out of there" after they were done distributing, this misconception would not have occurred. Since they did not "get out of there" it was perceived by many the way it was perceived, including to non natives.

I don't believe the National Guardsmen did it on purpose, but it did make one wonder, and when you wear that uniform you are representing the entire organization.

What I find sad is that so many still want to dismiss peoples concerns on a matter like this as pettiness. I saw one commentator in the comments section beneath the article even blame it on the possibility that it was because FW players were disrespectful of the flag or folks in the FW section were disrespectful of the Civic Center Officials.

Unless they've lived through racism or this new type of "subtle" racism, most people will never understand, and I don't believe that it can even be imagined. I am glad the National Guard felt it important enough to be clarified.

C'mon Edgar, no one is dismissing concerns of racism. The reason it may sound that way is that everyone knows that it was not the case here. Are there individual cases of racism, yes. Do you live it, obviously the case as you point out. I would ask that you not make that case on here as I will speak for myself, you are amongst friends. No need to poke that stick!!!
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Edger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:19 pm

BigCat wrote:
Edger wrote:

C'mon Edgar, no one is dismissing concerns of racism. The reason it may sound that way is that everyone knows that it was not the case here. Are there individual cases of racism, yes. Do you live it, obviously the case as you point out. I would ask that you not make that case on here as I will speak for myself, you are amongst friends. No need to poke that stick!!!

BigCat,

I was not Poking that stick, with a bunch of exclamation marks.

I was merely stating that what I find sad is that there were some dismissing the author's (whom I believe is non native) public wonderings about the reason, as uneducated comments (Pitbull) and the desire for equal treatment (sportsphenom) as making this a sad world to live in, just because she pointed out her concern in the first place, especially, when there were others who had wondered the same things. Should she have just wondered in silence? She had to point it out in order for her, in order for all of us, to find out that it was not the case. And as I said before, I'm glad the National Guard had the opportunity to shed light on the incident.

Why does this make it a sad world to live in?

And now just because I happen to think that people shouldn't turn a blind eye and ignore these types of concerns and also believe that most people will never know the feeling of racism, apparently I must be native.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby HammerTime » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:34 pm

You know, for as many basketball games I've been to over the years, I've never seen a team hang a championship banner. Does anyone know when schools traditionally do that? I realize it's probably up to the school to decide, but do get do it before the home opener for next season, graduation, or have a special ceremony for it?
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:23 am

HammerTime wrote:You know, for as many basketball games I've been to over the years, I've never seen a team hang a championship banner. Does anyone know when schools traditionally do that? I realize it's probably up to the school to decide, but do get do it before the home opener for next season, graduation, or have a special ceremony for it?

Oak Grove did it in late January this past season...it was actually quite the night. It was when they hosted Central Cass, which meant a full gym & rivalry game, plus the FM Acro Team #2 was there that night!

It really is up to the school and another variable occurs if you have a number of seniors that graduate; then it is potentially dependent on when they all might be able to return to be a part of it.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scruffy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Has New England done anything yet?
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mike Ditka » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:46 pm

scruffy wrote:Has New England done anything yet?

Fairly ignorant comment...regardless of how NE did at state, they didn't lose a single game to a region 7 team that I'm aware of. No other team would have represented our region better, considering they were obviously the best team in SW ND.

Since you're from Dickinson, I'll let you know that Trinity wasn't even the 2nd best team...see Hettinger/Scranton for any questions. Jealous Janice.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbluetwo4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

north1 wrote:I agree, it would be nice to leave basketball in Bismarck, hockey in Grand Forks, football in Fargo, but then what would they give Minot---swimming? They probably would not be very happy with what is left available.

Minot hosts the Class A and Class B state volleyball tournaments every year.
B>a
ndbluetwo4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:59 am

I have a relative who lives out of state that would like to watch these games. Does anyone know, can these be viewed online anywhere?
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Most ND state tournaments are streamed by the NFHS network through the NDHSAA.

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/explore/on-demand

You have to pay to watch live games.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys