projected seeding of state??

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

projected seeding of state??

Postby justplayalready » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:25 pm

1 FW
2 Rugby
3 Fargo
4 NE

??? sound about right???
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Re: projected seeding of state??

Postby yadot » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Looks right to me
yadot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:42 pm

1. FW
2. Rugby
3. NE
4. OG
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby ninja_joe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:38 pm

#1) Fargo Oak Grove - defending state champion coming through an excellent region & are playing strong ball
#2) Rugby - came out of the toughest region in my opinion (3 very strong teams)
#3) Four Winds - currently ranked #1 I believe
#4) New England - very good team coming out of a solid region (several decent teams)
#5) LaMoure-LM - play the solid defense...followed up their girls team this year with their own trip to state

#6) Shiloh Christian - well coached team...
#7) Parshall/MayPort CG - these teams will likely meet each other in the 7th place game if they are in opposite brackets. Still a good accomplishment to get to State & they will play with pride & represent their communities well. Parshall joins LaMoure as their girls team was at the state B last week too. Wow, how much fun is that for those two towns! I guess Shiloh was there too...BUT it's just different for smaller towns like Parshall & LaMoure. I can't say too many folks in Bismarck were all that excited for Shiloh...but I bet everyone in LaMoure & Parshall sure were!

I just think the defending state champion who returns back to the State B should be #1 as their record is every bit as good as anyone else's. I don't really think the seeding will matter much at all though except for whoever draws LaMoure-LM in first round. Parshall & MayPort-CG will probably be out matched in first round. Shiloh will hang in there too because of their coaching. I think any of the top five have a legit shot at being in the title game. The bottom three will need some good fortune & a few bounces go their way.
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 pm

1. FW-M
2. Rugby
3. OG
4. New England

Its the State B...anything can happen! Don't sleep on MPCG...obviously they are a sound defensive squad to hold Cavalier to 31 points (10 in 2nd half...1 in the 4th Quarter!!)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sorenson23 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:36 am

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that these are the matchups in the 1st Round:

Game 1 - (22-2) #2 Rugby Panthers vs Shiloh Christian Skyhawks (18-6)

Game 2 - (22-2) #3 New England Tigers vs LaMoure-Litchville-Marion Loboes (18-7)

Game 3 - (22-2) #1 Four Winds-Minnewaukan Indians vs May-Port-CG Patriots (18-6)

Game 4 - (21-4) #4 Fargo Oak Grove Grovers vs Parshall Braves (17-7)

Like I said this is just a wild guess of what the matchups could end up being. But for sure the top four seeds are correct. The other four are a toss up.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justplayalready » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:51 am

I see agreement who the top four, just not on how it should fall...none the less IF the four make it into the semis, it sets up for a very interesting and competitive two nights, regardless of their actual seed...

If I was putting money on this tourney, I'd Bet that:

One of the four top seeds would win it all.

I'd go against the four top seeds all make it into the semi's.

I'd take the field over the #1 seed

If I had to bet one, I'd take Rugby
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:08 am

1. FWM
2. Rugby
3. NE
4. OG

Have to remember that the other 4 are drawn out of a hat and not matched up 1vs8, 2vs7, etc. I think some people are forgetting that.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby brucenies@yahoo.com » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:11 am

ninja_joe wrote:#1) Fargo Oak Grove - defending state champion coming through an excellent region & are playing strong ball
#2) Rugby - came out of the toughest region in my opinion (3 very strong teams)
#3) Four Winds - currently ranked #1 I believe
#4) New England - very good team coming out of a solid region (several decent teams)
#5) LaMoure-LM - play the solid defense...followed up their girls team this year with their own trip to state

#6) Shiloh Christian - well coached team...
#7) Parshall/MayPort CG - these teams will likely meet each other in the 7th place game if they are in opposite brackets. Still a good accomplishment to get to State & they will play with pride & represent their communities well. Parshall joins LaMoure as their girls team was at the state B last week too. Wow, how much fun is that for those two towns! I guess Shiloh was there too...BUT it's just different for smaller towns like Parshall & LaMoure. I can't say too many folks in Bismarck were all that excited for Shiloh...but I bet everyone in LaMoure & Parshall sure were!

I just think the defending state champion who returns back to the State B should be #1 as their record is every bit as good as anyone else's. I don't really think the seeding will matter much at all though except for whoever draws LaMoure-LM in first round. Parshall & MayPort-CG will probably be out matched in first round. Shiloh will hang in there too because of their coaching. I think any of the top five have a legit shot at being in the title game. The bottom three will need some good fortune & a few bounces go their way.

Your tripping its a four team race and believe me lamoure isnt one of them their lucky just to be their.
brucenies@yahoo.com
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thundarsdaddy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:46 am

Great topic and thank you all for keeping this sane.

As a Rugby fan, I feel the #2 seed is very fair. 4 Winds should be #1.

I am just wondering, as a Rugby fan which of two great teams will be in our bracket then, Oak Grove or New England?

I am familar with OG, but dont know a thing about NE, but for them to win in that tough Region has to mean they will be every bit as tough as OG?

Personally I want to meet OG and beat them in the semi's if possible, then play 4 Winds in a rematch and beat them!

So I wont pick the #3 or #4 seeds since I will be biased.

Mostly because the odds are that there could be an upset in the opening round, as can almost be expected!
thundarsdaddy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:26 am

FWM lost a game to DT late in the season, but was on the road and played Shiloh the night before. They lead all teams in RPI and strength of schedule. I think Rugby is 2 as well, but wouldn't surprise me to see OG move up. I think NE comes out as 4, as their RPI and strength of schedule is below the others. However, they had some new pieces to the puzzle and took a while to gel. Guess we will see what the coaches think.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:45 am

1) FW-M
2) Rugby
3) New England
4) Oak Grove

Like mentioned on here before, yes Oak Grove won the title last year, but really don't think that's even taken into consideration when seeding this year's tournament. Glad to see the B back in Bismarck.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:56 am

1. FW-M
2. Rugby
3. Oak Grove
4. New England

If I had to seed all 8:

5. MPCG
6. LLM
7. Parshall
8. Shiloh
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:50 pm

I agree that the top 4 seeds are pretty solid, just not sure of order. Seems like FWM should be 1.

2 additional thoughts come to mind...

To be the man, you have to beat the man (channeling my inner Ric Flair)

I see LLM as a wild card, extremely well coached and talented starting 5.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys