2015 Region Tourneys

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2015 Region Tourneys

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:45 am

1. Hankinson in an upset
2. Hillsboro-CV just a guess as I think this region is a complete tossup
3. Oakes seems to be pretty hot lately and this region is another tossup with two tough matchups in round 1
4. Four Winds-Minnewaukan in the easiest region to pick
5. Shiloh has the experience and comes through
6. Rugby pulls it off
7. New England but I'm pulling for Hettinger-Scranton, it will be whoever wins that semifinal matchup
8. New Town gets through again
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby chief45 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:26 am

Sorenson23 wrote:My Predictions

Region 1 - Central Cass. Don't know much about this region but I agree this is a tough region with Fargo Oak Grove, Northern Cass, Central Cass, and Enderlin

Region 2 - Cavalier. After having yet a another dominanting year in football. The tornadoes head back to state in basketball but this isn't football and May-Port-CG is gonna test them in the region title game.

Region 3 - Linton-HMB. But they won't win these region easily with Strasburg-Zeeland, Oakes, and LaMoure-L-M in it.

Region 4 - Harvey-Wells County. The 1st time Four Winds played Harvey they beat them by 30 and in the district title game they beat them by 14. Four Winds-Minnewaukan has their work cut out for them with North Star and Harvey trying to snatch that region title away from them. I see Harvey beating North Star and getting a another shot at Four Winds but the third times gonna be the charm for Harvey they move on. And besides I'd rather see someone else make it out of this region besides Four Winds and North Star. Sorry I don't see the #1 rank team in the state making it to the final eight. I smell an upset just like when Warwick almost upset North Star a couple of years ago.

Region 5 - Max or Washburn. I've seen Shiloh play and they have a tough time scoring. Washburn started the season out hot but cooled of since. And Max is getting hot at the right time. I've seen both Max and Washburn play and if Washburn plays like they did at the beginning of the season Shiloh's in trouble. As for Solen they started out 15-0 and went 2-4 in their last 6 games but they struggle when comes to tournament time. As a District 10 fan I would like to see a team from our district make it to state even though my hometown Underwood Comets are eliminated better luck to them next year.

Region 6 - Rugby will make it back to state. But Berthold is gonna make it real tough on them in the region title game.

Region 7 - New England or Hettinger-Scranton goes to state. Someone other than Beulah or Dickinson Trinity.

Region 8 - New Town wins the rematch over Parshall.

It's March Madness so anything can happen in North Dakota High School Basketball. But we could see a couple of upsets in these Region Tournaments. But good luck to all teams.

I could see 6 of your picks being right but I think your region 4 and 5 picks are a bit far fetched. Region 4 is four winds region to lose and if they get beat it will be by North Star. Region 5 will be supported at state by a district 9 team. I actually think it will be a D9 sweep. But with that being said I agree with you it's march and anything is possible.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby senditin » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:58 am

chief45 wrote:

Region 1 - Central Cass. Don't know much about this region but I agree this is a tough region with Fargo Oak Grove, Northern Cass, Central Cass, and Enderlin

Region 2 - Cavalier. After having yet a another dominanting year in football. The tornadoes head back to state in basketball but this isn't football and May-Port-CG is gonna test them in the region title game.

Region 3 - Linton-HMB. But they won't win these region easily with Strasburg-Zeeland, Oakes, and LaMoure-L-M in it.

Region 4 - Harvey-Wells County. The 1st time Four Winds played Harvey they beat them by 30 and in the district title game they beat them by 14. Four Winds-Minnewaukan has their work cut out for them with North Star and Harvey trying to snatch that region title away from them. I see Harvey beating North Star and getting a another shot at Four Winds but the third times gonna be the charm for Harvey they move on. And besides I'd rather see someone else make it out of this region besides Four Winds and North Star. Sorry I don't see the #1 rank team in the state making it to the final eight. I smell an upset just like when Warwick almost upset North Star a couple of years ago.

Region 5 - Max or Washburn. I've seen Shiloh play and they have a tough time scoring. Washburn started the season out hot but cooled of since. And Max is getting hot at the right time. I've seen both Max and Washburn play and if Washburn plays like they did at the beginning of the season Shiloh's in trouble. As for Solen they started out 15-0 and went 2-4 in their last 6 games but they struggle when comes to tournament time. As a District 10 fan I would like to see a team from our district make it to state even though my hometown Underwood Comets are eliminated better luck to them next year.

Region 6 - Rugby will make it back to state. But Berthold is gonna make it real tough on them in the region title game.

Region 7 - New England or Hettinger-Scranton goes to state. Someone other than Beulah or Dickinson Trinity.

It's March Madness so anything can happen in North Dakota High School Basketball. But we could see a couple of upsets in these Region Tournaments. But good luck to all teams.

I could see 6 of your picks being right but I think your region 4 and 5 picks are a bit far fetched. Region 4 is four winds region to lose and if they get beat it will be by North Star. Region 5 will be supported at state by a district 9 team. I actually think it will be a D9 sweep. But with that being said I agree with you it's march and anything is possible.

Region 4 - There's no way on gods green earth Harvey beats FWM. Harvey had a big 1st quarter in the district final but only scored 28 points the last 3 quarters. FWM had their worst shooting night of the season but the D clamped down on the Hornets.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Region 4 I think FWM should win this region unless somebody shoots lights out against FWM. Region 2 I think this region is ripe for bunch of upsets even first round. Cavalier will be tested by Park River this will be Cavaliers third time beating Park River something always hard to do and each time they played games have gotten closer. Mayport got Grafton another possible upset here, and final two games Thompson should give
Hatton/Northwood a game, and Hillsboro vs Griggs county might be surprise also especially if upsets start occurring.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sticks11 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 pm

senditin wrote:
chief45 wrote:

Region 4 - There's no way on gods green earth Harvey beats FWM. Harvey had a big 1st quarter in the district final but only scored 28 points the last 3 quarters. FWM had their worst shooting night of the season but the D clamped down on the Hornets.

I wouldn't go as far as you're going senditin, but it would be a very tough win for anyone else in that region IMO. The thing is, even if FWM is shooting poorly or they get in foul trouble or something, they still are going to defend well. I will say, however, I think HWC stand just as good of a chance against them as North Star.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:19 pm

chief45 wrote:

Totally agree with you on this. District 10 is pretty weak this year. I do think Washburn has a good chance to knock off Shiloh in the first round but I do not think it will happen.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Oak grove only up by five at half shocking
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:19 pm

WEhaveAproblem wrote:Oak grove only up by five at half shocking

They won 80-56
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NotTheCoach » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:04 am

Only 6 teams in ND with 20 win seasons and half of them are playing tonight in the Region 6 tournament! Should be a great night of basketball at the Dome.

Tuesday, March 10th
G5: D12-1 Berthold (21-1) vs. D12-3 Our Redeemer's (20-3)
G6: D11-1 Rugby (20-2) vs. D12-2 Bishop Ryan (15-8)

I am taking ORCS over Berthold for the upset. Rugby over Ryan in the second game.
NotTheCoach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:00 am

There is also a matchup of 20 win teams in the Region 7 semi's tonight.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:10 pm

NotTheCoach wrote:Only 6 teams in ND with 20 win seasons and half of them are playing tonight in the Region 6 tournament! Should be a great night of basketball at the Dome.

Tuesday, March 10th

I am taking ORCS over Berthold for the upset. Rugby over Ryan in the second game.

All of the District 2 entrants to the Region 1 tournament have stronger schedules than the 3 teams mentioned from Region 6.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDbballfan-AandB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:38 pm

leroybla wrote:
NotTheCoach wrote:Only 6 teams in ND with 20 win seasons and half of them are playing tonight in the Region 6 tournament! Should be a great night of basketball at the Dome.

Tuesday, March 10th

All of the District 2 entrants to the Region 1 tournament have stronger schedules than the 3 teams mentioned from Region 6.

Still Impressive.
NDbballfan-AandB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hsfootballfan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:42 pm

leroybla wrote:

Tuesday, March 10th

Stronger schedules, maybe. Cant fault them for beating the teams they are supposed to beat tho. Rugby has been tested a few times. Had a chance to beat the number one team in the state. Berthold is no slouch. Took Rugby till the final minute to put them away. Berthold has played some tough teams as well also. Our Redeemers three losses have come to Shiloh, Berthold, and Minot Ryan. Those are quality ball clubs.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hsfootballfan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Tuesday, March 10th

I don't think ORCS will beat Berthold. They couldn't hang on to an eight point lead with a minute left at home none the less. I think Berthold and Rugby both have double digit wins tonight. Rugby will pry have a double digit win on Thursday night. I think they are peaking at the right time.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby jimor » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Berthold 66-Our Redeemers 54 final
Rugby 58 -Bishop Ryan 37
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby hsfootballfan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 pm

I think what hurts ORCS, none of those kids play football.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Take a shot at the state participants.
Region1: Oak Grove
Region:Mayport Clifford Galesburg
Region3: Oakes
Region4: Indians
Region5: Skyhawks
Region6: Berthold Bombers
Region7: Trinity
Region 8: Parshall
Region 1 is really up in the air and could see central cass make a run at oak grove.region 2 is who wants its. Four winds has North Star to worry about but should manage. Would like to see max play Shiloh in region 5 title but give the edge to sky hawks either way. Region 6 is rugby a to lose but gotta go underdog.. Region 7 needs a rep other then trinity hopefully hettinger or New England can do the job.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:48 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:Region 1: Hankinson
Region 2: Hillsboro-CV
Region 3: Carrington
Region 4: St. John *homer pick* (Dunseith as a dark horse)
Region 5: Solen
Region 6: Rugby
Region 7: New England

My revised predictions:

Region 1: Oak Grove
Region 2: Cavalier
Region 3: Oakes
Region 4: North Star
Region 5: Solen
Region 6: Rugby
Region 7: New England
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:00 pm

When was the last time Enderlin, Oakes, Solen, and NE have gone to state. All the other teams in the championships have been there in the last 10 years.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:05 pm

My revised picks

1. Hankinson - now Enderlin. I just think an upset is going to happen somewhere
2. Hillsboro-CV - now Cavalier. Tornadoes playing well and have the experience
3. Oakes - sticking with them
4. Four Winds-Minnewaukan - will have revenge on their minds from last year
5. Shiloh - would like to see Solen pull it off tho
6. Rugby - sticking with them
7. New England - knocks off Trinity
8. New Town - sticking with them
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:39 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:My revised picks

1. Hankinson - now Enderlin. I just think an upset is going to happen somewhere
2. Hillsboro-CV - now Cavalier. Tornadoes playing well and have the experience
3. Oakes - sticking with them
4. Four Winds-Minnewaukan - will have revenge on their minds from last year
5. Shiloh - would like to see Solen pull it off tho
6. Rugby - sticking with them
7. New England - knocks off Trinity
8. New Town - sticking with them

All the same for me except I'm going L-LM for Region 3 and Parshall in 8. There should be some very good games for region titles. Like you said in 4 - 4WM is going to come out very ready to play, but I think North Star will too, that could be one like last year if NS can get it going offensively. I'd like to see Enderlin and Oak Grove, too.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:30 pm

scc wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:When was the last time Enderlin, Oakes, Solen, and NE have gone to state. All the other teams in the championships have been there in the last 10 years.

Enderlin - 1996
Oakes - 1995
Solen - ?
New England - 1997

As far as I can tell Solen or Cannonball has never made it to State
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby jimor » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:51 pm

What towns were involved in 1998 SRCGS,Fort Yates?
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby ninja_joe » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Region 1: Championship: D2-1 Oak Grove (20-4) vs. D2-2 Enderlin (14-10) *Enderlin has a nice post season going. It's not often too many 14-10 teams get to a regional final, let alone the state tournament. Original pick - Oak Grove. They win easy. They are the defending state champions.

Region 2: Championship: #1 Cavalier (18-5) vs. #2 May-Port-CG (17-6) *No surprises here. Original Pick - May Port CG. This will be close. Brock Robbins is a force BUT this isn't football. Cavalier stays home this year.

Region 3: Championship: D5-1 Oakes (19-5) vs. D5-2 LaMoure-LM (17-7) *Never though Linton would be beaten because of their coaching. Oakes is playing strong & hot offensively. LaMoure knows how to play basketball & are ONLY one year removed from playing at State B. Original Pick - Linton. No idea who wins but it will be a good one.

Region 4: Championship: D7-1 Four Winds-Minnewaukan (21-2) vs. D8-1 North Star (19-4) *It always comes down to these teams the past few years. Original Pick - Four Winds

Region 5: Championship: D9-1 Shiloh Christian (17-6) vs. D9-2 Solen (19-4) *Sure would be nice to see Solen get to state B. Multi-million dollar Shiloh...the casual fan really doesn't want to see the parochial's from the big cities playing. Original Pick - Shiloh (but I will be rootin' for Solen to step up & get it done).

Region 6: Championship: D12-1 Berthold (22-1) vs. D11-1 Rugby (21-2) "It's getting old seeing Rugby in the state B too. You know you have a good run going when people write things like that. Berthold was there not that long ago too. Good teams that both deserve to be in the state tournament. This will be a good game. Original Pick - Rugby

Region 7: Championship: #1 New England (21-2) vs. #3 Dickinson Trinity (16-7) *Extremely over hyped region here. They always are simply because of the number of big schools. I have seen all of these teams play. New England is the only legit state qualifier. Several other regions are better. I don't know the background on how New England team was constructed BUT it doesn't matter to me when it comes to playing yet another parochial school from a bigger city. New England has the size. Trinity will ONCE AGAIN have the home crowd & home cooking. So it will be tough for NE. Original Pick - New England. Definitely pulling for NE!

Region 8: Championship: D15-1 Parshall (16-7) vs. D15-2 New Town (17-6) *I know several people who are watching this tournament. They all say this is the weakest region 8 they have ever seen. With that being said, the two most talented teams are in the final. Parshall plays more like a team than New Town & plays harder. Way harder. Original Pick - Parshall Parshall might just win this one in a runaway to be honest...

Region Championship night is always special in ND class B towns. Good luck to all teams!
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Just curious as to why you say region 7 is overhyped? They had numerous wins over very good teams from other regions. FWM, Rugby, New Town, Shiloh, Linton and a couple good SD teams.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys