Difference between region and super region with challange

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Difference between region and super region with challange

Postby Come to Play » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 am

Posted this on girls sight but maybe someone has an opinion that visits this boy's sight.
I don't know if anyone else is confused about the difference between a region vs a super region.
It is a new thing this year but I feel it needs a simple explanation so there isn't so much confusion out there.
In addition, is there any double eliminations involved? Just for the fact if a great team has worked their tail off during the season, was rewarded with automatic seed into the region, and then has one bad night as anyone does, shouldn't there be at least one challenge game like in the old district play? At least a region team that has gotten to this level should be allowed something. Yes, don't bring the house down on me with an answer like, "oh no, that would extend the regionals another night!" Who cares, at least a great season and regional qualifier team has earned this opportunity, unlike the old challenge game in the old district format where a pathetic team even had a second chance.......
Come to Play
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Difference between region and super region with challang

Postby Hinsa » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Only difference is that the super region eliminates the district tournaments. In the super region, all teams are thrown in the same pool and seeded according to their regular season finish in the region standings.

No double elimination.

No challenge game.

Win or go home. An upset really means something. No back door. Bring your A-game every night if you want to win the tournament.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Re: Difference between region and super region with challang

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:18 am

I think for those regions doing the super, it really brings urgency to playing well. Like previously stated, don't win....don't play anymore. It will be interesting to see.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys