Rugby vs Berthold

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Rugby vs Berthold

Postby Sticks11 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:54 pm

How does everyone see this one? Also, does anyone know if this can be viewed online somewhere?

I think if Rugby plays well and doesn't turn the ball over, them by 10 plus. They'll have to limit Lee's clean looks though.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Rugby vs Berthold

Postby Broncos811 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:37 pm

This will be a very telling game as to what Berthold will be capable in their region. There is no doubt that they are a good team, even though no one really expected them to be. I think they could beat Rugby. If it was a best of 7 I'd give Rugby the edge, but I would not bet on this single game.

The things I believe are Rugby's biggest advantages over Berthold is being a better rounded team and being more battle tested. If Rugby can hold Lee on defense, there is no doubt in my mind Rugby will win because they will get their points. Holding Lee is easier said than done though, and if they over play him he's actually a pretty good passer too. And of course their is Rugby's experience with good teams that Berthold has only had against Dickinson Trinity, who I felt wasn't hitting their shots like normal. That experience may be the thing needed in a game like this.

I know I'm talking a lot of Rugby's advantage in this game, but it is, again, not a sure thing. It will be, however, a good game to watch if you can make it
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:45 pm

Isn't Rugby webcasting this game? I don't see it under the list of scheduled events.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sticks11 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:00 pm

The game is in Minot at the Auditorium. So I don't think Rugby is.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby WhiteMamba » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:55 pm

This would have been a great game to watch. Thanks for updates guys.
WhiteMamba
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HammerTime » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:27 pm

I guess we know who's not undefeated anymore.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brucenies@yahoo.com » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:20 am

Berthold is a one man team and it was proven tonight. Rugby is just better so berthold fans get a grip cause well rounded teams are much harder to defend
brucenies@yahoo.com
NDPreps Reserve

Postby justplayalready » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:36 am

I thought it was a big game atmosphere...good fan numbers on both sides. A smattering of other R6 teams and fans watching with interest...As the game stayed close and back and forth it became even more like a region final...without the lose and done heartbreak :mrgreen: .Score wise, Berthold did lead a good portion of the game, but couldn't extend past six. Rugby hit free throws at the end to close it out, but it was a 1-3 point game through out...

Rugby did look tired. The game the night before against TGU took more out of them then I thought it would. It was the "pink out" game and there was a local cancer fight story that both teams/fans supported. I'd guess Berthold would have some emotion wanting to send their old coach a message the night before :D too...

Lee is fun to watch. As a fan I found myself watching him exclusively on the offensive end...Rugby defenders were also doing this, forgetting about their man. Last two players I have locked on exclusively like that have been Langstaff and Malzer...

With Lee Berthold is in every game they play, should give them plenty of confidence come regionals. Rugby was again reminded that the next game is not Fargo Oak Grove in Bismarck...Minot ORCS should learn this upcoming week where they fit into what looks to be a 3 team R6 picture...

Great game, great game for fans, both teams should be better going forward after it...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sticks11 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:31 pm

brucenies@yahoo.com wrote:Berthold is a one man team and it was proven tonight. Rugby is just better so berthold fans get a grip cause well rounded teams are much harder to defend

Again, with all the hate. Berthold has a very good player on their team in Austin Lee, but they are hardly a one man team. Sure, they don't have anyone else capable of doing what Lee is doing, but not many teams do. They have other kids that do a lot of things for them. Then you tell Berthold fans get a grip, when in this thread, nothing has really even been said. Maybe the chip on your shoulder towards Berthold or someone on that team needs to be removed.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Broncos811 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:47 am

The Berthold hate is actually kind of crazy. I'm on record on this site calling them overrated, but it was before they played Rugby. My opinion of them as a team has really improved because of that actually.
The people HATING, not just being critical, on Berthold have to be fans of teams they've beaten or something, because the hate is irrational, and a little troubling considering the audience they're hating on
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DTaBM » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Broncos811 wrote:The Berthold hate is actually kind of crazy. I'm on record on this site calling them overrated, but it was before they played Rugby. My opinion of them as a team has really improved because of that actually.
The people HATING, not just being critical, on Berthold have to be fans of teams they've beaten or something, because the hate is irrational, and a little troubling considering the audience they're hating on

Prob a bit created by a regular user, whoz really a Bomber fan trying to fire up the base :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No HATERZ!!!
Death To all But Metal!!!

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin right here aright!
DTaBM
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys