Minot State Shootout

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Minot State Shootout

Postby uspsrt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:14 am

Minot State Shootout
Rolla vs. Westhope-Newburg
Four Winds-Minnewaukan vs. Des Lacs-Burlington
Rugby vs. Beulah
Dickinson Trinity vs. Berthold

Does anyone know the times and the order that these Varsity games at the Minot Dome are being played?
uspsrt
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Minot State Shootout

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Rugby vs. Beulah is at 7pm and I believe the last game of the day. That's the only one I've gotten a clear answer on.

You would think the Minot Daily would have this listed one of these days.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby HammerTime » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:59 pm

I think that Rugby/Beulah game will be really good game. It might be a preview of the state tournament.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uspsrt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:51 pm

HammerTime wrote:I think that Rugby/Beulah game will be really good game. It might be a preview of the state tournament.

I saw Rugby in all three of their games at the CNDC tournament. They looked unbeatable at times, but go through periods when they struggle to score and commit way to many fouls. Not in the final though. They made 15 threes and pretty much scored at will, even off the bench. They did have an injury to a starter in the final. I hope it is not serious, but he did not play the second half.

I would like to see a couple of the other games at Minot along with the Rugby/Beulah game. It could be a great one. I asked fans and parents from both Rolla and Rugby for times and order of games but didn't get a clear answer there either.
uspsrt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoops247 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:49 am

I'm pretty confident that here's the schedule for the games on Saturday (Dec. 27) at the MSU Dome -

2:30 – Westhope-Newburg vs. Rolla
4:00 – Berthold vs. Dickinson Trinity
5:30 – DLB vs. Four Winds
7:00 – Rugby vs. Beulah
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sticks11 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:16 am

Any idea if these games are going to be available to watch online somewhere??
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:15 pm

vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Rolla def. Westhope-Newburg 44-37
RV Berthold def. #9 Dickinson Trinity 55-54
#3 Four Winds-Minnewaukan def. Des Lacs-Burlington 82-40
RV Beulah def. #1 Rugby 51-50
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby north1 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Was able to take in all 4 games. Was a very enjoyable day of class b boys basketball. Not often you can see 3 ranked teams and a couple of teams receiving votes for ranking in one day. All for the price of $2.50/game.

Berthold, Beulah and Four Winds were impressive. Four Winds less-so due to competition, but still interesting to see them in action. Hard to believe they beat Beulah by 18 but maybe they played really well and Beulah were in a funk.

Berthold held Dickinson Trinity down most of the game until the end and had to come back at the end. Is it just me or has Austin Lee been playing varsity since he was a seventh grader. Seems he has been on the team forever. He was actually off most of the game but came through with the game winning 3 at the end.

Rugby didn't look anything like the team from last year. Maybe it was due to lack of early season competition or they had a really bad game but Beulah man-handled them for almost three quarters until they had a bad offensive streak the last of third and fourth quarters. Beulah didn't score for almost 5 minutes and still were able to hold on for the win. Hoveland's last drive to win it was heavily contested but no way refs would call a foul in that situation with under 5 seconds left. Not a obvious foul, but may have been called with over a minute left.

Overall a very enjoyable day. The Our Redeemer's shootout on Monday should be another good one!!
north1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby uspsrt » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:31 am

north1 wrote:Rugby didn't look anything like the team from last year. !

I agree. They lost a couple of good ball handlers to graduation from that team and it seemed like they had no answer to Beulah's pressure defense. When they did get into their offense though, their post players pretty much scored whenever they wanted to. It was a strange game to say the least. Beulah led 38-23 at the half and then Rugby outscored them 27-13 in the second half and actually had two attempts to win the game in the last few seconds.
uspsrt
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys