Toughest Matchups

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Toughest Matchups

Postby Sticks11 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Alright, what teams and what individual players present the toughest matchups around the state and why?
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Toughest Matchups

Postby Sticks11 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:30 pm

If you're talking about individuals, Trayvon McKay, Christian Kvilvang, and Brad Heidlebaugh have to be about as hard to guard as anyone out there.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Carter Kretchman & Christian Adams would he on the list. I'd also include Brock Robbins as a tough matchup.

Also a sleeper as an individual player would be Grady Bresnahan...he is just so dang quick...can break you down as a defender with his quickness and get to the rim (or kick to an open shooter).

Four Winds-Minnewaukan is just so quick so they are hard to matchup with...

Oak Grove has 3 kids who can score from anywhere and a few role players who can score in bunches if the opposing team can slow the big 3 (Central Cass is the same description too)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Dalton Poitra from St. John would have to be on my list. He isn't shooting as well this year as last. I assume he is receiving more attention from defenses this year. I haven't seen him play this winter but he handles the ball very well, shoots well above average, and can really pressure the ball on defense.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby HammerTime » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:54 am

When Rugby goes down to 4 winds, it'll be interesting to see how Rugby guards Trayvon McKay.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 am

In Region 3 I would put the following (in no particular order)

Adam White - Ellendale - extremely hard to guard in the paint. Strong and a quicker 1st step than you think. He is also a very good FT shooter.
Anthony Olson - athletic as heck, great vertical and can get to the basket.
John Purinton - Linton-HMB - very quick and a good outside shooter as well.
Brody Nieuwsma - Strasburg-Zeeland - outstanding offensive player. Good shooter and gets to the basket very well.
Hunter Pinke - South Border - strong in the post and shoots the 3 very well. Has quick feet for a big man.
Seth Aubeurra (SP?) - Carrington - extremely quick guard that can go right or left with a nice shot.

I may have missed a couple as I haven't seen everyone play yet in Region 3.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys