2014-15 Region 8 Players & Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2014-15 Region 8 Players & Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Top 15 Players
Daryl Grady, New Town
Elijah Gardy, New Town
Tanner Garman, Ray
David Larsen, Ray
Austin Schell, Trenton-TC
Jonah Lind, Trenton-TC
David Kline, Watford City
Alec Lee, North Shore-Plaza
Hunter Harris, Kenmare
Patrick Frise, Tioga
Monte Good Bird, Parshall
Dylan Olson, Divide County
Wyatt Felix, White Shield
2 additional player to be added...

District 15
1. New Town
2. Watford City
3. Parshall
4. Trenton-Trinity Christian
5. White Shield
6. North Shore-Plaza

District 16
1. Ray
2. Tioga
3. Kenmare
4. Stanley
5. Burke County
6. Divide County
7. Powers Lake

Region 8
1. New Town
2. Watford City
3. Ray
4. Parshall
5. Tioga
6. Kenmare
7. Stanley
8. Trenton-Trinity Christian
9. White Shield
10. North Shore-Plaza
11. Burke County
12. Divide County
13. Powers Lake
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014-15 Region 8 Players & Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Feel free to add discussion to this topic...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby USA » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Top 15 Players
Daryl Grady, New Town
Elijah Gardy, New Town
Tanner Garman, Ray
David Larsen, Ray
Stefan Stubbs, Tioga
Patrick Frise, Tioga
Jonah Lind, Trenton-TC
Hunter Harris, Kenmare
2 additional players to be added...

District 15
1. New Town
2. Watford City
3. Parshall
5. White Shield
6. North Shore-Plaza

District 16
1. Ray
2. Tioga
3. Kenmare
4. Stanley
5. Burke County
6. Divide County
7. Powers Lake

Region 8
1. New Town
2. Watford City
3. Ray
4. Parshall
5. Tioga
6. Kenmare
7. Stanley
9. White Shield
10. North Shore-Plaza
11. Burke County
12. Divide County
13. Powers Lake

I've heard Stubbs is no longer in tioga. Dean Foote and Good Bird from Parshall should be added. As well as Logan Fettig from WC. New Town should win the region relatively easy. Watford or Parshall are the only teams that could give them a run.
USA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Stubbs is gone.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jack8 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Dean foote is no longer at Parshall either.
Logan kid from Watford and white owl kid should be on list too IMO
And yes new town should win the region I don't see anybody giving them a problem but that's why they play the game. Good list run thanks for all the info
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:26 pm

balla45 wrote:Stubbs is gone.

Did he move out of state?
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Yes.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sniper » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 am

Tough luck for Tioga.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jack8 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Top 15 Players
Daryl Grady, New Town
Elijah Gardy, New Town
Tanner Garman, Ray
David Larsen, Ray
Jonah Lind, Trenton-TC
Hunter Harris, Kenmare
Patrick Frise, Tioga
Monte Good Bird, Parshall
2 additional player to be added...

District 15
1. New Town
2. Watford City
3. Parshall
5. White Shield
6. North Shore-Plaza

District 16
1. Ray
2. Tioga
3. Kenmare
4. Stanley
5. Burke County
6. Divide County
7. Powers Lake

Region 8
1. New Town
2. Watford City
3. Ray
4. Parshall
5. Tioga
6. Kenmare
7. Stanley
9. White Shield
10. North Shore-Plaza
11. Burke County
12. Divide County
13. Powers Lake

The two players I would add would be Payton Whiteowl from New Town and Taylor Peltier White Shield. At this point in the season
As for the teams I see so far New Town,WC,Parshall,and Kenmare would be the top 4
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Parshall and the rest? Region 8

Postby lakers24 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:45 am

Does anybody think that any team in this region could upset Parshall? This region kind of gets pushed off to side for being "weak", but teams such as Stanley, Trinity Christian, Kenmare have turned into really competitive teams. Also teams like Watford and Newtown are good programs and above average teams.
I personally think that this region is more "up in the air" than people think. Parshall will have a difficult challenge to repeat this year, in my opinion.
lakers24
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Parshall and the rest? Region 8

Postby d_fense » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:49 am

lakers24 wrote:Does anybody think that any team in this region could upset Parshall? This region kind of gets pushed off to side for being "weak", but teams such as Stanley, Trinity Christian, Kenmare have turned into really competitive teams. Also teams like Watford and Newtown are good programs and above average teams.
I personally think that this region is more "up in the air" than people think. Parshall will have a difficult challenge to repeat this year, in my opinion.

I will start by saying I have not seen a region 8 team play since watching Parshall at state last year. So, I am only going off what I hear and read. That being said, teams can only play who is on their schedule. So if you are in an area that is down or just doesn't have teams that are very competitive you (the athletic director is the person who controls who you play outside the region) can only control your schedule to a certain degree. After reading your post, I got a little curious and did a little looking around.

Outside of the region Stanley has 2 wins year to date. They beat 4/10 Killdeer and 3/12 Westhope/Newburg.

Trinity Christian beat 1/12 Beach, 0/12 South Prairie, and 2/14 Max.

Kenmare beat 6/8 Sawyer, 3/12 Westhope/Newburg, and 8/8 Glenburn.

At first glace it looks like the 3 teams you mention had their best win vs the 8/8 Glenburn team. The 500 team has looses by point margins of 48, 45, 39, 35, 25, 19, 7, and 6 points. I just point this out to show the teams you mentioned do not seem to have a win outside the region vs an even average team.

I think it is recognized by most people that region 8 has been going through a tough time as a whole. That doesn't mean that they can't produce a state champion or have a few teams that can compete with anyone. But, looking at numbers, it is difficult to say or feel confident that any of the 3 teams you mentioned can compete with a somewhat known commodity in Parshall, until one of them actually beats the Braves.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby bandito380 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Stanley has only 2 losses and both to Berthold...1st in tournament by 3 where they lost shooting over 62% as a team as berthold was on fire from 3...and the second time by 3pts in last sec on a couple questionable calls by a young official who took points off the board twice in 30 sec that that prevented a win. kenmare has improved all year and has made pushes the last couple weeks against good teams. both these teams can beat parshall this year and last year. I see they both have beat opponents played by parshall by more points than parshall did while also giving up less. depends who shows up but I will pick Stanley over parshall in a foot race and run and gun game. more bench play favors them.
bandito380
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lakers24 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:05 pm

I do agree that none of the teams have beaten anyone tough outside of their region. I guess that is why it was more of an "eye test" when stating that Stanley, Kenmare, and Trinity are good. I have seen each play multiple times this year, and all 4 including Parshall have impressed me. But i totally understand that they have not beaten anyone outside of the region to brag about. I was talking to the Trinity coach the other night and he said that they have scheduled a game against Shiloh next weekend, so that will give them a chance to show what they are made of.
lakers24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby leroybla » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:13 pm

According to the website below, Region 8 is the weakest region overall by a rather large margin this year for boys basketball.

http://ndrpi.com/
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jack8 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Parshall at Stanley tonight should be a good game
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Jack8 wrote:Parshall at Stanley tonight should be a good game

Parshall defeats Stanley at Stanley 52-69. the game was competitive to the half but Parshall just walked away from Stanley in the 3rd and 4rth.....and the margin of victory wasn't padded by the fouling usually done to get the ball back when games are close...
Last edited by Old Drifter on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:52 pm

...and I still maintain that Parshall can beat berthold/LC....the loss the braves suffered at berthold was without 2 starters.....and Monte wasn't playing when they lost to our redeemers....
Last edited by Old Drifter on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jack8 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:41 am

leroybla wrote:According to the website below, Region 8 is the weakest region overall by a rather large margin this year for boys basketball.

http://ndrpi.com/

Region 5 isn't much higher then region 8. So I wouldn't say it is the weakest region overall "by a rather large margin". According to the web site you provided
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jack8 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:53 am

Old Drifter wrote:

Parshall defeats Stanley at Stanley 52-69. the game was competitive to the half but Parshall just walked away from Stanley in the 3rd and 4rth.....

Yes this wasn't a game after halftime .
Old Drifter who do you see if anybody has the best chance to beat Parshall come districts and region tourney's?
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby baskets-r-us » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:59 am

Only teams I can see knocking off Parshall are Trinity Christian which gave Parshall a go at home and Kenmare who for awhile had Parshall on the ropes..granted Parshall didn't play very well against Kenmare
baskets-r-us
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lakers24 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:06 am

I agree after watching last nights game vs Stanley I think Parshalls main challenge will be Trinity Christian. Parshalls beat trinity at home by 4, but trinity was up 18-7 towards the end of the 1st. I think the size of Parshalls is what makes it difficult for trinity, but trinity's speed is what caused Parshalls problems. Should be a fun tournament time in region 8.
lakers24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Old Drifter » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Jack8 wrote:
Old Drifter wrote:

Parshall defeats Stanley at Stanley 52-69. the game was competitive to the half but Parshall just walked away from Stanley in the 3rd and 4rth.....

Yes this wasn't a game after halftime .
Old Drifter who do you see if anybody has the best chance to beat Parshall come districts and region tourney's?

as another poster here wrote...I too think Parshall's main 'comp' will be trinity Christian and kenmare but again as the poster said, Parshall didn't really play a good game at kenmare but they still managed to beat them in their home gym...my Braves still haven't achieved consistent play...as I much as I don't like saying it, the Braves have been lucky and dodged a couple bullets with the close wins over the two...and I was later told TC's best player was on the sidelines with a hugely bandaged knee...region 8 is parshall's to lose...and I also saw from the other scores last night that kenmare beat berthold....giving further credence to my assertion that Parshall could have beaten berthold had they had their full starting 5...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jack8 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:44 pm

The thing about parshall is they don't have a bench and if Goodbird or Simpson gets in foul trouble or twists a ankle I see them having trouble. As stated earlier TC is able to play without there best player
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:05 pm

as another poster here wrote...I too think Parshall's main 'comp' will be trinity Christian and kenmare but again as the poster said, Parshall didn't really play a good game at kenmare but they still managed to beat them in their home gym...my Braves still haven't achieved consistent play...as I much as I don't like saying it, the Braves have been lucky and dodged a couple bullets with the close wins over the two...and I was later told TC's best player was on the sidelines with a hugely bandaged knee...region 8 is parshall's to lose...and I also saw from the other scores last night that kenmare beat berthold....giving further credence to my assertion that Parshall could have beaten berthold had they had their full starting 5...[/quote]

Berthold and Kenmare have not played, at least nowhere have i seen a score or a schedule that says they play.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:02 pm

nolan4 wrote:as another poster here wrote...I too think Parshall's main 'comp' will be trinity Christian and kenmare but again as the poster said, Parshall didn't really play a good game at kenmare but they still managed to beat them in their home gym...my Braves still haven't achieved consistent play...as I much as I don't like saying it, the Braves have been lucky and dodged a couple bullets with the close wins over the two...and I was later told TC's best player was on the sidelines with a hugely bandaged knee...region 8 is parshall's to lose...and I also saw from the other scores last night that kenmare beat berthold....giving further credence to my assertion that Parshall could have beaten berthold had they had their full starting 5...

Berthold and Kenmare have not played, at least nowhere have i seen a score or a schedule that says they play.

I can confirm: Kenmare/Berthold have not played this year...so not sure what score he saw!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to Boys