2014-15 Region 2 Players & Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2014-15 Region 2 Players & Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Top 15 Players - Ordered by Teams
Aaron Sletten, Larimore
Jake Peterson, Larimore
Trevor Verkuehlen, Larimore
Jayden Grover, Griggs Cty Central
Riley Nelson, Griggs Cty Central
Hunter Baldwin, Grafton
Zak Hernandez, Grafton
Ben Phelps, Drayton/VE
Jaycob Larson, Drayton/VE
Brock Robbins, Cavalier
Connor Moore, May-Port-CG
Jordan Johnson, Park River-FL
Jace Peterson, Hatton-Northwood
Calen Schwabe, Thompson
Austin Reed, Hillsboro-CV

Super-Region 2
1. Cavalier
2. Griggs County Central
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley
4. Larimore
5. Hatton-Northwood
6. Park River-FL
7. May-Port-CG
8. Grafton
9. Thompson
10. Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
11. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page
12. Midway-Minto
13. North Border
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014-15 Region 2 Players & Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Feel free to add discussion to this topic...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Top 15 Players - Ordered by Teams
Aaron Sletten, Larimore
Jake Peterson, Larimore
Trevor Verkuehlen, Larimore
Jayden Grover, Griggs Cty Central
Riley Nelson, Griggs Cty Central
Hunter Baldwin, Grafton
Zak Hernandez, Grafton
Ben Phelps, Drayton/VE
Jaycob Larson, Drayton/VE
Brock Robbins, Cavalier
Connor Moore, May-Port-CG
Jordan Johnson, Park River-FL
Jace Peterson, Hatton-Northwood
Calen Schwabe, Thompson
Austin Reed, Hillsboro-CV

Super-Region 2
1. Cavalier
2. Griggs County Central
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley
4. Larimore
5. Hatton-Northwood
6. Park River-FL
7. May-Port-CG
8. Grafton
9. Thompson
10. Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
11. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page
12. Midway-Minto
13. North Border

Gotta add Kyle Henningsgard in the mix for top players.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:08 pm

The south part of this Region will be much tougher this year, lots of teams down there bring back their core guys. I think to many ppl are sleeping on MPCG.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:46 pm

packers21 wrote:The south part of this Region will be much tougher this year, lots of teams down there bring back their core guys. I think to many ppl are sleeping on MPCG.

I agree on MPCG. They've got very good size and speed. Their big guy has been busting his hiney all spring, summer, and fall to get better. I'd put them in at least the top 4 of this region.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Big Blue » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:21 pm

In reply to a couple posts. Nice list Run, I will say I think Engel needs to be on the top player list. No, he may not put the points Nelson does, but Engel makes that team go and is the best TRUE point guard in region. Also, I don't think MPCG has been overlooked one bit. I think there are six teams that all have a shot and are in the mix and MPCG is one of them. At the point, I see hcv, h-n, gcc, mpcg, larimore and cavalier as the favorites and don't see one team having a huge advantage over the others going into the season.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsking » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Big Blue wrote:In reply to a couple posts. Nice list Run, I will say I think Engel needs to be on the top player list. No, he may not put the points Nelson does, but Engel makes that team go and is the best TRUE point guard in region. Also, I don't think MPCG has been overlooked one bit. I think there are six teams that all have a shot and are in the mix and MPCG is one of them. At the point, I see hcv, h-n, gcc, mpcg, larimore and cavalier as the favorites and don't see one team having a huge advantage over the others going into the season.

I would agree that region 2 is way more balanced than it has been in years. In the polls there are 6 region 2 teams either ranked or receiving votes. Yes, I don't believe the polls mean a whole lot now. But this region is definitely drawing attention with its balance. It is early yet but what are some thoughts of teams in the region after seeing a few games?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Thompson has played pretty well early in the season...I'd say they are the surprise team in the Region so far. Cavalier, Grafton & H-CV are the top 3 teams so far.

I definitely underrated Grafton in my prediction poll...Thompson was, and still is, an unknown.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm

RV Cavalier @ #9 Hillsboro-Central Valley

RV Cavalier @ RV Grafton

what happens in these 2 games tonight and tomorrow night
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:41 am

Good win in Central Valley for the Tornadoes....didnt know how that would pan out...region 2 looks to be as neck and neck across the board as its been in years
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:22 am

Winner, I can't believe you didn't make the trek down to CV! Here I wanted to harass you in person and you weren't there!

You are right, that was a great game. Cavalier is so athletic and Robbins proved that he wears a red "S" on his chest. He pulled off a spin in the lane that was an absolute blur as he blew by a defender. Tons and tons of blocked shots for both teams.

The difference in the game was a stretch early in the 3rd where Cav went through the high post to hit back door cuts on the weak side. Imagine that, someone getting the post into the offense. So many teams seem allergic to getting the ball into the post, high or low. Better to make one pass and hike up a 3. :shock:

It was an entertaining game to watch. The speed of the game was phenomenal because of the athleticism on the floor. Great matchups coming as the region schedule unfolds.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 am

Hinsa wrote:Winner, I can't believe you didn't make the trek down to CV! Here I wanted to harass you in person and you weren't there!

You are right, that was a great game. Cavalier is so athletic and Robbins proved that he wears a red "S" on his chest. He pulled off a spin in the lane that was an absolute blur as he blew by a defender. Tons and tons of blocked shots for both teams.

The difference in the game was a stretch early in the 3rd where Cav went through the high post to hit back door cuts on the weak side. Imagine that, someone getting the post into the offense. So many teams seem allergic to getting the ball into the post, high or low. Better to make one pass and hike up a 3. :shock:

It was an entertaining game to watch. The speed of the game was phenomenal because of the athleticism on the floor. Great matchups coming as the region schedule unfolds.

Haha...I heard there was someone inquiring... :)

yes that move Brock does is wicked....got caught up with things and couldnt get down there
nice to see the post play, yes...rebounding is key for the tornadoes....
off to grafton this eve for both Boys and Girls!!!

colored in and bold what is so true in todays ball!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby brucenies@yahoo.com » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:26 am

This region may be balanced but there isnt a team in this region that will be a threat to win the state title.
brucenies@yahoo.com
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:37 pm

non ranked Milnor a couple years ago.....

"threat to win"? I have learned throughout the years in sports is a non-essential phrase
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Region 2 is heating up fast.....Cavalier beats Thompson in OT last night putting this Region IMO probably the toughest to predict the Region Champ...... added to that is, the first year of the SR format making it more interesting....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:31 pm

winner-within wrote:Region 2 is heating up fast.....Cavalier beats Thompson in OT last night putting this Region IMO probably the toughest to predict the Region Champ added to that is the first year of the SR format making it more interesting....

Well I would have to agree. There are IMO 6 teams that could contend for the title. Teams are starting to find quality minutes from there bench. I really think that for all 6 teams that could contend for the region title, its going to come down to who wants it more, and bench players helping out. I only have 2 teams left in this region to see yet that will be there to contend. It was a nice win last night for Cavalier. All teams have quality players who night in and night out continue to show. But, I believe that there are only a couple teams that have the bench players that can come in and be a threat, and contribute quality relief minutes. I really think that's going to be the big key! We all know that nobody in this region has the 5 to stay in the game and get the wins. It really seems to me that confidence from the bench, and ability will determine a lot. This super region is really going to be a lot of fun! Should be some good close games and as always a surprise or 2.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:54 pm

This region is so crazy. Each team is knocking each other off at a pretty regular pace, from the top on down. There are results that just don't make sense at all. I attended a great game yesterday between Larimore and PRFL that resulted in the Aggies winning by 1 and included a Jake Peterson dunk, Jordan Johnson being left open over and over again in the third quarter resulting in I think it was 5 made threes. Just a crazy game overall, and a treat for basketball fans.

This region tournament should be interesting, to say the least.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys