2014-15 Region 1 Players & Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2014-15 Region 1 Players & Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Top 15 Players - Ordered by Team
Carter Kretchman, Oak Grove
Christian Adams, Oak Grove
Isaac Olson, Oak Grove
Grady Bresnahan, Central Cass
Adam Breske, Central Cass
Tommy Voss, Central Cass
Carter Mauch, Hankinson
Grady Mauch, Hankinson
Cody Springer, Northern Cass
Graham Hurlburt, Enderlin
Seth Harles, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
Kellen Jorgenson, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
Fletcher Andel, Kindred
Quincey Marlatt, Milnor
Jake Hanson, North Sargent

District 1
1. Hankinson
2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
3. Milnor
4. Lisbon
5. North Sargent
6. Sargent Central
7. Fairmount/CT

District 2
1. Oak Grove
2. Central Cass
3. Northern Cass
4. Enderlin
5. Kindred
6. Richland
7. Maple Valley

Region 1
1. Oak Grove
2. Central Cass
3. Northern Cass
4. Hankinson
5. Enderlin
6. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
7. Milnor
8. Lisbon
9. Kindred
10. North Sargent
11. Richland
12. Maple Valley
13. Sargent Central
14. Fairmount/CT
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014-15 Region 1 Players & Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Feel free to add discussion to this topic...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Legend26 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:34 pm

I think that this will be a close region with a lot of teams fighting for a spot
Legend26
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ChickenWing » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:11 pm

I also think it will be a close region. Central Cass and Oak Grove are looking like the top teams as of now.
ChickenWing
NDPreps Reserve

Postby irisheel » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:18 pm

I like Oak Grove's team overall, plus Card can coach. But losing his kid on the team is gonna be a bigger loss than some people think. He was the spark plug of that team, rebounded, played defense, got after a loose ball, etc. Not gonna be easy to replace him. I think top to bottom, they're the most talented in the region. I think Olson is the wild card on that team. If he can post up a bit more, be a presence underneath, OG could be nearly impossible to beat, as I think that's all they're truly missing to be an undefeated state champion. How teams adapt to Carter will be another X factor and how he responds, yet another.

Central Cass has talent, not sure how deep they'll be. Their top 5 will be athletic, maybe go 6-7. They're a bit inexperienced after that. Same as their girls, the boys have a new HC, it'll be interesting to see how Shauer runs the show.

Enderlin will be decent, they lost a lot of experience in Lindgren, Hurlburt is back and should be an all district type player and Calvin will have them ready.

Other than Springer, not sure how NC will be. But Springer is a nice player who's athletic, he could carry them into the regional tny.

Not real sure on the rest of the teams. But I believe these 4 will represent district 2.
irisheel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:46 pm

irisheel wrote:I think Olson is the wild card on that team. If he can post up a bit more, be a presence underneath, OG could be nearly impossible to beat

I think this is very astute. And Olson has a ton of ability, he has just been hampered by injuries so much. Hoping that is behind him and he can play at a high level consistently this year. If so, I don't see many teams in Region 1 (and maybe beyond) who will be able to play with them.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:21 pm

"I like Oak Grove's team overall, plus Card can coach. But losing his kid on the team is gonna be a bigger loss than some people think. He was the spark plug of that team, rebounded, played defense, got after a loose ball, etc. Not gonna be easy to replace him. I think top to bottom, they're the most talented in the region. I think Olson is the wild card on that team. If he can post up a bit more, be a presence underneath, OG could be nearly impossible to beat, as I think that's all they're truly missing to be an undefeated state champion. How teams adapt to Carter will be another X factor and how he responds, yet another. "

I agree. They'll miss Pommersberger's defence more than they realize, too.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby irisheel » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:02 pm

leroybla wrote:"I like Oak Grove's team overall, plus Card can coach. But losing his kid on the team is gonna be a bigger loss than some people think. He was the spark plug of that team, rebounded, played defense, got after a loose ball, etc. Not gonna be easy to replace him. I think top to bottom, they're the most talented in the region. I think Olson is the wild card on that team. If he can post up a bit more, be a presence underneath, OG could be nearly impossible to beat, as I think that's all they're truly missing to be an undefeated state champion. How teams adapt to Carter will be another X factor and how he responds, yet another. "

I agree. They'll miss Pommersberger's defence more than they realize, too.

I knew there was another guy they lost! Yes, I agree!!
irisheel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby irisheel » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:03 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
irisheel wrote:I think Olson is the wild card on that team. If he can post up a bit more, be a presence underneath, OG could be nearly impossible to beat

I think this is very astute. And Olson has a ton of ability, he has just been hampered by injuries so much. Hoping that is behind him and he can play at a high level consistently this year. If so, I don't see many teams in Region 1 (and maybe beyond) who will be able to play with them.

I agree! His knees haven't cooperated with him. He has loads of talent/potential, haven't seen much of it with those injuries.
irisheel
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys