Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:50 am

We will see who is the better team tomorrow between MNS and Enderlin....
My thoughts MNS wins by 12
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND-is-#1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Top two teams in the region meeting tonight in the BCT championship. M/NS looks pretty good. Hopefully the inconsistent Enderlin Eagles shows up to give them a game, which I think they will. I've got M/NS 63-58
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Double ot. Bulldogs win by 5. 82-77 the eagles shot lights out. The young Bye kid hit 6 threes in a row i believe. Must have had 22 or 24 and shot over 70 percent from behind the arc. Tough game clutch play from both sides. Top two in region for now. Cental cass and Northern Cass close behind.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Big game on Monday...
Central Cass at MNS Who's everyone got winning this game... I'll take MNS by 7
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND-is-#1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:03 am

Should be a great game! I've got M/NS 78-69
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby wan2bqb » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:23 am

M-NS has back to back to back games. Tonight they play FCT, tomorrow Sargent Central, then Monday they get Central Cass. Won't have any lead up to Mondays game and I don't expect the starters to be pressured that much this weekend. I expect M-NS to emerge Monday night 12-0. I think it will be a close game with Central Cass 72-63.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:04 am

wan2bqb wrote:M-NS has back to back to back games. Tonight they play FCT, tomorrow Sargent Central, then Monday they get Central Cass. Won't have any lead up to Mondays game and I don't expect the starters to be pressured that much this weekend. I expect M-NS to emerge Monday night 12-0. I think it will be a close game with Central Cass 72-63.

M/NS playing at home with a height and depth advantage should win by 15, I think. Merging two fully rostered teams that both appeared in the R1 tournament last year gives them that edge.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:13 pm

leroybla wrote:
wan2bqb wrote:M-NS has back to back to back games. Tonight they play FCT, tomorrow Sargent Central, then Monday they get Central Cass. Won't have any lead up to Mondays game and I don't expect the starters to be pressured that much this weekend. I expect M-NS to emerge Monday night 12-0. I think it will be a close game with Central Cass 72-63.

M/NS playing at home with a height and depth advantage should win by 15, I think. Merging two fully rostered teams that both appeared in the R1 tournament last year gives them that edge.

Pretty bold to predict a team ranked 4th in state to loose by 15 to someone ranked lower. Nearly all Class B teams have a full roster. A lot are filled with underclass men though. Central Cass has more students in their junior and senior classes than Milnor and North Sargent have in grades 9, 10, 11, & 12. Don't sell Central Cass short. They are a talented and well coached team.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby leroybla » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:34 pm

d_fense wrote:
leroybla wrote:

Pretty bold to predict a team ranked 4th in state to loose by 15 to someone ranked lower. Nearly all Class B teams have a full roster. A lot are filled with underclass men though. Central Cass has more students in their junior and senior classes than Milnor and North Sargent have in grades 9, 10, 11, & 12. Don't sell Central Cass short. They are a talented and well coached team.

I have commented twice before that CC is likely overrated, given their fairly weak schedule so far. About the comparative team depth, true, CC is larger than Milnor and NS, but both schools had full rosters with players with significant more varsity playing time. You can probably assume that all the M/NS starters were also starters last year, and probably several subs. Not so at CC, we can assume. And with Olsen in the middle and others, M/NS is likely taller.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:31 pm

I think this will be a tight battle into the 4th, will go with MNS by 7. MNS has great size and depth, it is true. But they also have one of the best players in the state, for my money in Jake Hanson. When things are tight late, the ball will be in his hands and he is more than likely to close it out.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:40 pm

EHS1998 wrote:I think this will be a tight battle into the 4th, will go with MNS by 7. MNS has great size and depth, it is true. But they also have one of the best players in the state, for my money in Jake Hanson. When things are tight late, the ball will be in his hands and he is more than likely to close it out.

Hanson vs. Bresnahan could be a great matchup.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:38 pm

d_fense wrote:
leroybla wrote:

Rankings mean nothing...BUT CC will be below M-NS in next week's poll with their loss to Linton.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:45 pm

I agree state poll doesn't mean anything. But, saying a one loss team, this deep into the season should lose by 15, is pretty bold.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:39 am

Run what is your take on this game? Who do you think is going to with this one?
15 is a bold prediction but i wouldn't be surprised.... If goolsbey can hold bresanhan too 20 MNS wins by 15
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:46 am

WEhaveAproblem wrote:Run what is your take on this game? Who do you think is going to with this one?
15 is a bold prediction but i wouldn't be surprised.... If goolsbey can hold bresanhan too 20 MNS wins by 15

I going to refrain from predicting...should be a good game!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:35 pm

My prediction: MNS wins a nail-biter in CC's gym. Bresnahan is going to have a big night & they will stay in it all the way. He'll end up getting 5+ steals. MNS will find a way - they have a very well-rounded team with Hanson leading the way. They go several kids deep and they are going to be a tough beat once the tournament season starts. I just don't see anyone winning this game by 10+ points.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:06 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:My prediction: MNS wins a nail-biter in CC's gym. Bresnahan is going to have a big night & they will stay in it all the way. He'll end up getting 5+ steals. MNS will find a way - they have a very well-rounded team with Hanson leading the way. They go several kids deep and they are going to be a tough beat once the tournament season starts. I just don't see anyone winning this game by 10+ points.

Problem is it is in NS's gym in Gwinner. I believe the difference maker will be Ryder Goolsbey, he will most likely guard Bresnahan for most of the night and be spelled by the aforementioned Mr. Hanson. It will allow Jake to play his normal solid defense and be fresh to take it after the CC defense. The other factor will be Olson and Kaufman on the inside on both ends of the court. I believe CC is a very talented team but will have to shoot above average from outside to win this one. I believe M-NS has more depth and can beat you more ways, inside, outside, and transition. I believe is close but down the stretch M-NS has too much fire power. M-NS by 7
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:23 pm

my bad, you are correct that it is a home game for MNS. Would definitely predict a MNS victory, but anything over 10 points is still a stretch. One player that doesn't get a lot of mention for MNS is the lefty Sakre. He's only a Junior, but he was the difference maker in that game and will be one of the better kids in Region 1 next year. He's got long arms, can get to the rim, and is very athletic.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Central cass 71 MNS 63
Worst officals I have seen in long time
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby leroybla » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:12 pm

Wow! I stand corrected.I expected much more from MNS, especially at home. I guess MNS isn't quite as good as billed. While I readily accept that ratings mean nothing, I still can't expect that CC is among the elite, though still quite good. Beating MNS is quite an accomplishment, IMO.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 pm

I must add that CC is very well coached, IMO.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:18 pm

Not blaming officials but when they talking joking with central cass people before game you know which way calls going to go
Plus mns best defender sitting out and not being able to guard Grady was big difference
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby leroybla » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:34 pm

WEhaveAproblem wrote:Not blaming officials but when they talking joking with central cass people before game you know which way calls going to go
Plus mns best defender sitting out and not being able to guard Grady was big difference

I wasn't there so I can't address your "not blaming". Which MNS player sat out and why?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 pm

That's a bit of a shocker. Was Goolsbey in foul trouble?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Goolsbey probably best defender maybe in region 1... got in foul trouble with couple questionable calls... Central Cass is very beatable
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys