Summer team camps 14

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Summer team camps 14

Postby Jack8 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am

Just wondering who looks good player and team wise for upcoming season?
Thanks for the input
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Re: Summer team camps 14

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 am

I will say that (even if some of the teams are the same, cause they will be) that the 2015 State Class B tournament will be even better than this past spring as a whole.

Why: because of the experience some of these players have been getting on the big stage at a young age

I dont like it at the alerus, although we aren't the ones on the floor and once the game starts its competitive...its just that the venue takes the crowd out of it per say because of the size of it
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoops247 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Watch several quality teams play in Rugby today - LaMoure, Oakes, Linton, Rugby, Hatton-Northwood, and Watford City. Watford City was without 3 of their starters so they were over-matched, but all the other teams definitely showed that they will all be capable of competing for their respective region titles.
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:13 am

hoops247 wrote:Watch several quality teams play in Rugby today - LaMoure, Oakes, Linton, Rugby, Hatton-Northwood, and Watford City. Watford City was without 3 of their starters so they were over-matched, but all the other teams definitely showed that they will all be capable of competing for their respective region titles.

Do you have any results from this and did any players stand out to you?
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoops247 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:47 am

Linton over WC by 20 plus
H-N over LaMoure by 5
Rugby over Oakes by 5
LaMoure over WC by 20 plus
Linton over Hatton-Northwood by 13
LaMoure over Rugby in 2 OT's
Oakes over WC by 20 plus
Rugby over Linton by 5
Oakes over Hatton-Northwood by 15 plus

I thought Rugby and LaMoure were the best teams. I'd take Oakes and Linton next. Hatton-Northwood will be a nice team, but I thought their win over LaMoure was a surprise/upset. I wasn't able to sit and watch a lot of the games since I was bouncing between the HS Gym and Armory (we had a boys and girls team camp going on at the same time).

Rugby - Zach Miller and Tanner Bernhardt of course.
LaMoure - Olson - Theilges
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:13 pm

hoops247 wrote:Linton over WC by 20 plus
H-N over LaMoure by 5
Rugby over Oakes by 5
LaMoure over WC by 20 plus
Linton over Hatton-Northwood by 13
LaMoure over Rugby in 2 OT's
Oakes over WC by 20 plus
Rugby over Linton by 5
Oakes over Hatton-Northwood by 15 plus

I thought Rugby and LaMoure were the best teams. I'd take Oakes and Linton next. Hatton-Northwood will be a nice team, but I thought their win over LaMoure was a surprise/upset. I wasn't able to sit and watch a lot of the games since I was bouncing between the HS Gym and Armory (we had a boys and girls team camp going on at the same time).

Rugby - Zach Miller and Tanner Bernhardt of course.
LaMoure - Olson - Theilges

I think I heard Rugby was without Heidlebaugh who is out with a foot injury.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Linton was without Purintun who was playing with the ECI Prospects in Milwaukee.

Their 6'8 transfer (Vetter?) wasn't there either.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:54 am

Anyone got details on the Northern State Team Camp that happened this past week. I know a few ND teams were there...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Jack8 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:53 am

Any info on upcoming team camps?
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Anyone got details on the Northern State Team Camp that happened this past week. I know a few ND teams were there...

I watched a very competitive and entertaining game between FWM and Minot. Minot won by 4 I think. #35 for FWM is a stud. There was definitely an intensity in this game not always seen in the summer.

Watched a pretty good game between Oak Grove and Heart River, it was tight until midway through the second half and OG pulled away. Heart River has a small, physical guard who gave Kretchman a bit of a battle for awhile. The core of Carter Kretchman, Isaac Olson and Christian Adams was ultimately too much for Heart River. Interesting note, HR had 3 teams at this camp, a total of 22 guys playing. Apparently they raised a ton of money for multiple team camps and also brought in Warwick and Nelson for in house camps this summer. Pretty big commitment for a smaller (but getting bigger) class B team. Awesome to see, I am envious.

Ellendale and Killdeer had a pretty good battle with Ellendale prevailing by 6. Ellendale lead for most of the game but it was competitive, with Killdeer making a late run. Not sure if Killdeer was at full strength but Ellendale was missing 4 guys who will be in the rotation, no idea if this would have changed the result at all. Some young guys got some good exposure. Ellendale has a ways to go to compete with the 2014-15 titans of Region 3 though.

Ellendale also knocked off a pretty good Eureka-Bowdle, SD team by 8-10 points in what apparently was their best overall team performance of the 2 days. Had some guys step up in this one that was very encouraging.

OG also beat a very good team from Chester, SD in a close game that came down to the end.

Didn't get to see Dickinson Trinity, Shiloh, Washburn, Hillsboro-CV, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood or Northern Cass but spoke to someone who watched Northern Cass and they apparently looked good. Springer is the real deal.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys