Region 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:29 am

InTheKnow wrote:District 4 is clearly the haves and have nots right now. The only real possibility for an upset is Drayton/ St Thomas. Definately not like it used to be a few years back when 6,7,and 8 had the chance to knock off 3 and 4.

IN--- M-M, PR, NB, Grafton

Out--- D/St T, FL, Cav, E/V
I dont know about D/ST having enough to pull some upsets like in 05 when they went to regionals.  last night they got beat 88-40 or something like that.  they just dont have enough size, speed, or talent outside of kennelly, littlejohn, and rost to make a serious run.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:20 pm

all it will take for drayton to shoot the ball well. They would have been the five seed but north border had to get cute and play their jv against fordville. I know it's a tradition but come on!
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:28 pm

our jv beat fordville this year the first time they played but it wasn't counted as a conference game.  they won that game by 15 and got beat by 5 the other night, I dont know why they had to play them twice if they weren't at least getting one point for the first game instead of no points for the first game and 2 for the second game.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:15 pm

yeah but why do you play your jv against them. yeah it's going to be ugly but come on don't take away their dignity. You can play your varsity the first quarter and get them out of there. you can still get your jv plenty of time. And why is mike smith on your jv? You have plenty of talent on the jv, i know its nice to get them some varsity time. i think cooter will hesitate before he plays fordville with his jv again.
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:22 pm

we've scheduled an extra game with stephen argyle every year and our jv is good enough to beat fordville, they already had done it once.  its the same situation linton was in with their jv, like i said before at the top of this district the 4 teams are so evenly matched this really isn't going to have much of an effect on the outcome. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:32 pm

I think NB would top MPCG in the region championship IF both of the teams get to the championship. I think Grafton's gonna be headed to state this year, but if it came down to NB and MPCG, I think NB would win.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:31 am

I think the regionis too even to tell. but grafton lacks expierence in big games. North Border has coaching and expierence but no x factor. No stand out player. So not even looking at what team gets hot i think mpcg might have a slight edge over north border.
PA42

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:38 am

For sure whoever makes it to state ouf this region is going to deffinetly be touney tested.  Both districts and the regions are going to be wars with good good games..i would like to know how and why the southern district does there district tourney they dont do tourney style its kinda a round robin style if im correct.  The north district does win 2 before you lose 2
toughregion2

Postby thundastruck. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:56 am

i would like to see these western teams in region 2.  i guarantee that the bakkum, and the packineus would not be averaging what they are putting up.  they do play defense in region 2 and there is only a few weak teams to beat up on and put up some bigger numbers.
thundastruck.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:13 am

the only difference in district 3 from district 4 is that they don't play a third place game.  they have the two regional qualifiers and the team that had the higher seed coming into the tournament gets the 3rd and team with the lower seed that wins gets 4th.  I dont really like that becuase the third/fourth place game of districts in district 4 is usually one of the more competive games in the whole tournament.  last year the cavalier/valley-edinburg game was an overtime game and one of the most fun games i've ever watched. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rkmt » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:55 am

SCC wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:the only difference in district 3 from district 4 is that they don't play a third place game.  they have the two regional qualifiers and the team that had the higher seed coming into the tournament gets the 3rd and team with the lower seed that wins gets 4th.  I dont really like that becuase the third/fourth place game of districts in district 4 is usually one of the more competive games in the whole tournament.  last year the cavalier/valley-edinburg game was an overtime game and one of the most fun games i've ever watched. 

I also prefer the way it's done in district 4, but only because I don't like the double-elimination format.  If a 1 or 2 seed loses to an 8 or 7 seed in the first round, there shouldn't be that extra cushion.  It's something district 3 has done for a few years now.

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but I think district 4 is double elimination too.  They play consolation semi-finals and then cross brackets and play the 2 region qualifier games one night, and then bring the winners of those games back the next night to play for the 3rd and 4th seeds instead of assigning them by how they entered the tournament like district 3 does.  It's just another night as district 3 plays the 2 region qualifier games and then the championship on the same night.   Girls is like that anyway, so I would assume boys follows the same format.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:15 pm

North Border got a 1 point win 107-48 over Cavalier
toughregion2

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Last week of regular season basketball is underway.  Crucial week for many teams to decide seeding going into district tournaments.  As for district 3 May Port CG has a huge week to decide their destiny in the district tournament.  They play Dakota Prairie on Thursday and Larimore on Saturday.  If they beat Dakota Prairie and Larimore they lock up the #1 seed.  If Dakota Priarie beats MPCG they lock it up.  And along down the line will be determined with the outcome of those 2 games.  Thompson I think has wrapped up the 5th seed for sure.  I dont think they can fall any lower or go any higher.  And the same with Griggs County, I think they wrapped up with #8 seed but other than those 2 the other 6 spots aren't for sure yet.  As for District 4, Midway-Minto will be sitting in the #1 spot, I believe and then with Grafton, Park River, and North Border following closely behind. 
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:18 pm

M-M is number 1, grafton is number 2, the winner of thursdays nb/pr matchup is number 3... The semifinal night in both districts is going to be one good night of basketball.  This is all just build up for the most competitive top to bottom region tournament in the state this year IMO
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:27 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:M-M is number 1, grafton is number 2, the winner of thursdays nb/pr matchup is number 3... The semifinal night in both districts is going to be one good night of basketball.  This is all just build up for the most competitive top to bottom region tournament in the state this year IMO

There is not going to be one team in that Regional tournament that seriously doesn't have a prayer at going to state.  Whichever team brings their best game all 3 nights will be heading out to Bismarck.  I can't wait and having it played in the Betty gets it even more exciting as that place is amazing to play at.  Can't wait to watch 3 exciting nights of basketball!
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:34 pm

the betty was fun to play in but seemed to take away the class b atmosphere.  even though the place had a ton of people last year it still seemed like it was only half full, its too big to really be able to get the crowd involved and just kinda took away from the tournament
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby spud84 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:18 am

Does Grafton have the number 2 post in the bag or is there a chance Park River could move up to number 2 if they win over North Border? I not that familiar with how rankings are determined so if anybody can offer some clairty that would be great.
spud84

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:02 am

spud84 wrote:Does Grafton have the number 2 post in the bag or is there a chance Park River could move up to number 2 if they win over North Border? I not that familiar with how rankings are determined so if anybody can offer some clairty that would be great.

I think since grafton won the head to head match up they will get that as a tie breaker
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Thunder66 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:12 pm

the only thing i don't like about the Betty is that the students have to sit behind the baskets, it seems like they too far away from the game, i liked in mayville when the students were right on top of the game

but playing there is second to none (although i've never played in a state tournament)
Last edited by Thunder66 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder66

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:20 pm

I am just counting down the days until the region tournament starts.  I have a feeling that this will be the most competitive that the region has been in a long time.  No clear favorites, all 8 teams having a legit shot to win it.  Can hardly wait!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball06 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:33 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
spud84 wrote:Does Grafton have the number 2 post in the bag or is there a chance Park River could move up to number 2 if they win over North Border? I not that familiar with how rankings are determined so if anybody can offer some clairty that would be great.

I think since grafton won the head to head match up they will get that as a tie breaker

grafton takes the 2 spot with a win over dst on thurs. if grafton loses and pr defeats nb, pr takes the 2 spot
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Aggie_fan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:41 am

Park River and Grafton split this year. The first game PR won by 3 and the last game Grafton won by 2. If they end in a tie for the year I believe they toss a coin to determine the order.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:51 am

Aggie_fan wrote:Park River and Grafton split this year. The first game PR won by 3 and the last game Grafton won by 2. If they end in a tie for the year I believe they toss a coin to determine the order.

ok i thought they only had one game which was the game grafton won. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm not sure what time who plays who but the matchups are:

Park River vs. Thompson

North Border vs. Hatton-Northwood

Grafton vs. May-Port CG

Midway-Minto vs. Larimore

should be one fun day of basketball
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys