Region 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSUBison » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:58 am

Region 2 has sent some pretty good teams to state since 2001, most of these teams finishing fourth or higher at the tourney. I know the question has been asked before, but i wanted to create a seperate topic. Who do you think is the best team in that Region? What team has the Region's top player? What district will get represented at state from this Region?
Last edited by NDSUBison on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDSUBison

Postby Duce » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:43 pm

Well, that is a lot of questions asked in one topic :) I think Thompson will come out of region 2 simply becouse they have 3 players who are college bound in my opionon. Hegg led North dakota basketball in threes last season. Nelson is a great guard who can play great defense, and Myron will have a breakout year upping the 10pts/8brds from last year. Mayville is going to be VERY tough...i heard Lorenz worked on his game all summer. Lorenz is probably not the best player...but he is simply the best defender in the state. His long arms would be a pain to play against. Hatton-Northwood and Mid-Way Minto will be the other competative teams in Region 2. It should be a great exciting year of basketball for Eastern ND. :)
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:11 pm

my preseason pick would be midway-minto. they are very good basketball team. the only major loss from last season was their point guard and leader tommy sitzer. if they replace him, i think they will make a run in the state tournament.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSUBison » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:21 am

I've heard North Border has got some talent too. They lost six seniors from last years Region runner up, but they had a "B" squad team that didn't lose a game and they have a pretty good coach in Cooter. Does anybody see them going very far in the Region?
NDSUBison

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:56 am

cubsfan wrote:my preseason pick would be midway-minto. they are very good basketball team. the only major loss from last season was their point guard and leader tommy sitzer. if they replace him, i think they will make a run in the state tournament.

thats a very hard loss then... your point guard and leader.....i dont see how a team can be a favorite after losing that.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby spoilers23 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:44 pm

take 3 teams from each district (mayport, hatton-northwood, thompson, midway-minto, grafton, and north border) throw them in a hat pull one out and thats just as good of a prediction you can make in region 2
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:54 pm

For not having a game played yet I'm gonna say either Thompson, Mayville, or Hatton/Northwood win the Region. District 4 usually isn't as good as 3 usually every few years a North Border or a Cavalier will have a pretty good team and will make a run. I just don't see that happening this year in district 4.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Duce » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:00 pm

spoilers23 wrote:take 3 teams from each district (mayport, hatton-northwood, thompson, midway-minto, grafton, and north border) throw them in a hat pull one out and thats just as good of a prediction you can make in region 2

wow, its easy to tel your from grafton sticking up for you team like that. They are weak compared to Midway-Minto, Mayville, Thompson, and Hatton-Northwood
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:22 pm

Duce wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:take 3 teams from each district (mayport, hatton-northwood, thompson, midway-minto, grafton, and north border) throw them in a hat pull one out and thats just as good of a prediction you can make in region 2

wow, its easy to tel your from grafton sticking up for you team like that. They are weak compared to Midway-Minto, Mayville, Thompson, and Hatton-Northwood

way to catch that...maybe the name helped?? weak? beat midway minto last year and the senior they lost will hurt more than ours....had thompson beat until we got t'd up and went into OT even when they were lights out from behind the arc...yeah we're weak, we play 3 out of those 4 teams in the regular season and you'll see just how weak we are
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUBison » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:01 am

Boy, Spoiler23 sure seems to think alot about his team. I got a question for you though. What was your record last year?
NDSUBison

Postby spoilers23 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:20 am

we were 5-15, last years record shows little if anything.....for example cavalier was 14-10 last year but theyd be lucky to crack the top 5 in the district this year....we were with every team til the game was over and lost less than any other team in the district
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:29 am

5-15 still wont get a pick to win a region let alone a district if they return all 5 starters still.  Tappen has had the same starting 5 for the last 4 years basically and year after year they were still picked to finish last in the district. how many kids you return doesnt mean anything, they have to be good to mean something.  and im guessing the players that all the other teams lose arent good enough to cause a team that should win the region to go 5-15. IMO if your team is as good as you say you are, you woulda had more then 5 wins last year....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:49 am

baseball wrote:5-15 still wont get a pick to win a region let alone a district if they return all 5 starters still.  Tappen has had the same starting 5 for the last 4 years basically and year after year they were still picked to finish last in the district. how many kids you return doesnt mean anything, they have to be good to mean something.  and im guessing the players that all the other teams lose arent good enough to cause a team that should win the region to go 5-15. IMO if your team is as good as you say you are, you woulda had more then 5 wins last year....

i'm giving tappen the nod over edgeley this year. of course neither team has played a game since last year and my opinion could be changed quickly, but right now tappen has a go-to scorer in barnick while edgeley's best player last year will be scoring points for lamoure.
rep

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:54 am

rep wrote:i'm giving tappen the nod over edgeley this year. of course neither team has played a game since last year and my opinion could be changed quickly, but right now tappen has a go-to scorer in barnick while edgeley's best player last year will be scoring points for lamoure.

i agree with that. Tappen had some good young talent. I don't remember anyone from Edgely lastyear, except Brandonburg..
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:51 am

Tappen lost perry anderson along with the Stroh brothers to Steele.....no way Tappen is ahead of Edgely even without Brandenburg....who is tappen's #2  Kip Haddam??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:57 am

I'm guessing Cavalier and St. Thomas will be playing in the toilet bowl in district 4 this season. Grafton COULD be top 4 in the district, but will see what happens.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby spoilers23 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:03 pm

baseball wrote:5-15 still wont get a pick to win a region let alone a district if they return all 5 starters still.  Tappen has had the same starting 5 for the last 4 years basically and year after year they were still picked to finish last in the district. how many kids you return doesnt mean anything, they have to be good to mean something.  and im guessing the players that all the other teams lose arent good enough to cause a team that should win the region to go 5-15. IMO if your team is as good as you say you are, you woulda had more then 5 wins last year....

im not saying pick us to win the region.....im just sayin nobody should call us weak compared to a team we beat last year, especially if they dont know anything about us
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:21 pm

baseball wrote:Tappen lost perry anderson along with the Stroh brothers to Steele.....no way Tappen is ahead of Edgely even without Brandenburg....who is tappen's #2  Kip Haddam??

that is the first i've heard of the stroh's going to steele...yeah...tappen might be in for a long year. the strohs provided decent minutes in the post for the comets if i remember right.

really kip haddam is like the only other tappen player i know of...i think there is some middleiders (i'm probably slaughtering the spelling of that one) that played last year.

of course, the only other edgeley player i can think of from last year's team is clint boom and he is graduated...
rep

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:28 pm

Yeah i didn't hear the Stroh brotheres were going to Steele either. Does anyone know anyone Edgely has coming back?
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:17 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:Yeah i didn't hear the Stroh brotheres were going to Steele either. Does anyone know anyone Edgely has coming back?

Nobody, They didn't make districts with Brandenburg.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:37 pm

one guy Edgeley brings back is Edwards, but he can't carry a team. He's more of a role player in my eyes.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:06 am

Are Edgley, Steele, and Tappen in Region 2 now?? I didn't know that.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby OldmanBBall » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:59 pm

ndfan wrote:Are Edgley, Steele, and Tappen in Region 2 now?? I didn't know that.

No, they are all in Region 3...Edgley and Tappen-District 5 Steele-District 6?
OldmanBBall

Postby C dock » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:38 pm

MPCG will have an awesome year.  Region 2 will be outstanding, the whole state knows that Region to is the best and toughest
C dock
NDPreps Rookie

Postby PA42 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:01 pm

district 3 is going to be tight. thompson has a lot back, lorenz leads mpcg, the wolds will make the thunder competitive, curt herman will have dp playing good ball and sam hager and daniel ferdon are great athletes for larimore.
district 4 is much of the same.  i  like midway minto but north border has size and some expierence  as well does grafton and most college coaches in the area want justin moe from park river.
PA42

Next

Return to Boys