Region 2 @ the Betty

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2 @ the Betty

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Monday, February 24th
G1: D3#1 Hillsboro-Central Valley (16-6) vs. D4#4 North Border (9-12) had Severtson not gotten hurt NB wins this one...they still keep it close
G2: D4#2 Grafton (14-7) vs. D3#3 Hatton-Northwood (17-5)...H-N pulls off a squeaker
G3: D4#1 Cavalier (20-1) vs. D3#4 Thompson (7-15)
G4: D3#2 May-Port-CG (13-9) vs. D4#3 Park River-FL (11-11) PR-FL runs em down

:)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Region 2 @ the Betty

Postby panthercub » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:50 pm

H-CV
H-N
Cav
M-P-C-G
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 pm

H-CV
Grafton
Cavalier
MPCG
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 am

Region 2
Grafton & Hillsboro-Central Valley never played
Cavalier & May-Port-CG never played

??
shine some light guru's .. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:56 am

Grafton-HCV should be a good game. HCV has a few nice perimeter players. If they can defend the post and rebound they can win this game. That being said, I feel Grafton has a more rounded team, inside and out. Should be a good one, but I have Grafton by about 5. Could go either way though, in particular if HCV shoots its well. I think Cavalier wins by 15+. They just have too much talent.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:Grafton-HCV should be a good game. HCV has a few nice perimeter players. If they can defend the post and rebound they can win this game. That being said, I feel Grafton has a more rounded team, inside and out. Should be a good one, but I have Grafton by about 5. Could go either way though, in particular if HCV shoots its well. I think Cavalier wins by 15+. They just have too much talent.

good analogy on the Graf-HCV game
hard to believe all these teams haven't played...I guess they will be playing next season at least once for sure
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm

I see that these games are being webcast. Do you have to pay the usual fee for this, or is it free since you are using the NDHSAA official web-streaming portal?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:Grafton-HCV should be a good game. HCV has a few nice perimeter players. If they can defend the post and rebound they can win this game. That being said, I feel Grafton has a more rounded team, inside and out. Should be a good one, but I have Grafton by about 5. Could go either way though, in particular if HCV shoots its well. I think Cavalier wins by 15+. They just have too much talent.

You couldn't have been more right on........so now Friday...hehe.. :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:11 pm

winner-within wrote:

Wow gotta feel for HCV....anit-aircraft shot from the hip does them in. They had their chances. Pretty even teams. I gotta think Cavalier will finish off the year sweep on Grafton. I think Grafton will play them, I just think Cavalier has too much raw talent and ability, too many athletes. I'll say Cavalier by 10.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:12 pm

And I think Cavalier will represent the region nicely this year. I don't see them winning it all, but depending on seeding, etc, I'd expect them in the night bracket.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Wow gotta feel for HCV....anit-aircraft shot from the hip does them in. They had their chances. Pretty even teams. I gotta think Cavalier will finish off the year sweep on Grafton. I think Grafton will play them, I just think Cavalier has too much raw talent and ability, too many athletes. I'll say Cavalier by 10.

Unreal, although Baldwin can shoot....yes HCV had their chances

I remember in 2011 when Cavalier had a good team and they won 2 times and Grafton won 2 times...the last 2 the 2 that counted, Districts and Regions...full box and chase on Brady Robbins (that was the thing that year) and stall...sometimes for up to 3 mins...the shot clock has changed the game...many times last night MPCG was up against it....this helps Cavalier in any game IMO....should be good atmosphere, I think the attendance has been down though...cold weather? It is what it is.. :D .Play On!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:32 am

I have a question winner, who do you think is the best cavalier team in the last 15 years--the 04 team/10 team or last year-this years group? I say 04.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:50 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:I have a question winner, who do you think is the best cavalier team in the last 15 years--the 04 team/10 team or last year-this years group? I say 04.

I always thought it was the 10-11 team, this team would beat them (dog fight though)...... last season was developmental for this group (including coaches) and I like the point guard more this year than last season (no disrespect) the 04 team was not as balanced as 10-11 or 12-13 & 13-14 is but it had fire power with Trenbeath and Anderson...

I have to go with this year.. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

winner-within wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:I have a question winner, who do you think is the best cavalier team in the last 15 years--the 04 team/10 team or last year-this years group? I say 04.

I always thought it was the 10-11 team, this team would beat them...... last season was developmental for this group (including coaches) and I like the point guard more this year than last season (no disrespect) the 04 team was not as balanced as 10-11 or 12-13 & 13-14 is but it had fire power with Trenbeath and Anderson...

I thought trenbeath and Anderson set the 04 crew apart... Plus the pt they had that year was a good player (also Anderson I believe).
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:15 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I always thought it was the 10-11 team, this team would beat them...... last season was developmental for this group (including coaches) and I like the point guard more this year than last season (no disrespect) the 04 team was not as balanced as 10-11 or 12-13 & 13-14 is but it had fire power with Trenbeath and Anderson...

I thought trenbeath and Anderson set the 04 crew apart... Plus the pt they had that year was a good player (also Anderson I believe).

they were tough, and I was referring to Anderson (older one) as the combo...young Anderson was sorta just getting going, Trenbeath made the big comeback (they were beat) in the region semis at Mayville...the total Region was more competitive as a whole..

taking away from nobody or no team (because the talent has been there) this team is the most conditioned and well rounded along with tight tight D..IMHO... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:34 pm

7 out of 8 regions decided tonight...Region 2 has to wait one more day....Off to the District 4 girls games............... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Well so far Grafton has had no answer for Cavalier's relentless pressure.

I can see why no one touched these kids in football...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 pm

It must be the webcast.. the Cav kids look like they all are 6'2 195 and in shape
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:14 am

justplayalready wrote:It must be the webcast.. the Cav kids look like they all are 6'2 195 and in shape

in shape for sure.. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys