Road to State

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Road to State

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:34 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on who has the toughest road and also the least toughest road to the State B?
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Road to State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Ordered from toughest to easiest IMO

Region 6 - Best & Toughest Region. Solid games every night.
Region 7 - should be a fun super regional...4 solid teams
Region 3 - most balanced region...solid games each night (especially starting in the semis)
Region 1 - Milnor will be pushed by all District 2 teams
Region 4 - 3 solid teams and as we saw in districts an upset could happen
Region 8 - 3 team race but New Town is favorite
Region 2 - probably the 2nd easiest region...but teams are starting to keep games close with Cavalier
Region 5 - two team race between Flasher & Shiloh
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:24 pm

I don't see anyone else but FWM coming out of Region 4. St. John played poorly at districts, but they could get back on track this week and have a good tournament. I could also see them getting bounced by NRS in the first round as they have been playing well lately. Northstar is always up there, but with their lack of depth I can't see them upsetting the Indians especially with the easy road FWM has to the championship.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:31 am

Region 6 - clearly the best region in the state. 4 great teams and 4 good teams. Rugby and DLB will be pushed, but I believe it'll be Rugby over DLB in the ship.
Region 3 - This will be the most interesting region tourney as many teams have a shot at making it to the "B" this year. I'd say Lamoure is the favorite right now.
Region 1 - This will be a very interesting tourney as well... As the #2 and #3 ranked teams in the state are on the same side of the bracket. Milnor is probably the favorite followed by (in order) Oak Grove, Kindred, and Enderlin.
Region 7 - 4 team race.. Don't really see any upsets in the making in this region. I don't think there is a clear favorite.
Region 4 - don't know much about this region...
Region 8 - New Town is the favorite. There are a couple teams who could upset them though.
Region 5 - Shiloh and Flasher.
Region 2 - definitely the easiest region. Cavalier won't really be challenged. There are a few teams like Grafton that could give them a scare, but Cavalier will take the region.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Region 6- Loaded with 5 solid teams. One or two great state teams will be left behind here. Bad deal kinda.
Region 1- Milnor, Oak Grove, Kindred
Region 4- Four Winds, St. John, North Star, NR
Region 7- Beulah, Trinity, (New England??) Beulahs tough in post season games always mentally ready. Trinity at home court and coached well for region play.
Region 3-Linton, (Lamoure ?) I take Linton.
Region 5- Shiloh (Flasher ?) Shiloh takes over in post season games.
Region 2- Cavalier should handle it.
Region 8- New Town could roll thru.
Its too bad some regions have a few state bound worthy teams that wont make it but some fun region play to watch. High school basketball ya never know who will show up to finish it out.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys