Region 6 hoops

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 6 hoops

Postby Footballlife4me » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:19 am

What's going to happen? There are some teams such as TGU for example that are stepping up their game and then there are also teams like DLB and Rugby who don't seem to have that big fire in them. What's the projections?
Footballlife4me
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 6 hoops

Postby ND-is-#1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:36 am

There is already a topic "region 6" on this page..
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby MTfan4life » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 am

Footballlife4me wrote:What's going to happen? There are some teams such as TGU for example that are stepping up their game and then there are also teams like DLB and Rugby who don't seem to have that big fire in them. What's the projections?

It's not too often you see a team win 21 of their 22 games by double digits and still have someone saying they don't have that big fire in them. I'm confused why one would mention them that way. Should they be winning games by triple digits to show fire?

Although, it is interesting to note that Rugby's one single digit game on the season came against the team they will face in the first round of next week's regionals.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Footballlife4me » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:58 am

The only reason I said that rugby is having that big fire is because of how the dunseith game went. Maybe I'm wrong about that but honestly dunseith could've won that game from what I've heard. Rugbys a great team don't get me wrong
Footballlife4me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndclassbb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:02 pm

I saw the Rugby/Dunseith game...Dunseith is a good team so I'm not taking anything away from them by saying the following...absolutely everything they were hoisting up was going in (very hot shooting...they shot 75 percent in the first quarter and a very high percentage in the second also; most of which were 3 pointers).
Rugby couldn't seem to buy a basket well into the first half (very cold shooting which isn't characteristic of the team).
Rugby came out in the 3rd quarter and rallied to make 30 points in just that quarter. Dunseith's shooting cooled off a bit the 2nd half.
Just goes to show that not even the top-rated teams are a shoe-in in any game... at tournament time or any other time.
ndclassbb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:04 pm

hmmm, I wonder who said that.. :)

actually the majority knows this, this is why with the super region in 2 & 7 teams have/will have to be more prepared for the "Tournament" the only tournament prior to State .....

I saw the same thing in Grafton (dist 4) last night...NB came out hot and Cavalier came out flat (so to speak) although Cooter always has his boys ready year in and year out...Evenson (spelling) for NB was hot hot hot...then he screws up (IMO) when he decides to take out Chrest on a lay up, and gets an intentional and hurts his, Yep, right wrist (and hes right handed) ........... now hes done for the night..hopefully he gets to play Monday but It wont be the same if his wrist is tight...he can stroke it....and with Volk on the floor you can never count them out..

play on!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:06 pm

REGION 6
@ Minot State Dome
February 24, 25 & 27

Monday, February 24th
G1: D11#1 Rugby (22-0) vs. D12#4 Bishop Ryan (15-7)
G2: D12#2 Lewis & Clark-Berthold (19-3) vs. D11#3 Drake-Anamoose (17-5)
G3: D12#1 Des Lacs-Burlington (20-2) vs. D11#4 Dunseith (13-9)
G4: D11#2 TGU (12-10) vs. D12#3 Our Redeemer's (18-4)

Tuesday, February 25th
G5: Winner G1 vs. Winner G2
G6: Winner G3 vs. Winner G4

Thursday, February 27th
3rd Place: Loser G5 vs. Loser G6
Championship: Winner G5 vs. Winner G6

No predictions on this as of yet????

Two team Region, Rugby or DLB comes out of it...I don't think they decide it head to head tho :mrgreen:
I think game one, day one writes the final outcome
I'm taking:
Ryan beats Rugby...opens the door for DLB over LCB in championship.

(If Rugby gets by Ryan...Rugby beats ORCS in Championship)
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Rugby
L&C-Berthold
DL-B
Our Redeemer's

Rugby
DL-B

3rd: L&C-Berthold over Our Redeemer's
Championship: DL-B over Rugby (the slight upset...lower scoring but DL-B by 2)
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby yellowjacket » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 pm

I like DLB. I think it is their year. The supporting cast is stepping up and I think coach Wagner finds a way to get it done. They are due!!
yellowjacket
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Blackheart » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:00 am

DLB needs to step up their D. You can't always try to outscore everyone, the teams are just too good.
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:05 pm

It will be a 3 team district 12 semifinal round in the Region 6 tournament at the MSU dome on Tuesday. Game 1-Rugby -v- Berthold and Game 2-DLB -vs- ORCS. Should be an excellent night of action!!

GO LAKERS!!
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Anyone know Heidlebaugh's status? It would be a shame if he wasn't able to play Thursday.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Blackheart » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:39 am

BB11 wrote:Anyone know Heidlebaugh's status? It would be a shame if he wasn't able to play Thursday.

What happened to him?
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 am

I heard that he hurt his knee near the end of the game. I have no idea if this is true or not, that's why I am wondering if anyone knows. I don't want to start a rumor whatsoever - so if it is totally false, I just wish to confirm for myself and anyone else that heard that.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoops247 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 am

Pretty sure Heidlebaugh's injury was just a cramp.
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:06 am

That's good to hear. Thank you.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby defense1st » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:01 am

Setup game for Rugby on Thursday. They beat DLB by 24 last time and could be coming in with that on their minds. As much as coach tells them that this will be different they will still remember it. Confidence is good, but don't be over confidant. This is the hardest game they will play all year. After this the pressure is off.

I'm taking DLB in a squeaker. 63-60.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby uspsrt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:13 pm

defense1st wrote:Setup game for Rugby on Thursday. They beat DLB by 24 last time and could be coming in with that on their minds. As much as coach tells them that this will be different they will still remember it. Confidence is good, but don't be over confidant. This is the hardest game they will play all year. After this the pressure is off.

I looked back through records on the Rugby school site and they have actually beaten DLB the last five times they have played. All five losses have been by double figures. Rugby has beaten every team they have played this year by double figures. That being said I don't think they will come in overconfident. I've seen both of these teams play on numerous occasions this past season and I don't think that either are playing as well as they have earlier in the year and it appears that both of them are a little banged up. I think it will come down who plays the best defense and whether or not the guys in stripes let them play or call the game closely. The only prediction I am making is that I'm going to get there early and hope for an enjoyable evening of exceptional basketball between two great teams. Good luck to DLB and Rugby!
uspsrt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:59 pm

uspsrt wrote:
defense1st wrote:Setup game for Rugby on Thursday. They beat DLB by 24 last time and could be coming in with that on their minds. As much as coach tells them that this will be different they will still remember it. Confidence is good, but don't be over confidant. This is the hardest game they will play all year. After this the pressure is off.

I looked back through records on the Rugby school site and they have actually beaten DLB the last five times they have played. All five losses have been by double figures. Rugby has beaten every team they have played this year by double figures. That being said I don't think they will come in overconfident. I've seen both of these teams play on numerous occasions this past season and I don't think that either are playing as well as they have earlier in the year and it appears that both of them are a little banged up. I think it will come down who plays the best defense and whether or not the guys in stripes let them play or call the game closely. The only prediction I am making is that I'm going to get there early and hope for an enjoyable evening of exceptional basketball between two great teams. Good luck to DLB and Rugby!

I expect Rugby to win but they do a at least one win by less then double figures ( bishop ryan by 8 points regular season)
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndclassbb » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 am

Panthers are still on the prowl...Congrats boys-those of us who are familiar with your play knew that you could do it!!! The panthers put the T in teamwork!
To the Lakers credit, it was a battle and congratulations on a very successful season to a very good team. :)
ndclassbb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 am

Agreed - very exciting game last night. Rugby will be a great representative for Region 6. Good luck to the Panthers in the state tournament.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:27 am

I have to think after watching that game that an argument could be made for those being the two best teams in the state. I'm not saying that definitively, but I think the argument could be made. I also think an argument could be made for Heidlbaugh being the best player in the state.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:20 am

Indy5 wrote:I have to think after watching that game that an argument could be made for those being the [b]two best teams in the state[/b]. I'm not saying that definitively, but I think the argument could be made. I also think an argument could be made for Heidlbaugh being the best player in the state.

every year
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:48 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I have to think after watching that game that an argument could be made for those being the [b]two best teams in the state[/b]. I'm not saying that definitively, but I think the argument could be made. I also think an argument could be made for Heidlbaugh being the best player in the state.

every year

Just saying. #1 vs #7. Both went perfect in a brutal region (DLB only losing to Rugby). Both beat North Star without a lot of problem if I remember correctly. Both were the only two to beat Four Winds, #4 in the state. Both probably have another signature win or two that I'm forgetting but that game was impressive Thursday night.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't know if I'd say DLB beat North Star without a lot of problem. NS was ahead by 3 going in to the fourth quarter, ended up losing by 6 on DLB home court.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys