Holte or Heidlebaugh?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Holte or Heidlebaugh?

Postby bsoldiergirl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Which player would you rather have on your team? Holte (DLB) or Heidlebaugh (Rugby)
Last edited by bsoldiergirl on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Player In Region 6

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 am

bsoldiergirl wrote:Who do you believe is the best player in Region 6? Holte (DLB) or Heidlebaugh (Rugby) Why :?: Why Not :?:

This exact topic has already been discussed....its still on the front page of threads
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndclassbb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:35 am

Heidlebaugh, hands down. No further discussion necessary...
ndclassbb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bsoldiergirl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:50 am

packers21 wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:Who do you believe is the best player in Region 6? Holte (DLB) or Heidlebaugh (Rugby) Why :?: Why Not :?:

This exact topic has already been discussed....its still on the front page of threads

Sorry, I should have looked closer!! :? :)
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Re: Holte or Heidlebaugh?

Postby End90 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Heidlebaugh
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Heidlebaugh!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bsoldiergirl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:12 pm

For me, it would depend on the rest of my team. Both Holte and Heidlebaugh play very different roles for their teams. Heidlebaugh has played many different roles, he is very versatile. Holte, however, has the advantage in that he doesn't need to bring down the ball, stand at the perimeter and set up plays or distribute the ball. He is able to constantly improve on the position he plays and dominate under the basket. He can also shoot a high percentage at the 3 point line, as does Heidlebaugh. If I had a support team, I would defiantly pick Holte and let him dominate under the basket. If I needed a more versatile player to play more roles, I would absolutely pick Heidlebaugh! I think both players are extremely talented and belong on the first team all state. They are both extremely talented and valuable to their teams in the roles they play!
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:57 pm

bsoldiergirl wrote:For me, it would depend on the rest of my team. Both Holte and Heidlebaugh play very different roles for their teams. Heidlebaugh has played many different roles, he is very versatile. Holte, however, has the advantage in that he doesn't need to bring down the ball, stand at the perimeter and set up plays or distribute the ball. He is able to constantly improve on the position he plays and dominate under the basket. He can also shoot a high percentage at the 3 point line, as does Heidlebaugh. If I had a support team, I would defiantly pick Holte and let him dominate under the basket. If I needed a more versatile player to play more roles, I would absolutely pick Heidlebaugh! I think both players are extremely talented and belong on the first team all state. They are both extremely talented and valuable to their teams in the roles they play!

I think in either situation, it's still Heidlebaugh. Yes, Tanner is a very good player. But in the scenario you picked Holte, you said you would let him dominate under the basket. If both of them spent all game, every game just under the basket and getting post touches....it's still got to be Heidlebaugh. IMO he finishes better at the rim.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Also, Heidlebaugh doesn't have to bring the ball down the court. He just does sometimes because he has the ability to. I'm not saying that Tanner doesn't, but when Brad does, it's mostly in transition or when they're running an offense that looks like they get everyone touches. It doesn't hurt because he has above average floor vision and passing ability.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby hsfootballfan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:44 pm

Sticks11 wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:For me, it would depend on the rest of my team. Both Holte and Heidlebaugh play very different roles for their teams. Heidlebaugh has played many different roles, he is very versatile. Holte, however, has the advantage in that he doesn't need to bring down the ball, stand at the perimeter and set up plays or distribute the ball. He is able to constantly improve on the position he plays and dominate under the basket. He can also shoot a high percentage at the 3 point line, as does Heidlebaugh. If I had a support team, I would defiantly pick Holte and let him dominate under the basket. If I needed a more versatile player to play more roles, I would absolutely pick Heidlebaugh! I think both players are extremely talented and belong on the first team all state. They are both extremely talented and valuable to their teams in the roles they play!

I think in either situation, it's still Heidlebaugh. Yes, Tanner is a very good player. But in the scenario you picked Holte, you said you would let him dominate under the basket. If both of them spent all game, every game just under the basket and getting post touches....it's still got to be Heidlebaugh. IMO he finishes better at the rim.

When Holte gets someone smaller than him, he dominates under the basket. Someone with equal size and strength, he is a totally different player. Watching him play, I think he would rather play on the wing rather than in the post.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby classB4ever » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:14 pm

I think they have similar styles. Holte may be a little more powerful in the block, but Heidlebaugh has beefed up and has a quick block move. IMO, one thing that has separated their games this year, is Heidlebaugh has "elevated" his game from last year (pun intended). Meaning, he seems to be playing above the rim and finishing above the rim, more so then Holte. Both good players and good basketball builds. Each should do well when they go to the next level.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sniper » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Heidlebaugh
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby herdfan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:56 am

Holte played a different role than Heidlebaugh on the court .Rugbys coach put the ball in Heidlebaughs hands each time down the court wether its bringing the ball or the ball being passed to him .That didn't happen to Holte , there were many times he maybe got the ball 6-8 times in a half .I'm not going to say who's better , but if Holte gets the touches Heidlebaugh does , Holte puts up a lot bigger numbers per game.
herdfan
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys