JV Teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

JV Teams

Postby The12thMan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Anybody seen any good JV teams this year just wondering about the future. I saw the Oak Grove Milnor game and Oak Grove JV got blown out.
The12thMan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: JV Teams

Postby senditin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:42 pm

The12thMan wrote:Anybody seen any good JV teams this year just wondering about the future. I saw the Oak Grove Milnor game and Oak Grove JV got blown out.

FWM's JV team is undefeated and hasn't been seriuously challenged. Closest game was 17 with Class A TMCHS. Have scored over 100 several times this season.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Really depends on how the coaches do their JV team. How many guys play 3 or 4 quarters on the varsity is the question.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:18 pm

The12thMan wrote:Anybody seen any good JV teams this year just wondering about the future. I saw the Oak Grove Milnor game and Oak Grove JV got blown out.

To slightly defend Oak Grove's JV; seven of the 11 players are Freshman, 4 of which that usually only have 2 or 3 quarters to work with. Also right now that is the lack of experience showing on the JV level playing against many juniors...but they are getting it by having to play up now.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The12thMan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm

senditin wrote:

FWM's JV team is undefeated and hasn't been seriuously challenged. Closest game was 17 with Class A TMCHS. Have scored over 100 several times this season.

What kids are on it and what grades?
The12thMan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:00 pm

The12thMan wrote:
senditin wrote:

What kids are on it and what grades?

I think FWM has a very good 9th grade, I believe we played them a couple years ago in a spring tournament and they could shoot the ball from anywhere.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby class_b_fan22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:05 am

Enderlin's JV has a record of 16-1 and have beat every team they've played.
Last edited by class_b_fan22 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
class_b_fan22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:31 am

class_b_fan22 wrote:Enderlin JV has a record of 15-1 and have beaten every team they've played.

Except for the one team. :)
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby class_b_fan22 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:54 am

they beat that same team in a tournament the next day! :lol:
class_b_fan22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby langer15 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Kenmare Honkers and Our Redeemers Knights are two great JV teams. Unbelievably talented players. Kenmare has only three or four players, ORCS moves the ball very very well. Many scorers. Several all around players.
langer15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HammerTime » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Based on what I've seen, Rugby won't have many problems in the future. While they won't be as dominant, they will have no problem continuing to run District 11.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby senditin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:35 pm

FWM JV is undefeated again this year. Last 2 games scores were 90 - 19 and 94 -18.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Broncos811 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Can someone clue me in on Four Winds? Clearly they are a superb varsity and will continue to be in the future based off JV performance. Why is that? I don't know much of anything regarding Region 4.

Is it circumstantial or is it a pretty sizeable pool of players to pick through or what?
Because when your varsity dominates the way it does, and your JV does too, it means either you've got some talent to spare, or your whole varsity team is playing JV
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:27 am

FW-M just has talent to spare. They have always had a very good program for the last 20+ years. The kids play a ton of bball all year long and it shows on the court from the top level on down through the elementary grades.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby langer15 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:37 am

In the next 2+ years District 12 and Region 6 will be a toss up as it is today!
langer15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:12 pm

The kids at Four Winds love to just play basketball and so does whole community when they play they fill the gym right up. You can see they play basketball a lot by skills present at very young age. Also they let their kids have fun at grades and junior high letting them shoot and develop some offensive skills in game time. Four Winds is throw back to old class b in that they love basketball and other sports they either don't compete at or have very little participation so their whole talent pool of kids are devoted to basketball. A lot of other schools have their kids competing in other sports so time and effort and numbers are not their like it is Four Winds. Four Winds football has been struggling program last few years and I can remember few years back when we played them in JV football game while we waiting for junior high game to get over the their football players were playing baskeball in there football uniforms outside. They don't have a baseball program. I don't know what they have for track program but I am betting it suffers too! They are going to basketball power for years to come when good size school as they are and huge number kids just play basketball year around.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 pm

If you are looking for a team to shine in the next 2-3 years, you would have to consider the DLB Lakers as one of them. The C & B squads have players that are outstanding and been playing together for years. Currently, the entire team(A,B &C squads) have only 2 seniors and 2 juniors, the rest are sophomores and freshmen. The starting 5 for varsity consists of 2 seniors, 2 sophomores and a freshman. The 6th man off the bench is a freshman that makes shooting a three point shot look easy. The B & C squads are quick, accurate and have a lot of height and athletic ability. I wouldn't say they have a standout player but, they have a very good core team that will only grow stronger. With 2 freshman and 4 sophomores seeing significant varsity time combined with the speed, agility and height of the C & B squads, they will be a force to be reckoned with for the next 2-3 years.
Oh, by the way, we almost saw a dunk in the C squad game in Stanley. :shock: He would have done it if his timing had been right!! That's the type of talent just waiting for their time to shine! :wink:
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys