6th man

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

6th man

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 am

I know a lot of these teams would not be where they are without a bench. Let's hear it for the 6th man, that person that comes off the bench and makes an impact- scoring, defense, etc. Who are some of the good ones in the state? Let's give some props to those kids that don't always get recognized.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 6th man

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 am

Brennan Vance, Ellendale. Just a freshman but has been a key contributor all year. Good defender and ball handler. Can also get to the rim and shoot the three. Big part of Ellendale's success this year.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby gominers » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Luke Blood, Beulah. He's made enormous advancements from last season. He has great feet for a big guy and is a load on the offensive end.
gominers
NDPreps Starter

Postby MTfan4life » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Gotta throw in Isaac Olson from OG. He's braced up like a mummy out there, but if he could get healthy, he could start to get deadly again. He has a very smooth looking shot and also brings a good amount of size off the bench. Also, the tall sophomore from Milnor, I think Masen Olsen was his name. He looked pretty impressive coming off the bench. They get pretty long with Bussman, Mund, and Olsen on the court at the same time.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 pm

MTfan4life wrote:Gotta throw in Isaac Olson from OG. He's braced up like a mummy out there, but if he could get healthy, he could start to get deadly again. He has a very smooth looking shot and also brings a good amount of size off the bench. Also, the tall sophomore from Milnor, I think Masen Olsen was his name. He looked pretty impressive coming off the bench. They get pretty long with Bussman, Mund, and Olsen on the court at the same time.

We have faced Olson in Summer League a couple times and have also seen him during the spring the last couple of years (I believe he was hurt last spring). He is a very good player, capable of playing inside and out. Sorry to hear he has been having continued issues. Hope and pray he heals up and gets back to playing at a high level.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Chase Walton, Riely Cleam, Ethan Brown....Cavalier Tornadoes

no order, might see one come off the bench first on any given night
great contributors
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Mitch Medallen from DLB does a lot of things for them off the bench.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jack8 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:33 am

Whiteowl kid from New Town. 10th grader very good shooter long kid big part of what they got goin on in New Town
Jack8
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 am

Jack8 wrote:Whiteowl kid from New Town. 10th grader very good shooter long kid big part of what they got goin on in New Town

is that Perry's son?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bsoldiergirl » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 am

Sticks11 wrote:Mitch Medallen from DLB does a lot of things for them off the bench.

After watching Mitch Medallen hit several key shots last night to help the DLB Lakers defeat North Star, only confirms what I have thought all year long. He has to be considered one of the best 6th man in Region 6 if not the state. I totally agree with you Sticks 11, he has been the go to guy for the Lakers off the bench. He isn't afraid to take the "big shot." :!: :!:
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby noles4ever » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:45 am

That must have been a pretty good game in DLB, North Star led most of the game and then kind of fell apart at the end from what I heard. Report also was that Holte is a monster but didn't have the greatest game and North Star held him in check until the 4th quarter and then he came alive, can you elaborate a little on that game last night, bsoldiergirl?
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 am

EHS1998 wrote:
MTfan4life wrote:Gotta throw in Isaac Olson from OG. He's braced up like a mummy out there, but if he could get healthy, he could start to get deadly again. He has a very smooth looking shot and also brings a good amount of size off the bench. Also, the tall sophomore from Milnor, I think Masen Olsen was his name. He looked pretty impressive coming off the bench. They get pretty long with Bussman, Mund, and Olsen on the court at the same time.

We have faced Olson in Summer League a couple times and have also seen him during the spring the last couple of years (I believe he was hurt last spring). He is a very good player, capable of playing inside and out. Sorry to hear he has been having continued issues. Hope and pray he heals up and gets back to playing at a high level.

Olson came up huge last night in a close win over Richland. Eight quick second half points to help spark the Grovers to comeback after a poor shooting 1st Half overall.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Olson came up huge last night in a close win over Richland. Eight quick second half points to help spark the Grovers to comeback after a poor shooting 1st Half overall.

Ataboy Isaac!
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:40 am

Hunter Hager has done a good job all year for Rugby. Might not score much, but from what I've seen, defends well, takes care of the ball, and battles for every rebound.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:46 pm

noles4ever wrote:That must have been a pretty good game in DLB, North Star led most of the game and then kind of fell apart at the end from what I heard. Report also was that Holte is a monster but didn't have the greatest game and North Star held him in check until the 4th quarter and then he came alive, can you elaborate a little on that game last night, bsoldiergirl?

Yes noles4ever, it was a very good game. What you heard about the game was true, NS did lead most of the game. I think they were up by as much as 12-14 pts at one point in the game. It was like a cat& mouse game. NS would have a large lead and DLB would claw their way to within 4-6 pts only to see NS hit one of their several 3pointers. At halftime, if I remember right, NS had an 8 point lead. DLB went on a run in the 3rd bringing it to within a point at the end of the quarter. The forth quarter seemed to belong to the Lakers. Shots were finally falling in . NS still had the led the first few minutes of the 4th quarter. Hole, as you stated, was finally able to come alive. Key 3pointers from Medalin, Edwards and Duke helped the Lakers take the lead mid 4th quarter and it seemed to rattle NS. Lakers went on to win hitting key shots and free throws.

NS seemed to make almost every shot they attempted in the first half, DLB seemed to struggle. NS did do a good job defensively against Holte, but in his defense, there were a lot of "no calls" that seemed quite obvious! NS had a couple of players in foul trouble in the 4th.

I think both teams played hard, but DLB's talent and depth off the bench made the difference in the game!
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby lions700 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:26 am

Tyler Daws and Tanner Sanders from Bishop Ryan. Thomas Steenstrup from DL-B doesn't usually start.
lions700
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys