Best Player in Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Player in Region 6

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:54 am

I know we've talked about teams and the better guards from Region 6, but who's the best player in your opinion? If you could pick one guy to start building a team around, who would that be?
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Player in Region 6

Postby packers21 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:18 am

Heidelbaugh- Rugby

Next Subject
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:19 am

Hunter Braaten or Brad Heidlebaugh depending on what you want to build your team around. The best guard or the best post.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND-is-#1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:13 pm

packers21 wrote:Heidelbaugh- Rugby

Next Subject

Holte is arguably the best player in the state. What doesn't he have that heidelbaugh has? Just curious
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:40 pm

I will try to answer this without offense to anyone.
The difference between Heidlebaugh and Holte in my opinion.
Both are outstanding BB players.
Both have great inside-out games.
Both are very good defensive players.
Based on Talent alone - I would say they are as equal as two great players can be, but...
When it comes down to it though, Heidlebaugh just seems to play more to his strengths than Holte does.
From what I've seen, Tanner will settle for shots, rather than work to get the best shot, whereas I don't see Heidlebaugh ever doing that. Tanner has trouble doing what he wants when his defender is of equal size or strength. I haven't seen Brad have trouble with anyone.
This is just my opinion - Someone else might see a total opposite side. Both are great players - and two of the best in the state - but if I had to choose only one to have on my team - I would choose Heidlebaugh.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Safety » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 pm

I have seen both of these players play, and I would hands down agree with BB11's assessment of both of these young men. And I also would choose Heidlebaugh.
Safety
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:42 am

ND-is-#1 wrote:
packers21 wrote:Heidelbaugh- Rugby

Next Subject

Holte is arguably the best player in the state. What doesn't he have that heidelbaugh has? Just curious

Both are great scorers, defenders and rebounders. Heidelbaugh passes much better. He has a lot of guard skills (handles and passes very well). Holte plays like a stretch 5 (Can score outside and off the bounce but won't really handle or distribute). But to be fair, Holte doesn't really need to do that because he has one of the best passing point guards in the state on his team.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys