All-staters

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All-staters

Postby theman23 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:22 pm

any thoughts on who could potentially make the all-state team?
theman23
NDPreps Reserve

Re: All-staters

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:25 pm

theman23 wrote:any thoughts on who could potentially make the all-state team?

Bussmans a lock on 1st team
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:37 pm

1st Team; (no particular order)
1. Bussman
2. Mund
3. Holte
4. McKay
5. Heidelbaugh

2ND TEAM
Duke
Lee
Burns
Weston
Volk
Bosch
Braaten

OUTDIDE LOOKING IN
Richman
Kretchman
Robbins
White
Thielges
Lindgren
Last edited by ND-is-#1 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 pm

1st and 2nd team breakdown?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby noles4ever » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Is Mund a First Teamer.
Two 1st team all state players from one team is an unlikely outcome.
Some might say busman just scores and Mund is the better all-around player.
I don't get to see teams from that area of the state play.
From the stats and things that those that vote on all-state(the media) I would say the nod for 1st team would go to Bussman. I think Mund is an all-stater just on the wave he is riding from the state tourney last year just not 1st team.

Who replaces him? IDK
Also, Mckay does a lot of the scoring, but isn't Riley Smith the player that make that team go, without Smith, McKay's scoring average dips by 3-4 pts per game.

Say this for sure, Heidelbaugh and Holte are 1st team, bank on it, after that I think that many names could bounce back and forth.

I would say Richman is probably on the inside at this moment, Kretchman should have gotten a pretty significant boost with their big win this week, I would think they are on the inside not out.

and whose Robbins, never heard of him :shock: :D :lol:
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND-is-#1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:53 pm

noles4ever wrote:Is Mund a First Teamer.
Two 1st team all state players from one team is an unlikely outcome.
Some might say busman just scores and Mund is the better all-around player.
I don't get to see teams from that area of the state play.
From the stats and things that those that vote on all-state(the media) I would say the nod for 1st team would go to Bussman. I think Mund is an all-stater just on the wave he is riding from the state tourney last year just not 1st team.

Who replaces him? IDK
Also, Mckay does a lot of the scoring, but isn't Riley Smith the player that make that team go, without Smith, McKay's scoring average dips by 3-4 pts per game.

Say this for sure, Heidelbaugh and Holte are 1st team, bank on it, after that I think that many names could bounce back and forth.

I would say Richman is probably on the inside at this moment, Kretchman should have gotten a pretty significant boost with their big win this week, I would think they are on the inside not out.

and whose Robbins, never heard of him :shock: :D :lol:

Richman and Kretchman both have talent that could land them on all state. I don't feel right now they're where the others are, that's why I have them there. This is just my opinion. I think they both need to end the season strong and it could be possible.

I think Bussman, Holte, and heidelbaugh are the 3 automatics at this point. Other two were just my picks.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 am

ND-is-#1 wrote:1st Team; (no particular order)
1. Bussman
2. Mund
3. Holte
4. McKay
5. Heidelbaugh

2ND TEAM
Duke
Lee
Burns
Weston
Volk
Bosch
Braaten

OUTDIDE LOOKING IN
Richman
Kretchman
Robbins
White
Thielges
Lindgren

Only mentioning these 4 players because I have seen them play on multiple occasions. Thielges and White are absolutely in the same conversation with Duke and Weston and I frankly may be too kind in this assessment as far as all around basketball players are concerned. Purintun is right there as well.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballislife15 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:32 pm

What about the Olson kid?
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:09 am

footballislife15 wrote:What about the Olson kid?

Olson is definitely an all state caliber player, without question.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Has ND ever had brothers be all-state in Class A and Class B in the same year?

Reason for the question: The Kretchman brothers (Tanner for Davies & Carter for Oak Grove) could possibly do this. Can't think of this ever happening before.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:28 am

1st Team: Bussman, Mund, Holte, Heildebaugh, Robbins
2nd Team: McKay, Thielges, Burns, Kretchman, Lee, White, Weston
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:01 pm

EHS1998 wrote:1st Team: Bussman, Mund, Holte, Heildebaugh, Robbins

Lot of south/southeast power. Have to believe there are some west players that could make it. Haven't had much of a chance to see west teams this year. I do know that Chrest, Duke, Kwilvang, Fox, Braaten could easily be mentioned.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:29 pm

classB4ever wrote:

Lot of south/southeast power. Have to believe there are some west players that could make it. Haven't had much of a chance to see west teams this year. I do know that Chrest, Duke, Kwilvang, Fox, Braaten could easily be mentioned.

Agreed. Wasn't intentional just more exposed to these players. The others you mention are deserving to be sure, just not sure who to remove. Chrest and Braaten seem the most likely next up. But I truly don't know who to remove from my list. There are others that could be considered that I didn't mention.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby gominers » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Austin Cieslak should be on the short list as well.
gominers
NDPreps Starter

Postby classB4ever » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
classB4ever wrote:

Agreed. Wasn't intentional just more exposed to these players. The others you mention are deserving to be sure, just not sure who to remove. Chrest and Braaten seem the most likely next up. But I truly don't know who to remove from my list. There are others that could be considered that I didn't mention.

Understood. No disrespect meant, but hard for me to see Mund & Bussman both on first team. Would have to believe two 1st teamers, surrounded by most of their cast from last year, should have been back to the ship. Would have Chrest, Kwilvang and Duke ahead of Kretchman if you look at the entire year and defensive/offensive ability. JMHO.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Great input ClassB4Ever! I think it is clear that some deserving players are going to be left off, which is a shame but reality. Mund may not be first team, you could probably replace him with one of the others mentioned.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sniper » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:08 pm

How many 2nd team players are there?
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sniper » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 pm

1st team (random order):
1. Heildebaugh
2. Bussman
3. Robbins
4. Holte
5. Burns

2nd Team (random order):
1. Duke
2. Lee
3. Cieslak
4. McKay
5. Mund
6. Chrest
7. Weston
8. Richman
9. Poitra
10. Kretchman
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:05 am

Sniper wrote:1st team (random order):
1. Heildebaugh
2. Bussman
3. Robbins
4. Holte
5. Burns

2nd Team (random order):
1. Duke
2. Lee
3. Cieslak
4. McKay
5. Mund
6. Chrest
7. Weston
8. Richman
9. Poitra
10. Kretchman

McKay will be first team. Also, no disrespect meant to any of these players, but I would change 8, 9, 10 on your list. IMHO Purintun, Kwilvang, Adams, Thielges and Braaten are ahead of all 3. All have a more rounded, complete game.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby beachy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 am

When does the All State teams come out?? Thought it was right after the state Tournement
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby RebelsThunder » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 am

EHS1998 wrote:
footballislife15 wrote:What about the Olson kid?

Olson is definitely an all state caliber player, without question.

Totally agree what hurts him is the 6 weeks he missed.
RebelsThunder
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 pm

classB4ever wrote:
1. Heildebaugh
2. Bussman
3. Robbins
4. Holte
5. Burns

2nd Team (random order):
1. Duke
2. Lee
3. Cieslak
4. McKay
5. Mund
6. Chrest
7. Weston
8. Richman
9. Poitra
10. Kretchman

McKay will be first team. Also, no disrespect meant to any of these players, but I would change 8, 9, 10 on your list. IMHO Purintun, Kwilvang, Adams, Thielges and Braaten are ahead of all 3. All have a more rounded, complete game.

I would not be surprised if McKay was not First Team. I believe voting is done right after Regionals, where Weston and Kretchman both made huge noise by leading their teams to State after not being projected to get there, and having great Regional tournaments. I could see Richman being left off because he was injured. I could see Poitra left off because he is a sophomore. I would be surprised to see DLB or North Star get 2 All State guys, but it could happen. I would not be shocked to see Oak Grove with 2 All State guys. I think Kretchman will be First Team.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 pm

balla45 wrote:
classB4ever wrote:
1. Heildebaugh
2. Bussman
3. Robbins
4. Holte
5. Burns

2nd Team (random order):
1. Duke
2. Lee
3. Cieslak
4. McKay
5. Mund
6. Chrest
7. Weston
8. Richman
9. Poitra
10. Kretchman

I would not be surprised if McKay was not First Team. I believe voting is done right after Regionals, where Weston and Kretchman both made huge noise by leading their teams to State after not being projected to get there, and having great Regional tournaments. I could see Richman being left off because he was injured. I could see Poitra left off because he is a sophomore. I would be surprised to see DLB or North Star get 2 All State guys, but it could happen. I would not be shocked to see Oak Grove with 2 All State guys. I think Kretchman will be First Team.

Richmans injury happened late in the year and he played in the District, although he was limited due to the injury. I don't think his being hurt will impact whether he is on or not. At least I hope it doesn't.

I agree that Kretchman will get first team.

Region 3 got shut out of All Staters last year, I think they get at least 1 maybe 2 this year.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 pm

With Richman, I feel his team not advancing to regionals is directly correlated with his injury. If I am a member of the media who is not from that area, I look at a box score and see he had 13 points in a loss to Northern Cass, and then see that he was not in the box score when they lost to Enderlin, and I am no longer looking to throw him a vote. I can't think of many situations where a player is All State, but fails to quality for the Region tournament.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:02 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
classB4ever wrote:

Richmans injury happened late in the year and he played in the District, although he was limited due to the injury. I don't think his being hurt will impact whether he is on or not. At least I hope it doesn't.

I agree that Kretchman will get first team.

Region 3 got shut out of All Staters last year, I think they get at least 1 maybe 2 this year.

Once again, no disrespect meant to any of these players. All good players. If they look at all around game, both defensive and offensive ends of the court, Kretchman doesn't make it. Tremendous shooter, but IMO, Adams is the better player. McKay can carry a team offensively and at 6'-3" can guard anyone, and usually guards the best player. Same thing for Kwilvang. As for Richman, seemed to disappear at times during the year (meaning when healthy). Surprised Poitra was on the list. Good young ball player, but quite frankly, wasn't the best player on his team when considering total package.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys