District 5 Looks Gooooood!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 5 Looks Gooooood!

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 pm

heimer wrote:I saw, on the realignment proposal thread, that FSHP is moving to 3.

So, VC goes 2, here's 2:

Central Cass
Oak Grove
Kindred
Northern Cass
Valley City
Richland
Maple Valley
Enderlin.

Pretty top-heavy district. Hope there isn't a year where its CC, Kindred, OG, and VC in the regional.

Enderlin & Northern Cass have good programs now...so they'll be in the mix for years to come. I could also see Richland considered to move to District 1 if VC comes to District 2 if Oakes wants/has to stay in District 5.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Richland will not move to District 1 until the District 2 tournament is moved out of Fargo (if that ever happens). It's made more sense for them to be in District 1 forever, and they have chosen to say where they are. The first plans that moved Oakes from District 1 to District 5 (then District 9) were formed in 1997. I saw them with a coach in his office. Richland could have forced the issue, and chose not to.

Richland likes playing in Fargo, and Richland, along with FCT, were instrumental in eliminating communities from hosting Region I due to travel. So, they have the best of what they want right now.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 pm

heimer wrote:This sounds like a ton of lobbying to keep VC out of 5.

I'm wondering, if not 5, where. Not 1, too far, not 2, full (eight teams), unless FSHP shifts to 3, which I've heard could happen. Then 2 a good fit.

But 5 was where they landed before.

To be as clear as possible, I lobby for VC to be back in D5/R3 when their enrollment drops to the B threshold.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Your brethren certainly won't. I anticipate the move to drop the enrollment cutoff to originate in your district.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:57 pm

heimer wrote:Your brethren certainly won't. I anticipate the move to drop the enrollment cutoff to originate in your district.

I honestly doubt it. But time will tell. A big part of the issue from a few years ago, that you have never really acknowledged, was the perceived underhanded nature of the change that moved VC to Class B. That wouldn't seem to be the case this time.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:02 pm

It wasn't underhanded, that's just the myth you carry on in the homeland.

The GENERAL ASSEMBLY took boys basketball enrollment rules out of the constitution at a REGUARLY SCHEDULED MEETING before 2008. They chose to give the BOD the ability to regulate the sport, just like EVERY OTHER SPORT AT THE TIME. Yes, boys basketball was the only sport directly mandated by the constitution. The standard was simply applied to the other sports. How do you think we had three classes of football for the longest time?

The BOD published their minutes and the issues to be debated beforehand, AS THEY ALWAYS DO. The meeting took place IN THE SAME ROOM AS EVERY OTHER BOD MEETING, in the SAME BUILDING, IN THE SAME TOWN. It's not their fault that no one wanted to show up and debate the issue.

If your schools were caught flat-footed, try paying attention. Wait, don't do that. You're district 5. You can just cry, pi$$ and moan after the fact and get your way.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Note the word perceived above.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:36 pm

More than perceived. It is perceived, repeated till it becomes believable, then clung to to explain away a good decision as a wrong one.

Past Highway 1, facts are pesky, aren't they?
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:52 pm

heimer wrote:More than perceived. It is perceived, repeated till it becomes believable, then clung to to explain away a good decision as a wrong one.

I don't think a lot of people associate you with fact based reporting.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Heimer, you just need to let it go, get on with life. Life is so much more than HS sports. Whatever did happen, whatever will happen, really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of life.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:37 pm

I would not mind seeing Valley City in Class B. They are not competitive in Class A right now and wouldn't be absolutely dominant in Class B. Especially as Class A expands, it will just get more difficult to be competitive. I believe they lost to the Sheyenne jv team, which is a team of only freshmen and sophomores. Tough when you are a pretty decent player and don't really have a change of winning more than a game or two each year in your conference.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:10 pm

More facts than anything that came out of 5 that year.

The passage of time does not make the unjust just. Facts are:
BOD, made of a mix of A and B, made a unanimous decision.
The team most vocal in undoing that decision with propaganda has now won 4 straight districts.

Imagine that.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Spin it however you need to in order to help you sleep at night.

Lamoure wasn't the only school that opposed what occurred. Awfully convenient to spin it that way now.

How many of those last 4 would VC have conceivably won in your opinion? Maybe 1 before Carpenter graduated. One thing I know that you probably didn't think was common knowledge is the fact that VC wanted to be in B so badly at that time because they had a small window where they thought they would have the players to dominate B. (This is probably a big reason why you are still so upset about it being reversed). I found this after the fact and thought it was telling and certainly sheds a bit of a different light on the noble and just intentions you attribute to the BODs decision.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby eagle101 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:42 pm

if Valley City would of won a regional championship that year or possibly a state championship that year they were Class B, would Heimer's attitude be different?
eagle101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:50 pm

That is more myth propagated by your 5 brethren.

Facts are I was there. We knew we would not dominate B, not even close. May have been a parent or two who spouted, but not anywhere close to the attitude of the school.

Again, myth trumps facts. My attitude would be the same even with five regional titles.

Someone on this board said back then, "If they win state, it will look bad," implying winning would make the decision look selfish. Well, the champions of the amendment have now win 4 straight without VC there. Looks just as bad.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Edgeley Kulm also played a big role, why don't you mention them?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Because we all know who was in front of the TV cameras and on the radio shows trumpeting the case. It wasn't Edgeley. By the way, in the interests of facts, Kulm was not part of the effort, other than their co-op is attached to Edgeley. They are together for teams, separate in terms of general assembly membership.

Also, Rick Diegel went right back to the BOD and pitched a three-class system after the vote, so he recognized the problem. Didn't see any help from the now four-time District 5 champs.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby berry186 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm

heimer u have to let it go i believe ur RADIO guy couldnt even do the games cause he whined to much about and called people some things he shouldnt have. u can have ur district titles if u want them Titles dont mean much when u cant make it out of the first round right heimer. class b is just fine with out ur class a attitude
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Keep spinning, how did the change get made with only Lamoure pushing for a change? One vote wasn't going to be enough. This wasn't a Lamoure vs VC thing no matter how much you want to revise history to further your own agenda.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:57 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
heimer wrote:More than perceived. It is perceived, repeated till it becomes believable, then clung to to explain away a good decision as a wrong one.

This is my favorite post on NDpreps, by far.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eagle101 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:55 pm

I did notice that during Valley City's one year stint in Class B they did win a state championship in Boys Golf. Is there a difference in perception of people if the Valley City would of won the state in basketball? Should it matter if they were considered mediocre in basketball, but dominant in track, golf, music, etc...
eagle101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nemesis » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:12 pm

eagle101 wrote:I did notice that during Valley City's one year stint in Class B they did win a state championship in Boys Golf. Is there a difference in perception of people if the Valley City would of won the state in basketball? Should it matter if they were considered mediocre in basketball, but dominant in track, golf, music, etc...

The class B state basketball tourney draws in the most money in the state as far as high school athletics go last time I checked. Basketball is a BIG thing in North Dakota...so I think it definitely would have more weight on peoples' opinion if VC won state in basketball as oppose to golf or track.... If I'm going to make an assumption, nobody besides the people in golf and their parents and family really care about high school class B golf...that's got to be pretty low on the totem pole...not to diss golf or anything...I enjoy golf, but just saying.
Nemesis
NDPreps Starter

Postby heimer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 am

Wildcat wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

This is my favorite post on NDpreps, by far.

I loved this post! That's what I love about this place. It is so easy to get everyone riled up. There will come a day when it won't be, but as long as EHS, Bisonguy06, and apparently Mr. Berry are out there, it's a great time.

BTW Berry, I'm pretty sure the "radio guy" you speak of was at District 2 (a way better district, I might add), since the VC stations never covered District 5. But again, why let the facts interrupt a great story?
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 am

I'm sure it's been said here before but I can't seem to find it, but when are VC's numbers projected to fall below the cut line?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:59 pm

classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys