North Star - Pretty good for a 5 loss team!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: North Star - Pretty good for a 5 loss team!

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:12 pm

noles4ever wrote:Apologies to everyone, winner-within got cut off there and he wasn't able to finish his thought so I will assist and finish it for him:

stemmed off of the Lindahl era,-
- and the Lindahls were from walhalla and walhalla is in close proximity to Cavalier, so the success that North Star has ever had is simply a measuring stick of how great and awesome Cavalier was, is, and will be for all time.

Oh thank you winner for blessing us with your knowledge, oh great one.

so this isnt true?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:39 pm

winner-within wrote:
noles4ever wrote:Apologies to everyone, winner-within got cut off there and he wasn't able to finish his thought so I will assist and finish it for him:

- and the Lindahls were from walhalla and walhalla is in close proximity to Cavalier, so the success that North Star has ever had is simply a measuring stick of how great and awesome Cavalier was, is, and will be for all time.

so this isnt true?

winner, please give this a rest. You certainly are entitled to your opinion. But Cando/North Star has had success because of many, many good players over the years. Evan, Jonathon, Grant, Jake and Danny were certainly a part of it. You seem to bring this to light every year before tournament time. Not sure why.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

so this isnt true?

winner, please give this a rest. You certainly are entitled to your opinion. But Cando/North Star has had success because of many, many good players over the years. Evan, Jonathon, Grant, Jake and Danny were certainly a part of it. You seem to bring this to light every year before tournament time. Not sure why.

I have no idea what you are talking about....success breeds success is my point.....I have no idea why a few on here claim I am not to comment on a NS thread....and every year I bring this to light at tourney time?...haven't a clue what you mean, whats to debate?......If I am wrong on speculation of any town or program or basketball then bring it to my attention...no biggy.. I dont care.....Once again Region 4 is and will be one of the most competitive Regions for years and years and years...why! because it involves a county seat and co-ops will continue and a Native American community, simple as that...have great weekend everybody... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:06 pm

I will make it simple. Have missed one of their games in 16+ years. Their success is based on many, many players and coaches. Your statement (you've said the same thing in many different threads) seems to limit it to a few. If I misread your post, my apologies, but don't think I did.
And let's be honest, nobody would ever stop your from commenting on anything.:D You have a nice weekend too.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:I will make it simple. Have missed one of their games in 16+ years. Their success is based on many, many players and coaches. Your statement (you've said the same thing in many different threads) seems to limit it to a few. If I misread your post, my apologies, but don't think I did.
And let's be honest, nobody is stopping you from commenting on anything. :D You have a nice weekend too.

...you have totally misread my post...but no need to apologize.. :) Good luck in the post season
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:43 am

The final poll adds credence to this thread...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby scout_101 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:21 am

Fw/m loses two starters (smith, three irons) next year and two role players (larock and hill) . But are gonna bring back lots of talent! Don't forget about the 9th grader Tronis McKay that has varsity experience with Warwick as a 7th grader. Also the 6'4 jr. post player larse azure who transferred from Warwick . Strong inside player who runs the floor, but was not able to suit up for varsity because the transfer rules. People don't see it but fw/m is rebuilding to be good for a looooong time. The freshman team also is loaded with talent. Man I'm glad I'm not in the same district or region with this team.
#stacked
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 am

scout_101 wrote:Fw/m loses two starters (smith, three irons) next year and two role players (larock and hill) . But are gonna bring back lots of talent! Don't forget about the 9th grader Tronis McKay that has varsity experience with Warwick as a 7th grader. Also the 6'4 jr. post player larse azure who transferred from Warwick . Strong inside player who runs the floor, but was not able to suit up for varsity because the transfer rules. People don't see it but fw/m is rebuilding to be good for a looooong time. The freshman team also is loaded with talent. Man I'm glad I'm not in the same district or region with this team.
#stacked

Actually its been talked about quite a bit on this site.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby senditin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:51 am

packers21 wrote:
scout_101 wrote:Fw/m loses two starters (smith, three irons) next year and two role players (larock and hill) . But are gonna bring back lots of talent! Don't forget about the 9th grader Tronis McKay that has varsity experience with Warwick as a 7th grader. Also the 6'4 jr. post player larse azure who transferred from Warwick . Strong inside player who runs the floor, but was not able to suit up for varsity because the transfer rules. People don't see it but fw/m is rebuilding to be good for a looooong time. The freshman team also is loaded with talent. Man I'm glad I'm not in the same district or region with this team.
#stacked

Where? Can't seem to find that post.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:58 am

senditin wrote:
packers21 wrote:
#stacked

Where? Can't seem to find that post.

I bet you looked really hard too...it might be a few pages back but its been discussed
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 am

REALLY good for a 7-loss team.

senditin-- now do you know why Hagler has Weston play outside?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby HONKER » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:51 am

And to beat 4winds on their home court. Well almost. Most teams don't play 10 games at home.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:11 am

can't say this team hasn't earned their spot...

I thought they didn't have the depth & resolute to get where they are at...I was wrong...Great Job Bearcats!
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:34 pm

vikingman wrote:REALLY good for a 7-loss team.

senditin-- now do you know why Hagler has Weston play outside?

Much respect to North Star. FWM couldn't finish and NS did what they had to do to win. Expect these 2 teams to meet in the Ramsey County and Region 4 championship games next season. Already lookin forward to it!
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys