Top Juniors Across The State?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top Juniors Across The State?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:37 am

Any ideas??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Top Juniors Across The State?

Postby baloncesto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:14 am

Some that come to mind (I know i am missing a ton)

Kretchman-OG (possibly the best)
Adams-OG
Andel-Kindred
Heidelbaugh- Rugby
C Mauch-Hankinson
Olsen-Lamoure
Purinton-Linton
Meehl-Oakes (possibly)

Not sure about juniors from the western part of the state. Not as familiar out there.
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:17 am

Stemen - Lamoure LM
Aburrea - Carrington
Schneider - LHMB
White - Ellendale
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby noles4ever » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:17 am

Alex Weston- North Star
Christian Kvilvang- North Star
Trayvon McKay- Four Winds
All 6'4/6'5 and all can go inside or outside and all are very athletic, I know Kvilvang has one dunk on the year, not sure about Trayvon.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 am

Hunter Engel, GCC
Ryan Sand, KC
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 am

Tanner Bernhardt - Rugby
Eli Luna - TGU
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:49 am

wouldn't trade 1 for Brock Robbins---Cavalier Tornadoes
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby noles4ever » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am

If you wouldn't trade Robbins to get Heidelbaugh you know very little about basketball or are so blinded by your loyalties to the "almighty tornadoes" that you cannot form a rational thought.
Not saying Robbins isn't good, but Heidelbaugh is legit head and shoulders above anyone I have seen play this year and I have seen Robbins in person.
Junior or senior.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby noles4ever » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:00 pm

I didn't realize at the time that Heidelbaugh was just a junior, that is scary for the rest of the state.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:11 pm

noles4ever wrote:If you wouldn't trade Robbins to get Heidelbaugh you know very little about basketball or are so blinded by your loyalties to the "almighty tornadoes" that you cannot form a rational thought.
Not saying Robbins isn't good, but Heidelbaugh is legit head and shoulders above anyone I have seen play this year and I have seen Robbins in person.
Junior or senior.

dont accuse me of thinking the Tornadoes are almighty because their no different than any team out there that works hard.....the topic is Top Juniors...not best Junior, and I just stated I wouldn't trade him....which must mean hes one of the Top Juniors right? if you dont think he is than thats your opinion (than maybe you dont know anything about basketball) ....the phrase "wouldn't trade" for me comes from my HS Basketball Coach, when he was referring to a player on our team who didnt even make all state, but he was a machine and fit the bill for our team, like Brock is and does for Cav
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoops247 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 pm

I'd add Zach Miller - Rugby to the list. Miss over half of last year due to a knee injury. He is really starting to come on the last couple of weeks.
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby MTfan4life » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

I'll throw in Austin Lee from Berthold. He's definitely a big part of what they've been doing this season.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoops247 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 am

I'd agreee - A Lee should be on the list. Great range.
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:10 am

EKM has a couple juniors that are worthy of mention. Chris Miller and Trystan Harr.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 am

Jace Pederson from Hatton-Northwood
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby noles4ever » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:21 am

In your fit of rage winner, you must have missed where I conceded that, yes, Robbins is good, just not on the level of Heidelbaugh. You also dismiss the fact that traditionally on this forum you have religiously been a supporter of Cavalier and dismissed anyone and any comment that didn't agree with your opinion that Cavalier is THE ND athletic mecca.
You have had a tendency to totally dismiss the accomplishment of players and teams from other towns that are not Cavalier, sometimes in a very negative manner.
I am just stating my OPINION that Heidelbaugh is on another level as Robbins after you took an underhanded shot at all other juniors with your "wouldn't trade for anyone comment". Not because Heidelbaugh is from Rugby or that Robbins is from Cavalier, but because I have seen both play in person and Heidelbaugh was much better in every aspect of the game.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby noles4ever » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 am

While we are on the topic, in a pick teams scenario, I would take the other 3 players I mentioned over Robbins as well.
Trayvon, Alex, and Christian all can shoot the 3, are all 6'4 or better, all rebound very well and play D. All three are better college prospects than Robbins.
From my perspective it is Chrest that makes the Cavalier team go, not Robbins. Don't get me wrong, not saying Robbins is not a good player, I think he shoots the ball very well from the outside.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:44 am

There is not any scenario where I would pick Weston over Robbins. Robbins is without a doubt a better all around player.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby noles4ever » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:02 am

Really? Can Robbins go for 40 in a night?
Does Robbins have the ability to take over a game?
When Weston is on he is borderline unstoppable from anywhere on the court.
Honest questions.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 am

noles4ever wrote:Really? Can Robbins go for 40 in a night?
Does Robbins have the ability to take over a game?
When Weston is on he is borderline unstoppable from anywhere on the court.
Honest questions.

Yes, Robbins has the ability to go for 40 and take over a game. His team is structured differently so he isn't called to do it but I don't think it is a matter of ability.

Against a physically strong post, Weston is far from unstoppable down low. I've seen him shut down by a strong post before.

Weston is a good player no question about that.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby noles4ever » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 am

Good point, will give you that.
I think both are very good players.
Makes for good debate I think.
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 am

noles4ever wrote:Good point, will give you that.
I think both are very good players.
Makes for good debate I think.

Agreed, I enjoyed the discussion.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 am

noles4ever wrote:In your fit of rage winner, you must have missed where I conceded that, yes, Robbins is good, just not on the level of Heidelbaugh. You also dismiss the fact that traditionally on this forum you have religiously been a supporter of Cavalier and dismissed anyone and any comment that didn't agree with your opinion that Cavalier is THE ND athletic mecca.
You have had a tendency to totally dismiss the accomplishment of players and teams from other towns that are not Cavalier, sometimes in a very negative manner.
I am just stating my OPINION that Heidelbaugh is on another level as Robbins after you took an underhanded shot at all other juniors with your "wouldn't trade for anyone comment". Not because Heidelbaugh is from Rugby or that Robbins is from Cavalier, but because I have seen both play in person and Heidelbaugh was much better in every aspect of the game.

believe me...there isn't any thing on this forum that gets me excited....I'm squeaking in on 4,000 post (you've probably read 30 of them)....you have 17 and your going to say I took "and underhanded shot".. :D that makes me smile....the sports mecca in ND IMO is ND itself...We obviously have the Bison Football and UND hockey and Mayville State girls etc. etc......and on top of that we have Class A and B sports where so many excel at a high level...

I'm a real busy man and dont get to far from home and haven't seen any players mentioned in this topic play (except for Weston)....but you or nobody else is going to tell me I cant post "wouldn't trade him for any of them" hes the junior I like the most because hes the only one I've seen, and he is for real (we know that), and he is leading (along with senior Chrest) his team to 4th rank team in State with one loss to a MN team...

dont look at my posts as bias, look at them as praise for some of the only high school athletes I know personally...
Last edited by winner-within on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Top JUNIORS I have seen this year:

Heidelbaugh- Rugby
Robbins- Cavalier
Kretchman-OG
McKay- Four Winds
White - Ellendale
Weston- North Star
Kvilvang- North Star
Pederson-Hatton-Northwood
Lee-Berthold

Not all of them but these are the ones that impressed me.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby noles4ever » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:22 pm

But winner, you are kinda like minnesota and their 10,000 lakes.
It really should be 8 lakes and 9,992 sloughs with houses on them.
You have about 20 posts with anything that can be considered a complete thought and 3,000 and change that is mindless drivel about how great north border was back in the day or how great cavalier is right now.
Am I the only one who just reads his mindless rants and does one of these :roll:
:D
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys