#5 Oak Grove @ #1 Milnor - Jan. 28th

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

#5 Oak Grove @ #1 Milnor - Jan. 28th

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Thoughts??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Oak Grove @ Milnor - Jan. 28th

Postby lovefootball88 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 pm

I think oak grove creates match up problems for milnor...if OG can keep mund off the glass they can win this one... They have played in more close games and I think that will be the difference... OG by 3....;
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND-is-#1 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:39 pm

This will be an interesting game! I think it will be close. I don't think Oak Grove has anyone who can stop Bussman, Card will do his best on Mund, but Mund will take care of that matchup. As for Kretchman I don't know if Milnor has anyone to contain him and keep him from getting to the lane and making plays.. In the end Milnor will take care business in a hard fought game. Milnor 78 Oak Grove 65.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:44 pm

lovefootball88 wrote:I think oak grove creates match up problems for milnor...if OG can keep mund off the glass they can win this one... They have played in more close games and I think that will be the difference... OG by 3....;

Curious as to what match up you think will cause Milnor problems? I don't see a place where the Grover's have a clear advantage. They don't have a shut down defender. There most difficult player to defend, Kretchman, is actually a decent match up for Milnor's best defender, Martinson. Not that think Kretchman will not hit his average, he will probably be in the mid 20's range. I just do not see any match up problems that favor Oak Grove.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:59 pm

If oak grove dong beat Milnor in this game, Milnor will go into regions undefeated and I think they go in with to much confidence and get beat out in second round. So I think it would be best for them to lose do they are to just thinking they can beat everyone. Milnor 63 Oak grove 67
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Run, do you know what radio station or stations will be covering this game?
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman23 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

i feel there is to much hype on this game. OG wont be able to stop both busman and mund. one of the two if not both of them will have a big game. Milnor by 15+
theman23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:08 pm

scc wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:Run, do you know what radio station or stations will be covering this game?

106.1 will probably be there.

According to Milnor's AD, 106.1 contacted him saying they will be there, that's the only station as of now.

Also, if you follow on Twitter...Tom Mix of the Fargo Forum will be down there and will give updates on the game.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scc wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:Run, do you know what radio station or stations will be covering this game?

106.1 will probably be there.

According to Milnor's AD, 106.1 contacted him saying they will be there, that's the only station as of now.

Also, if you follow on Twitter...Tom Mix of the Fargo Forum will be down there and will give updates on the game.

Okay thanks!
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Re: #5 Oak Grove @ #1 Milnor - Jan. 28th

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Run you never gave us your thoughts on this game
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:11 pm

I had asked him about this game in another topic "atmosphere"

winner-within wrote:
Hey Run
do you think Oak has a chance to beat Milnor in the Region tourn

well I don't see Milnor as being invincible this year...they've had plenty of close matchups once you get out of their district (Enderlin had them on the ropes, LaMoure nearly got them without Olson, Kindred played them close without Bachmeier scoring).

I think every game at Regions will be very interesting as there are at least 3 District 2 teams with a chance to 'dethrone' the Bison. Tuesday night should be a VERY interesting game in Milnor...should give a good idea of what could happen come tourney time.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:19 pm

winner-within wrote:I had asked him about this game in another topic "atmosphere"

winner-within wrote:
Hey Run
do you think Oak has a chance to beat Milnor in the Region tourn

well I don't see Milnor as being invincible this year...they've had plenty of close matchups once you get out of their district (Enderlin had them on the ropes, LaMoure nearly got them without Olson, Kindred played them close without Bachmeier scoring).

I think every game at Regions will be very interesting as there are at least 3 District 2 teams with a chance to 'dethrone' the Bison. Tuesday night should be a VERY intresting game in Milnor...should give a good idea of what could happen come tourney time.

I was more looking for a prediction
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:56 pm

I will make a prediction based on Runs analysis.....first of all, there is Imo no such thing as a loss at a certain time will be good.... obviously Milnor has been challenged and Oak has been beat....do they know one another real well? certainly they do...so truly it boils down to preparation and execution for a familiar opponent for both teams.

Milnor 65
Oak Grove 60
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Wow!!! Oak Grove takes down #1 Milnor 73-72! Bussman missed a three to end it. Kretchman was unbelievable down the stretch!
Bussman 31
Kretchman 22
Mund 14
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby knowledge » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Sounds like an exciting game. Hopefully there is a round 2.
knowledge
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm

They'll meet at regions
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:04 am

This is the best thing that could've happened for both teams, now oak grove knows they can compete with Milnor and now Milnor knows they need to show up. They will meet at regions but I say Milnor wins that by five it seems Mund comes on when the spotlight is on. Bussman will be bussman and score at will.
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:41 am

ND-is-#1 wrote:Wow!!! Oak Grove takes down #1 Milnor 73-72! Bussman missed a three to end it. Kretchman was unbelievable down the stretch!
Bussman 31
Kretchman 22
Mund 14

Bussman had 31 and W. Mund had 16

Kretchman scored 26 and C. Adams had 16
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND-is-#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:38 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:Wow!!! Oak Grove takes down #1 Milnor 73-72! Bussman missed a three to end it. Kretchman was unbelievable down the stretch!
Bussman 31
Kretchman 22
Mund 14

I was just going by what the radio announcer said.. How can he be that off
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:53 am

ND-is-#1 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Bussman 31
Kretchman 22
Mund 14

It was such a fast paced game and the sight line was probably a little off from where he was sitting (pillars are in tough spots in certain areas up there)...plus people standing after nearly EVERY play. It was an amazing atmosphere and amazing game tonight
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MTfan4life » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:07 am

After having watched OG a couple of times already this season, I had a feeling they'd have a pretty good chance in this game. They just have so many weapons. There isn't really a weak spot to exploit on their team. I know Kretchman is a stud, but that Adams kid is very underrated, IMO. After looking a little rough against a beaten up Park Christian team, they definitely showed up in this game. Stingy defense.

Bussman was impressive in this game. This was the first time I had ever seen him play and I was rather impressed. I was not as impressed with the rest of the team though, at least not for a "#1 in the state team." They were far too careless with their passing. Yes, OG plays in your face defense, but there were still so many unnecessary passing turnovers.

Also, if ever, there's a time and a place to totally lose your head and go ape at the refs over a pretty regular call/no call. With your team up 2 on the road with 90 seconds to go in the game is not the right time. With some less laid back referees, there would have definitely been a "tech" in there. OG's coach was rather lucky, imo. Just gotta understand the situation. just my two cents

Great game. Can't wait to see how the regional tournament plays out.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby baloncesto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:17 am

MTfan4life wrote:After having watched OG a couple of times already this season, I had a feeling they'd have a pretty good chance in this game. They just have so many weapons. There isn't really a weak spot to exploit on their team. I know Kretchman is a stud, but that Adams kid is very underrated, IMO. After looking a little rough against a beaten up Park Christian team, they definitely showed up in this game. Stingy defense.

Bussman was impressive in this game. This was the first time I had ever seen him play and I was rather impressed. I was not as impressed with the rest of the team though, at least not for a "#1 in the state team." They were far too careless with their passing. Yes, OG plays in your face defense, but there were still so many unnecessary passing turnovers.

Also, if ever, there's a time and a place to totally lose your head and go ape at the refs over a pretty regular call/no call. With your team up 2 on the road with 90 seconds to go in the game is not the right time. With some less laid back referees, there would have definitely been a "tech" in there. OG's coach was rather lucky, imo. Just gotta understand the situation. just my two cents

After listening on the radio i had similar thoughts. They had too many turnovers in this big of game. As for the call you are talking about, I see where you are coming from with it but I think that he was just trying to protect his players. It was a hard hit that probably should've been an intentional. It could've gone either way. But, overall it was an outstanding game with some outstanding players in it. It had that "retro"Class B Boys Basketball feel with the huge crowd and rowdy fans.
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND-is-#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:07 pm

I felt Mund was the difference in the game.. He seemed to have an off night, granted he still got 16.. But he was turning the ball over. I think he needs to realize he has to score a little more to help Bussman out. They have very little scoring other than those two. I feel if milnor wants to win it all Mund is gonna to look to score a little more.. Great passer but too much sometimes..
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby baloncesto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Bussman 31
Kretchman 22
Mund 14

Would like to hear your thoughts on both teams Run, since you were there.

It was such a fast paced game and the sight line was probably a little off from where he was sitting (pillars are in tough spots in certain areas up there)...plus people standing after nearly EVERY play. It was an amazing atmosphere and amazing game tonight

I would like to hear your analysis on the game and both teams Run since you were there.
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby MTfan4life » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 pm

baloncesto wrote:
MTfan4life wrote:After having watched OG a couple of times already this season, I had a feeling they'd have a pretty good chance in this game. They just have so many weapons. There isn't really a weak spot to exploit on their team. I know Kretchman is a stud, but that Adams kid is very underrated, IMO. After looking a little rough against a beaten up Park Christian team, they definitely showed up in this game. Stingy defense.

After listening on the radio i had similar thoughts. They had too many turnovers in this big of game. As for the call you are talking about, I see where you are coming from with it but I think that he was just trying to protect his players. It was a hard hit that probably should've been an intentional. It could've gone either way. But, overall it was an outstanding game with some outstanding players in it. It had that "retro"Class B Boys Basketball feel with the huge crowd and rowdy fans.

I wasn't talking about the intentional no-call. That was with about 30 seconds to play. This was about some ticky tacky no-calls that were so meaningless that I don't even remember what happened. I just remember him blowing up as the teams came down the court and two separate refs telling him to cool it.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys