Site dying off

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Site dying off

Postby i am legend » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:48 pm

I haven't been on here for while, and am sad to see how little it is used any more. Back when I was in school, their was tons of people using this site, now it seems like their are only 10 people that comment on every subject. I even remember that many of my coaches would even come on this site to read about teams that we would be playing. I thought with the way social media has increased that sites like this would be blowing up. I guess not though.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Site dying off

Postby Hinsa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:41 pm

NDSportsfan has more info on this than I do, but we get the same amount of hits if not more than we ever have. People come to the site to see Run's statistics but aren't posting, for some reason.

The site is not dying, it just isn't getting as many posts as it used to.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Hinsa wrote:NDSportsfan has more info on this than I do, but we get the same amount of hits if not more than we ever have. People come to the site to see Run's statistics but aren't posting, for some reason.

The site is not dying, it just isn't getting as many posts as it used to.

I am sad to say it, but i think that is a sign that death is coming.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby pigplet » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:16 am

people have become way too soft and sensitive. site is closely controlled and moderated. nobody wants to be scolded anymore. my opinion on its slow death.
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:08 pm

As a person who does moderate, I do not think we have been overbearing. As an example, the only action I have taken is a moderator in the last year is removing posts and creating a message about the issue of false allegations against student athletes.

Who has been scolded?

I think the site has seen less posts do to the proliferation of social media and the improvement of the internet. I no longer feel the need to ask this board about a player, when I can easily find film of that player or talk to his or her coach, as an example.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:17 pm

balla45 wrote:As a person who does moderate, I do not think we have been overbearing. As an example, the only action I have taken is a moderator in the last year is removing posts and creating a message about the issue of false allegations against student athletes.

Who has been scolded?

I think the site has seen less posts do to the proliferation of social media and the improvement of the internet. I no longer feel the need to ask this board about a player, when I can easily find film of that player or talk to his or her coach, as an example.

Bingo...also its cleaned up the trash talk because thats not why it was established....the Key to this it
is to explore all categories...not just one...and input thought and discussion, and be frank if need be, we're all big boys and big girls and can handle it....there are anti Preps people for sure....we had a fan hollering to the players at the state tourney last year "stay off preps, stay off preps"...now come on! so does that mean if a player has an off night they shouldn't look at the box scores that next day...?

bottom line...if ya have something to talk about....then talk about it....its repetitive from year to year per say but players move on and new ones are there to follow.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys