Best player in region 1?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best player in region 1?

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Great that he is playing!
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:58 am

d_fense wrote:
balla45 wrote:Not that this completely pertains to the topic, but as we seem to have box score readers in this particular topic, please realize that Richman for Maple Valley will be Corby Richman for the remainder of the season, as James Richman tore his ACL earlier this week.

Big brother James IS playing in the first round of districts today. It is still in the first quarter, but he is playing well so far. Hope he keeps it up and is full go the rest of their season.

What a testament to his toughness. Playing on a torn ACL and actually doing fairly well. I am pretty impressed.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:03 pm

I have to say that the "Best Player" in region 1 is obviously Briton Bussman. He's a great scorer and rebounder. My favorite part about his game is his ability to easily split defenders when they press. He's a one man press breaker with his good ball handling skills and decision making. Not the best athleticism but makes up for it with his intelligence. He's not a great distributer and forces up shots. Way more aggressive on offensive end then defensive end. His strengths do make up for his weaknesses. Still the best player in region 1 and arguably state.

Best overall player however, I would have to go with Wyatt Mund. He's Athletic, good scorer, good rebounder, crafty distributer, good defender, ball handler, and is a work horse. Great post moves and good shooter. Decent 3pt shot. If Bussman wasn't on team he'd average more points and boards. He does force passes and turns the ball over. Would like to see him be more aggressive and post up more often like we've seen in the past seasons. He has improved as a perimeter player though. In my opinion, he is the best overall player in region 1.
Football and Basketball Analyst. Know the game inside and out.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Anyone know how many points Bussman, Mund and Burns had tonight?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Just on what I've heard

Bussman-44
Burns-45

Mund I haven't heard
Football and Basketball Analyst. Know the game inside and out.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gotgame43 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 pm

mund had 26..it was an absolute privilege to watch this matchup tonight...hands down should have been the district championship. i don't know if they get any better than this, skill wise. all three players proved to be the best in the state. burns doesn't have tons of talent to play with so he;s almost on his own out there although Campbell shot the ball very well. bussman is the best player because of his very unselfish teammate, mund. bussman, however works his tail off. the show these players put on was very entertaining and worth the trip. milnor shot almost 62% from the field with most of those coming in the paint. it might be a while before we see this kind of talent again in district 1
gotgame43
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndakotasports94 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 am

Why are people high on Kretchman? He's shooting 33% from 3-point land this year....He's a shooter, but that's it. Like an old coach used to tell me "I don't care if he's a shooter - he's not a maker."
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 am

ndakotasports94 wrote:Why are people high on Kretchman? He's shooting 33% from 3-point land this year....He's a shooter, but that's it. Like an old coach used to tell me "I don't care if he's a shooter - he's not a maker."

Kretchman made some big threes at the end of the championship game tonight but it wasn't enough. Considering he had 3 fouls with 4:15 left to go in the FIRST quarter, tonight was probably not his best game.

Three very entertaining matchups tonight in District 2. Great games all around! The region tournament should be just as exciting.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:40 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:Why are people high on Kretchman? He's shooting 33% from 3-point land this year....He's a shooter, but that's it. Like an old coach used to tell me "I don't care if he's a shooter - he's not a maker."

I was impressed with his ability to score from all over the floor.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Kretchman is much more than just a shooter.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:43 pm

From what I've seen Kretchman is more of a driver than just a shooter. If the shot is there he will shoot, but he likes to attack the basket and pull up for little jumpers and floaters. He uses the bank board very well around the hoop. His ability to get his shot off with his size is crazy... He is a good player and a big part of his teams success.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys