Best player in region 1?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best player in region 1?

Postby OKCfan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:29 am

balla45 wrote:I do not agree with your opinion that basketball is only about speed. I think Richman made tremendous strides as an offensive player and as a post defender this year. Actually has shown flashes of a 15 foot jump shot. Is it a go to move? No. In Class B ND basketball, I think it is a very intelligent play to consistently turn around and dunk, when you are able to do so on a consistent basis. Also has dramatically expanded his face up ability and ability to attack out of that.

Richman scored 6 points against F/S-H/P this week. And just in case anyone doesn't know what that acronym stands for, it's Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page, and they are 4-12 this year. Checking the box score too, they were tied at halftime, so it's not like he sat the entire 4th quarter. Dunking may be a nice attribute for a player in HS, but clearly his offensive game hasn't developed enough if he's scoring single digits against a team of that caliber. Could be a rude awakening for him next year (if he chooses to play college ball) when everyone his size can not only dunk but also compliment that atheletic ability with a variety of post moves.
OKCfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:31 pm

OKCfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:I do not agree with your opinion that basketball is only about speed. I think Richman made tremendous strides as an offensive player and as a post defender this year. Actually has shown flashes of a 15 foot jump shot. Is it a go to move? No. In Class B ND basketball, I think it is a very intelligent play to consistently turn around and dunk, when you are able to do so on a consistent basis. Also has dramatically expanded his face up ability and ability to attack out of that.

Richman scored 6 points against F/S-H/P this week. And just in case anyone doesn't know what that acronym stands for, it's Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page, and they are 4-12 this year. Checking the box score too, they were tied at halftime, so it's not like he sat the entire 4th quarter. Dunking may be a nice attribute for a player in HS, but clearly his offensive game hasn't developed enough if he's scoring single digits against a team of that caliber. Could be a rude awakening for him next year (if he chooses to play college ball) when everyone his size can not only dunk but also compliment that atheletic ability with a variety of post moves.

FSHP has a physical post, probably got Richman frustrated. That is his biggest weakness. He hasn't grown outta that like most others do by the time they're seniors.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:53 pm

ND-is-#1 wrote:
OKCfan wrote:

FSHP has a physical post, probably got Richman frustrated. That is his biggest weakness. He hasn't grown outta that like most others do by the time they're seniors.

Regardless of what is happening this year, Richman must have some high end potential because I am not sure of another Class B senior that is signed to play D1.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:54 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:
OKCfan wrote:

Regardless of what is happening this year, Richman must have some high end potential because I am not sure of another Class B senior that is signed to play D1.

Bingo
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby OKCfan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:06 pm

winner-within wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:
OKCfan wrote:

Bingo

Yeah end potential? Yes, because he's 6'7 and can jump outta the gym. But does he have the current skill set to be considered one of the top players in the state? That I do not believe.
OKCfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Understood. Thanks.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm sure that's why he was signed. He has the potential to be very good. If they can get him to control his emotions and learn a few post moves he could see some playing time later in his college years. I kinda doubt he got money, probably more of a walk on type deal. Just cause it's UND . That's just my guess. I suppose no one really knows
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Just an observation . . . 6'-7" in ND class basketball many times are only 6'-5" tall. Something to do with the metric system, I think.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:12 pm

leroybla wrote:Just an observation . . . 6'-7" in ND class basketball many times are only 6'-5" tall. Something to do with the metric system, I think.

I think he is a legit 6'7"
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 pm

ND-is-#1 wrote:
leroybla wrote:Just an observation . . . 6'-7" in ND class basketball many times are only 6'-5" tall. Something to do with the metric system, I think.

I think he is a legit 6'7"

His height is legitimate...no rounding up for him. 6'7" is accurate
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Are we really going to judge our entire perception of a player based on his performance in one game? I have said it before and I will say it again...

One strong performance does not make a player a strong player. One weak performance does not make a player a weak player. Look at the overall body of work please.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 pm

balla45 wrote:Are we really going to judge our entire perception of a player based on his performance in one game? I have said it before and I will say it again...

One strong performance does not make a player a strong player. One weak performance does not make a player a weak player. Look at the overall body of work please.

The man has a point.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:07 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:
OKCfan wrote:

Has he officially signed a letter of intent to play at a D1 school?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:18 pm

I dont think signing day has happenned yet for BB but I understand that he has been offerred preferred walk on status, which isnt a gimme considering roster limitations.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:04 pm

He committed on January 14, 2014. As that is after the early signing period, he has not signed.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby WyattMund » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:59 pm

beachy wrote:I think that they have just as good crew this year.. Landon mund didnt do much for them last year..

On what information do you base that statement on?
WyattMund
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baloncesto » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:04 pm

WyattMund wrote:
beachy wrote:I think that they have just as good crew this year.. Landon mund didnt do much for them last year..

On what information do you base that statement on?

I watched Milnor throughout the state tournament and i felt landon was an underrated part of the team. Now, him being your brother (if you are indeed Wyatt) i understand where you are coming from. Landon was probably the best defender and the leader of the team from what i saw. He shut down Lambert at state throughout most of the game. Wyatt, i have to agree with you on this.
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:55 am

Not that this completely pertains to the topic, but as we seem to have box score readers in this particular topic, please realize that Richman for Maple Valley will be Corby Richman for the remainder of the season, as James Richman tore his ACL earlier this week.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:05 am

balla45 wrote:Not that this completely pertains to the topic, but as we seem to have box score readers in this particular topic, please realize that Richman for Maple Valley will be Corby Richman for the remainder of the season, as James Richman tore his ACL earlier this week.

Heard about that.. That's a tough way to end a season for anyone. He means so much to his team. Really feel bad for the guy. Hope he has a fast recovery!
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:17 am

Keeping this young man in my prayers.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Now that the season is over here are my picks.
1. Bussman
2. Lindgren
3. Mund
4. Kretchman
5. Burns
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby baloncesto » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:39 pm

ND-is-#1 wrote:Now that the season is over here are my picks.
1. Bussman
2. Lindgren
3. Mund
4. Kretchman
5. Burns

Season Ending Key Stats (players are in your order)
1. Bussman 27.5ppg 8.5rpg 61% 2FG 44%3FG
2. Lindgren 20.9ppg 5.1rpg 55%2FG 33%3FG
3. Mund 16.9ppg 9.4rpg 55%2FG 57%3FG(4 out of 7)
4. Kretchman 18.8ppg 2.2rpg 61% 2FG 33%3FG
5. Burns 30.5ppg 6.1rpg 48%2FG 34%3FG

Who's stats are most impressive across the board taking everything into account?
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:50 pm

baloncesto wrote:
1. Bussman
2. Lindgren
3. Mund
4. Kretchman
5. Burns

Who's stats are most impressive across the board taking everything into account?

Well assists aren't included but that would push Mund up in my opinion. BUT Bussman is still the clear #1. Those are 5 solid players and I know there are a few more who could be put into the list for consideration.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND-is-#1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 pm

baloncesto wrote:
1. Bussman
2. Lindgren
3. Mund
4. Kretchman
5. Burns

Bussman clearly has the best numbers!
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:51 pm

balla45 wrote:Not that this completely pertains to the topic, but as we seem to have box score readers in this particular topic, please realize that Richman for Maple Valley will be Corby Richman for the remainder of the season, as James Richman tore his ACL earlier this week.

Big brother James IS playing in the first round of districts today. It is still in the first quarter, but he is playing well so far. Hope he keeps it up and is full go the rest of their season.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys