Who is going to win it all????

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who is going to win it all????

Postby lovefootball88 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:51 am

Just past the half way point...... Who do you think are the favorites to win it all and why???

I picked Milnor and Four Winds at the beginning of the year.... I like Milnor and Rugby now....

Milnor because they know how to do it and Rugby because they might be the most complete team I have seen....

Going with Rugby......(probably the toughest road to get their though)
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Who is going to win it all????

Postby noles4ever » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Have seen 4 winds, cavalier, graft on, rugby, north star in person and have seen comparative scores for des lacs and st john.

I would say Rugby is in class by themselves of those teams, they looked scary good and they have the go to stud for crunch time, Heidelbaugh is a good one.

I think grafton is a little better than cavalier though cavalier has the better single player.

If des lacs is even with four winds I would say that des lacs, 4 winds, cavalier, and grafton are all a horse apiece and 2nd fiddle to Rugby.
St. John is the wild card, if on fire they can be scary tough, if cold they are an also ran. North Star is a year away but could make waves if Weston or Kvilvang get hot and Komrosky or Heisler have big games,if all 4 of those kids put it together on the same night they would challenge anyone. As they say "any given sunday", or in this case "any given tuesday" :D
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby noles4ever » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 pm

winner is going to point out that cavalier already beat grafton but that was in cavalier and regionals aren't played there, are they?
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:14 pm

noles4ever wrote:winner is going to point out that cavalier already beat grafton but that was in cavalier and regionals aren't played there, are they?

Regionals are at the Betty at UND
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballislife15 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Sleeper teams?
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby senditin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:24 pm

I would say FWM & DLB are the 2 top teams I have seen play. FWM has played a tough schedule and only lost to DLB by 1. Who has Rugby played? I see they beat St. john, whose ok but not a state champ level team.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Contenders

Region 1: Milnor, Oak Grove, Enderlin, Kindred, Central Cass
Region 2: Cavalier, Grafton, Hatton-Northwood
Region 3: Linton-HMB, Ellendale, Strasburg/Zeeland, LaMoure-LM, Medina/Pingree-Buchanan
Region 4: Four Winds-Minnewaukan, St. John, North Star
Region 5: Shiloh Christian, Flasher, Grant County, Wilton-Wing
Region 6: Rugby, Des Lacs-Burlington, L&C-Berthold, Our Redeemer's, Bishop Ryan, Westhope-Newburg
Region 7: Hazen, Beulah, Dickinson Trinity, Killdeer, New England
Region 8: New Town, North Shore-Plaza, Watford City, Tioga, Powers Lake
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Hinsa wrote:
noles4ever wrote:winner is going to point out that cavalier already beat grafton but that was in cavalier and regionals aren't played there, are they?

Regionals are at the Betty at UND

so Grafton won't have the advantage in posters?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby yadot » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Region 6 is loaded. Senditin, Rugby has also beat Beulah by 19 and beat minot ryan and north star on the road. heidlebaugh is the real deal, very impressed with him. Four winds obviously is very tough.
yadot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Contenders

Region 3: Linton-HMB, Ellendale, Strasburg/Zeeland, LaMoure-LM, Medina/Pingree-Buchanan
Region 6: Rugby, Des Lacs-Burlington, L&C-Berthold, Our Redeemer's, Bishop Ryan, Westhope-Newburg

That's basically every team in region 3. Must've only left one out.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Indy5 wrote:

That's 5 of the 10. They've all played each other close all year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Man that region has got to be loving the redistricting coming. 10 teams would be rough.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Man that region has got to be loving the redistricting coming. 10 teams would be rough.

Should be a great Region tourney. Regions 1, 3, 6 & 7 should all have many great games!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:33 am

Rugby looks like favorite out region 6 but with talent in that region I wouldn't want to bet on any one team. I think it will come down to who's playing best at region time. One things for sure it should be difficult region tournament with even first round games being toss up with the quality teams in the region. I wouldn't be surprised its one the sleeper teams that come out of that region.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:12 pm

I Know I dont have to point out that Cavalier has beaten Grafton....Because Run does a heck of a Job posting scores and statistics........I like the topic...I actually Posted the same thing I think it was back in the 2011-12 season....I just haven't seen enough Basketball to predict the State Class B Champs quite yet.....its like this
I say the Pats win the Superbowl I said this starting last weekend, half way through the season if somebody had asked me I would have said Seattle, or maybe Denver, or yes, maybe the Pats..why? because of their coach (he second to none) hes ahead of the Harbaughs by a full length...and in the Pro Sports and big College towns? I feel the coach is 80% of it....Now in Class B ND ball...I say the coach is 60% of it...why? because you need the horses and horses come and go in sparsely populated areas......another thing I have always said is "If you've done it once its not as hard to do again" what I mean by that is.. EXPERIENCE is a virtue, tradition is a virtue, which is more in Class B Ball? Tradition is....its hard to go back to back...but Milnor didn't loose anybody per say...same coach, same Bussman, same Mund...They're obviously the Fav.
its then we will find out if somebody has something to say about it... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Footballlife4me » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 am

Region 6 will come down to who wants it more and who will make the bigger plays at the end. As of now I see rugby and dlb in the championship but that could change in a heartbeat with Berthold, Ryan , and maybe even Our Redeemers getting in the mix. It all comes down to who wants it the most
Footballlife4me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:03 am

Footballlife4me wrote:Region 6 will come down to who wants it more and who will make the bigger plays at the end. As of now I see rugby and dlb in the championship but that could change in a heartbeat with Berthold, Ryan , and maybe even Our Redeemers getting in the mix. It all comes down to who wants it the most

I think it's kind of everything added together. Normally, the team or teams who want it the most are the ones who are putting in the hard work and preparation. They're giving themselves a chance to be successful. Sometimes, regardless, it's just whoever plays better that night. I really hate to see a team come out and just play bad at tournament time. That's when you hope they're playing close to their potential. But, it happens all the time.

There should be some very good Region Tourneys around the state that will definitely make for a great State tournament.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby DBA » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:51 pm

winner-within wrote:

I Know I dont have to point out that Cavalier has beaten Grafton....Because Run does a heck of a Job posting scores and statistics........I like the topic...I actually Posted the same thing I think it was back in the 2011-12 season....I just haven't seen enough Basketball to predict the State Class B Champs quite yet.....its like this
I say the Pats win the Superbowl I said this starting last weekend, half way through the season if somebody had asked me I would have said Seattle, or maybe Denver, or yes, maybe the Pats..why? because of their coach (he second to none) hes ahead of the Harbaughs by a full length...and in the Pro Sports and big College towns? I feel the coach is 80% of it....Now in Class B ND ball...I say the coach is 60% of it...why? because you need the horses and horses come and go in sparsely populated areas......another thing I have always said is "If you've done it once its not as hard to do again" what I mean by that is.. EXPERIENCE is a virtue, tradition is a virtue, which is more in Class B Ball? Tradition is....its hard to go back to back...but Milnor didn't loose anybody per say...same coach, same Bussman, same Mund...They're obviously the Fav.
its then we will find out if somebody has something to say about it... :)

recent history in class b bball would say its harder to do it again. North star had their horses Grande and Hagler back for a defense of their title and Beulah had Zacher, Hettich, and Nelson back to defend theirs and neither could pull off back to back.
DBA
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys