Grafton Spoilers vs Cavalier Tornadoes

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Grafton Spoilers vs Cavalier Tornadoes

Postby coach » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:05 am

Who's going to take this one Saturday night?

Could this be a preview to District championship type game or even better, a Region champ game?
coach
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Grafton Spoilers vs Cavalier Tornadoes

Postby BB11 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:40 am

Tornadoes by 20.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Should be a good one, teams play again in about a month in Grafton, but its definitely looking like a preview of the District Championship game.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am

OK. Tuesdays game is round 2 with these guys. What will Grafton do different the second time to try to keep the game closer, and Who comes out with the big win? I am picking Cavalier. They are just more athletic and a lot faster than Grafton. Whats your thought?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am

sportsking wrote:OK. Tuesdays game is round 2 with these guys. What will Grafton do different the second time to try to keep the game closer, and Who comes out with the big win? I am picking Cavalier. They are just more athletic and a lot faster than Grafton. Whats your thought?

I see Contreras has been stepping it up on scoring last couple games, Graf need this..... they need a few 3's from Baldwin also (which I'm sure they will get) Droog is solid....this rivalry and match up is so familiar with one another from Coaching all the way down to the players.

It will be good...Cav needs to show up big..
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 am

I do agree Winner-within. The Tornado defense is the difference in why Contreras doesn't get much when they play Cav.( JMO). The last time they played he really didn't get much. Droog as you stated is solid, and Bladwin can shoot. Front court play is a place where I see this one causing troubles for Grafton. What do you see Grafton trying to different?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:00 pm

sportsking wrote:I do agree Winner-within. The Tornado defense is the difference in why Contreras doesn't get much when they play Cav.( JMO). The last time they played he really didn't get much. Droog as you stated is solid, and Bladwin can shoot. Front court play is a place where I see this one causing troubles for Grafton. What do you see Grafton trying to different?

Less attack mode and patience.(not that they attacked hard the first game but they did try run with them)....you have to counter the Tornadoes play with slow down, few turnovers, smart shot selection... breaking the press is huge, and then pound the middle....not that they dont know all this, but this is what I think may be different
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:15 pm

winner-within wrote:
sportsking wrote:I do agree Winner-within. The Tornado defense is the difference in why Contreras doesn't get much when they play Cav.( JMO). The last time they played he really didn't get much. Droog as you stated is solid, and Bladwin can shoot. Front court play is a place where I see this one causing troubles for Grafton. What do you see Grafton trying to different?

Less attack mode and patience.(not that they attacked hard the first game but they did try run with them)....you have to counter the Tornadoes play with slow down, few turnovers, smart shot selection... breaking the press is huge, and then pound the middle....not that they dont know all this, but this is what I think may be different

Possibility, but I don't think the middle will be there for them. Droog likes that 12- to 15 ft. jumper and doesn't really like to post a lot. I just do not know how Grafton will be able to take advantage. Cavaliers length, speed, is too much.(JMO). You could be very close to something with the patiences thing. The other thing you mention(press) I just think makes it to hard to be patient. You and I have both seen a lot of presses over the years, and I think we agree, Cavalier does a good job with all the different presses, and looks they throw out at you. Should be a good game to watch, and I am sure the gym in Grafton will have a great crowd!! :
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:24 pm

sportsking wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Possibility, but I don't think the middle will be there for them. Droog likes that 12- to 15 ft. jumper and doesn't really like to post a lot. I just do not know how Grafton will be able to take advantage. Cavaliers length, speed, is too much.(JMO). You could be very close to something with the patiences thing. The other thing you mention(press) I just think makes it to hard to be patient. You and I have both seen a lot of presses over the years, and I think we agree, Cavalier does a good job with all the different presses, and looks they throw out at you. Should be a good game to watch, and I am sure the gym in Grafton will have a great crowd!! :

:D :P ...will be great atmosphere...Grafton as a whole, is a class act...anxious for the Girls game too.. :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:37 pm

winner-within wrote:
sportsking wrote:
winner-within wrote:

:D :P ...will be great atmosphere...Grafton as a whole, is a class act...anxious for the Girls game too.. :wink:

I agree!!!!!! The first game was a blast to watch, and wouldn't expect anything less this time around. Maybe see you there! Good luck to all the teams playing tomorrow in Grafton!
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hoops9 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Cavalier not cool.
Hoops9
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 am

To say the game did not live up to expectations would be utterly illogical...for the 3rd time this season these 2 teams met again and the battle was on...was it pretty? nope ....were there bright spots for both teams here and there? yep.
Bottom line I personally think the Super Region will be well accepted in the years to come....early in the season I had picked North Border to be sitting at 3rd place when all said and done in Region 2...had Severtson not gotten hurt, I believe that would have happened they have been playing real well...
It will be interesting to see where Cavalier and Grafton take their games to in the Regions....I have a feeling the Betty is going to be Rockin...I also believe that Region 2 is far from the weakest Region in the State (not that thats been said)....Play On!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys