Best guards in region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best guards in region 6

Postby Sticks11 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:48 am

Footballlife4me wrote:Would you rather have a scoring guard or As pass first guard on your team? I can think of a few guys who are great in the passing regard but don't get acknowledged because they don't score as much.

In a true point guard, I'd rather see a "pass first" attitude. Be able to facilitate and make plays for others. Guards in general, I think most people would prefer a decent balance: score when given the opportunity and have good floor vision.

I think it comes down to philosophy a little bit, too. Personally, I'd want my scorers working away from the ball, coming off of screens....etc. Some people want the ball in that person's hand as much as possible. Again, talking guards.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best guards in region 6

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:49 am

Footballlife4me wrote:Would you rather have a scoring guard or As pass first guard on your team? I can think of a few guys who are great in the passing regard but don't get acknowledged because they don't score as much.

I will would always want to build my team around a scoring guard before a passing guard. Have to be able to score to win games.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys