Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 6

Postby gomaji » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:11 pm

I remember a couple of years ago when Brent Qvale from Williston was on a team with a bunch of nobodies, and they still made it to the championship. Im just saying that tall players have had a history of success in this state. Usually
gomaji
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:47 pm

For those that follow this region closely (I have only seen rugby play), does DA have a decent chance at an upset come regions? I know they have a couple tall kids in the volsons, but do they have decent guard play? Seems like they've been beating some decent teams lately, but how have they stacked up against the top of region 6? I know rugby beat them pretty handily.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby uspsrt » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:14 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:For those that follow this region closely (I have only seen rugby play), does DA have a decent chance at an upset come regions? I know they have a couple tall kids in the volsons, but do they have decent guard play? Seems like they've been beating some decent teams lately, but how have they stacked up against the top of region 6? I know rugby beat them pretty handily.

I saw them play in the cndc tournament early in the year. They lost two of the three games and really didn't look like they were playing up to their potential. I also saw their Rugby game recently and although they were beaten handily they didn't look like the same team. Vastly improved. Yes they do have some good guard play and some decent outside shooters to go along with the inside play of Tanner Volson. I noticed that they have wins against district opponents Westhope-Newburg and TGU. From what I have seen, given the amount of improvement they have made since the beginning of the season they may have the best chance of an upset in the Region tournament. Just my opinion, because as everybody knows come tournament time anything can happen.
uspsrt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Gunning4ya » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:20 am

go maji wrote:Doesn't make sense to me how a team can be so bad with a 6' 8" kid.

The players on this team (am talking about them all) had very little to no varsity experience coming into this season. Have watched them at every game, they are improving a little with each game.
Gunning4ya
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 am

gomaji wrote:I remember a couple of years ago when Brent Qvale from Williston was on a team with a bunch of nobodies, and they still made it to the championship. Im just saying that tall players have had a history of success in this state. Usually

No. Jeff Skadeland and John Oyloe had very successful college football careers. Shawn Egge had a successful college baseball career. CJ Vinger played D1 JuCo. Tyler Eiken chose not to play in college. Both Eiken and Vinger were All State as seniors. Not a bunch of nobodies.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys