Best Upcoming Freshman in each region

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:00 am

Well, that seems a lil bias as Randall was playing with a team he never played with before and Krammer was playing with the Strausburg team. Otherwise, they are both good, young players. However, after watching Randall play in other travelin team tourneys, he does much more for his team then Krammer did. Also, it showed alot for Randall playin with a broken hand for most if not all of the second half in an 8th grade game down in Strasburg last year.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:23 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:Well, that seems a lil bias as Randall was playing with a team he never played with before and Krammer was playing with the Strausburg team. Otherwise, they are both good, young players. However, after watching Randall play in other travelin team tourneys, he does much more for his team then Krammer did. Also, it showed alot for Randall playin with a broken hand for most if not all of the second half in an 8th grade game down in Strasburg last year.

You can't even compare traveling team games to varsity games. If you have never seen these guys play at the varsity level you can't make a good judgement of them. Traveling team games and varsity games are not even close. You really can't even compare them in 8th grade school ball. There is too big of difference. They are both good players. But you need to compare them in a game at the varsity level.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:32 pm

agreed, i was just responding to the guy that wrote about seein both of them play in the aberdeen tourney
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:34 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:agreed, i was just responding to the guy that wrote about seein both of them play in the aberdeen tourney

Oh, sorry. I thought you were saying who was better based on 8th grade school ball and traveling team games.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:37 pm

it should be fun to watch those 2 over the next 4 yrs though
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:07 am

yeah i heard about that kid. that's pretty good. does trinity have any other good freshmen we should be worried about?
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:07 am

Ping Pong wrote:Robbie Morey for trinity. played his 1st varsity game last week. he had 2 threes, 3 blocks and took a charge. he will be a large factor later in the season.

he is good

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:10 am

matt yale from berthold and christian iron shield from solen are both sarting as freshman and putting up pretty nice numbers. Jackson Unruh, carrington's six man is going to be really tough. I see him giving carrington a boost to contend in a tough region. Hillsboro is a young team who plays two frehman. I saw them play last week vs. ashby and they looked pretty good. Zach Grothmann is a freshman guard to watch out for, this kid is really tough.
PA42

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:19 am

christian iron shield is the best freshman i saw in the mandan tournament

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:41 pm

I heard there was a really good freshman from hope-page. Anybody know?
project-pat

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:46 pm

Nick Nelson about 6'3 6'4 but is 16 so not exactly a Freshman
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:27 pm

i don't think I would  say Nick Nelson is " really good". I think he's a mediocre freshman playing for a mediocre team.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:14 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:i don't think I would  say Nick Nelson is " really good". I think he's a mediocre freshman playing for a mediocre team.

Nick Nelson is not a really good freshman. he wouldn't be a good sophomore. He needs to improve down low
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:26 pm

Region 3 has some freshmen playing big minutes on varsity this year, Randall from Steele, the two kids from Strausburg, Bartlett from BCN
AandBfan

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:44 pm

i can't really say i disagrre with you about nelson from hpfs. he not a bad player but i don't see him being dominating when he is a senior. i don't care about his age i just think to bottom line for nelson is to get stronger.
PA42

Postby bballuvr » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:30 am

Those kids are good. [Steele, Strausburg, BCN]  Ellendale has 2-3 freshmen playing varsity. There are 3-4 other schools in Region 3 that have pretty promising freshmen also. Should be some pretty good teams coming together their junior and senior seasons.
Last edited by bballuvr on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:06 am

has anyone seen the unruh kid from carrington play? He's there sixth man and he supposed to be pretty good.
PA42

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:56 am

I haven't seen him play this yr, but saw him play in a couple of travelin team tourneys in the past few years. So, Idk how he is this yr, but the kid is a decent player that is very athletic. If he keeps working, he should be a decent player in a few years. This is in response to the kid from carrington
Last edited by bballfan_05 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:34 pm

for region 2 hillsboro has a kid named zach grothmann. This kids very quick and tough. I was really impressed by his demeanor and that is waht is tough for freshman when they are playing with big boys.
Last edited by PA42 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:11 pm

I agree with Brock Boos being one of the top 4 freshmen in the state. He's been a little off his first couple games but he is still unreal. He was one of the best jumpers i have seen even at his age. he's got a silky smooth release and is very quick off the dribble. He should fit in well with the bulldogs the next 4 years, should be fun to watch.
project-pat

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:31 am

i saw at the Barnes County tournament Enderlin and BCN each started 2 freshman. GCC and HPFS each start one.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ilove_basketball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:35 pm

basketballjones wrote:I saw that  BCN had two eighth graders on their varsity team last year.  I didn't get to see them play but they must be allright if they were on varsity already.

they have 2 freshmen Kyle Heinze and Tucker Bartlett that both started in the Barnes County Tournaments
ilove_basketball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:50 pm

I think Randall might still be a little better then Kramer but Kramer is definately starting to become a threat. Lately hes been way more aggressive at getting at the rim. Definately tell that the experience he's gaining is helping him become more aggressive. Right away in the beginning he seemed really timid and lately he isn't.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:14 am

baller01 wrote:I think Randall might still be a little better then Kramer but Kramer is definately starting to become a threat. Lately hes been way more aggressive at getting at the rim. Definately tell that the experience he's gaining is helping him become more aggressive. Right away in the beginning he seemed really timid and lately he isn't.

Kramer broke his ankle at the start of football season, that may be why he was a little timid to start the year, still a little worried about the injury, unsure of how hard he could go.  He may just now be getting back to full strength and gaining the confidence to push it a little harder.
Last edited by ND_Coach on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ilove_basketball » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:05 pm

Kyle Heinze and Tucker Bartlett from BCN both are starting varsity and only freshmen but Tucker started last year as a 8th grader
ilove_basketball
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys