Best Upcoming Freshman in each region

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby player10 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:49 am

Who are the best upcoming freshman in each region?
player10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Craig Smith guy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:05 am

Trevor Thomte is an elite talent with great potential and has a devestating jumper. From region 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:box::poop:
Last edited by Craig Smith guy on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Smith guy

Postby player22 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:24 pm

where is trevor, from who does he play for?

i don't know a lot about the freshman class in region 8 but i know andy Ganje from burke county is one heck of a basketball player for only being a freshman. he's about 6 foot tall and he has some muscle on him. he's going to be one of the best freshman for sure. and i wouldn't doubt if he's better than trevor even though i havent heard of trevor befor. i know burke county is a horrible basketball team but andy ganje is a very good freshman.
player22

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:15 am

In region 8, I think Tioga may have a good freshman coming up also.  Saw them a couple times last year and know they had some good young kids.  Vejtasa??

Ray had a couple also, but they should have plenty of upperclassmen to play.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:39 pm

Bowman has a really good freshman class in region 7
project-pat

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:48 pm

Steele has a decent freshman, Adam Randall
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby car1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:08 am

LMM has a alright freshmen comin up Dillon Carpenter
car1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hunter48 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:38 am

COACHWEST wrote:In region 8, I think Tioga may have a good freshman coming up also.  Saw them a couple times last year and know they had some good young kids.  Vejtasa??

Ray had a couple also, but they should have plenty of upperclassmen to play.

All of Tioga kids were freshman last year.  But they are good and they still have three years left.
hunter48

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:34 pm

Watch out for Dillon Carpenter in a couple... kid can ball
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballjones » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:56 am

I saw that  BCN had two eighth graders on their varsity team last year.  I didn't get to see them play but they must be allright if they were on varsity already.
basketballjones

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:24 am

Region 3

1. Bobbi Kramer - Strasburg-Zeeland

2. Adam Randal - Steele-Dawson

3. Mark Baumgartner - Strasburg-Zeeland
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:13 am

sportsguy2 wrote:Watch out for Dillon Carpenter in a couple... kid can ball

he's ok. nothing out of the ordinary though
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:05 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
sportsguy2 wrote:Watch out for Dillon Carpenter in a couple... kid can ball

he's ok. nothing out of the ordinary though

give him 4 years
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:13 am

just for clarification...is this thread for freshman who are going to make an instant impact or freshman who we will give 4 years and he might be all-district?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:16 am

I honestly wouldn't be supprised if he makes an immediate impact. He's got a good frame (must be about 6'3") and has talent.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby radar » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:58 am

go to the boys basketball class A and read the posts on UPCOMING PLAYERS i think they apply to class B also
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:08 am

ND_Coach wrote:Region 3

Those are good choices in region 3, as well as the two freshmen from BCN that someone mentioned earlier, all of them should make an impact this year.
AandBfan

Postby lightning » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:37 pm

3. Mark Baumgartner - Strasburg-Zeeland, he is not that good can shoot ok but plays bad defense and doesnt run the court all that well bobbi kramer is really good good defense and running the floor.  I think adam randall may be slightly better as hes got a nicer shot then bobbi, but its dang close gl to all 3 kids in the upcoming years.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:05 pm

lightning wrote:

3. Mark Baumgartner - Strasburg-Zeeland, he is not that good can shoot ok but plays bad defense and doesnt run the court all that well bobbi kramer is really good good defense and running the floor.  I think adam randall may be slightly better as hes got a nicer shot then bobbi, but its darn close gl to all 3 kids in the upcoming years.

Randal is the best shooter of the three players I will give you that.  Baumgartner is can play defense when properly motivated, I disagree that he doesn't run the floor well.  He is a step slower than the other two, but he has a good basketball sense and knows where he should be. 

If I were starting a basketball team and could have one of the 3 I would take Kramer.  While Randal is a slightly better shooter, Kramer can do so much, he can run the point, he is very unselfish with the ball, can score inside and outside, is a good defender and is very strong for a freshman.  Plus is one of the hardest working kids I've ever seen.  This isn't a knock against the other two as they are incredibly talented as well I just think at this time Kramer is the most complete player of the three plus I think he still has a lot of untapped potential.
Last edited by ND_Coach on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby radar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:52 pm

i have never heard of a 7-8-9 grader ever playing varsity ball till maybe the game is won or lost in the 4 quarter
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:53 pm

my guess would be Randall will be expected to run some point this season.  Bakkum will take the point the first few games, but in practice im sure he will work with him so Adam will adapt to playing some point so Bakkum can use screens to get open.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby player22 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:55 pm

i have heard of plenty of freshman starting on varsity teams. i don't know about 7th or 8th grade. but i know theres freshman that have started varsity in the last few years.
player22

Postby Sports guy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:00 pm

AandBfan wrote:

Those are good choices in region 3, as well as the two freshmen from BCN that someone mentioned earlier, all of them should make an impact this year.

Are any of these freshman going to start on the respective teams. Or will they just come off the bench when up or down by 20 when there is a minute left. Or be a 6th 7th man off the bench. What does everyone think
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:00 pm

can you give me any names so i can look and see if they are in the hoopster
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:17 pm

Randall should start.....other players i know started as freshman in recent years, Bakkum, Tivis & Breen, Chad Weigel - Napoleon, Brent Gross -  Napoleon, Taylor/Tyler? Mau - Berthold....dont know where your from but freshman starting isnt that new.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys