Best Upcoming Freshman in each region

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby lightning » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:44 pm

baller01 wrote:Strasburg doesn't have a player like Mark Bakkum. Opposing teams don't have to worry about shutting a player down on Strasburg. They might even stick there best defender on Kramer. Randall doesn't get guarded by the opposing teams best player, and the 4 outher guys are trying to stop Bakkum. Not trying to take anything away from Randall, hes a good player, but you can't really compare stats between the two. They are totally different situations.
so ur saying that if the best defending isnt guarding u ur stats wouldnt matter? interesting theory
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:01 pm

lightning wrote:
baller01 wrote:Strasburg doesn't have a player like Mark Bakkum. Opposing teams don't have to worry about shutting a player down on Strasburg. They might even stick there best defender on Kramer. Randall doesn't get guarded by the opposing teams best player, and the 4 outher guys are trying to stop Bakkum. Not trying to take anything away from Randall, hes a good player, but you can't really compare stats between the two. They are totally different situations.
so ur saying that if the best defending isnt guarding u ur stats wouldnt matter? interesting theory
No, I'm saying your stats are gonna be higher if you are playing with a player like Bakkum because he's being guarded by the other teams best player most of the time and is being keyed on by the other 4. If you don't have a caliber player like Bakkum on your team, and are good like Kramer, you are going to be keyed on more so then someone playing with a good player.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:35 pm

I'm going to say Trent Roemmich from Bottineau as one of the top freshmen in the state. He's averaging over 15 pts a game on a good team. If he is anything like his older brother and sister, he is going to be great someday.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:30 pm

baller01 wrote:
lightning wrote:
No, I'm saying your stats are gonna be higher if you are playing with a player like Bakkum because he's being guarded by the other teams best player most of the time and is being keyed on by the other 4. If you don't have a caliber player like Bakkum on your team, and are good like Kramer, you are going to be keyed on more so then someone playing with a good player.

stats are also going to be better if your just a better player.  Randall is the best freshman in district 6.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:32 am

stats are also going to be better if your just a better player.  Randall is the best freshman in district 6.

So you are saying Sizer is the best player in Region 3? Bakkum is way better then Sizer but you're saying that if your stats are higher you are better. What about a player like Lorenz who scores less then 20 a night, does that mean he isn't a good player. I'm not saying who is better Randall or Kramer, I'm just saying you sometimes can't base how good a player is on stats.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:54 am

baller01 wrote:

So you are saying Sizer is the best player in Region 3? Bakkum is way better then Sizer but you're saying that if your stats are higher you are better. What about a player like Lorenz who scores less then 20 a night, does that mean he isn't a good player. I'm not saying who is better Randall or Kramer, I'm just saying you sometimes can't base how good a player is on stats.

thats a good point but Sizer and Bakkum dont play the same position like Randall and Kramer do, they will be having basically the same players gaurding each other all year and thats why i say stats will say a little bit.  i guess the only way to see is if we wait until Steele plays Strasburg when they gaurd each other.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:45 pm

how about Trent Roemmich from Bottineau?
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gmac90 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:31 pm

Two of the top freshman in the state will be playing against each other in the semifinals of the Mandan Holiday Tournament when Trent Roemich from Bottineau takes on Jarad Wolf of New Salem. Roemmich is a solid player, and Wolf has had several double digit games for New Salem including 18 in their first round game.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:01 pm

gmac90 wrote:Two of the top freshman in the state will be playing against each other in the semifinals of the Mandan Holiday Tournament when Trent Roemich from Bottineau takes on Jarad Wolf of New Salem. Roemmich is a solid player, and Wolf has had several double digit games for New Salem including 18 in their first round game.

i saw roemich play this afternoon and he didnt impress me all that much.  im sure it was an off day or so but it was an all around sloppy game i guess for both teams.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:35 pm

I seen Kramer play today. Comparing what I seen and what I've seen in the past from Randall. I think Randall is a better player. Kramer finishes strong and posts up hard, but Randall is a better shooter from outside.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classb_fan00 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:10 am

Looks like Roemmich is averaging 4 assists a game. thats pretty good. considering how young he is.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:31 am

i saw roemich play and he only scored 2 points and that was against a BAD grant county team, and then i saw he scored 6 against new salem.  doesnt seem to special to me
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:54 am

Roemich's job isn't to score points.  That game against New Salem he had "only 6 points", he also had something like 7 assists and 8 or 9 rebounds.  When you look at the numbers, its a pretty good game.  He's very young and has a lot of growing to do, but is performing pretty well considering he has what, now 5 or 6 games of varsity experience under his belt.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:27 pm

hes pretty good the younger one

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:05 pm

AGREED
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:57 am

i never said he was bad, all i said is i wasnt impressed when i saw him.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:46 am

The impressive thing about Roemich is that he sees the court so well and is aware of things for only being a freshman.  I bet if you watched him more, you'll understand why he's being talked about on this site.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:57 am

Last edited by classb_fan00 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:58 am

Who're your guys' top 5 freshmen?
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:55 pm

My top 4 in no particular order:

Bobbie Kramer -Strasubrg
Trent Roemmich- Bottineau
Adam Randall- Steele-Dawson
Brock Boos- Bowman

I couldn't think of 5.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:55 pm

Throw in Nick Nelson of FSHP and Tucker Bartlett from BCN
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfan99 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:04 pm

You really can't say Nick Nelson is a freshman. He turned 16 before the basketball season even started! So he's really like an older 10th grader. Because of his age he use to be so much better than the others. Within 2 years he'll be very average!
bbfan99
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:35 pm

no matter what age he is, nick nelson is a decent player. no better no worse. He is one of the top players on a average team. i honestly don't know much about work ethic but he will really need to work to be a great player. i see him averaging in the low teens the next two or three years, unless he gets stronger and really works on post moves.
PA42

Postby Sports guy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:17 pm

Tucker Bartlett from BCN has been impressive right away.  
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby lambboy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:06 pm

i agree with bballer 01, brock boos is an excellent player for a freshman. he is about 6 foot and can handle the ball really well, and he can also jump. he is an excellent shooter with a quick release to. also look out for travis thielen from bowman, he is about 6'4 and can handle and shoot the ball along with good post moves. all around bowman has a very good freshman class.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys