Region 4 Boys Basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 4 Boys Basketball

Postby B-oldtimer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Region 4 I believe will be a little different this year than in past several years. It has still statewide dominant team in Fourwinds but other teams in region are not of caliber of last year when you had NorthStar and Carrington being very good teams along with Fourwinds. There are couple of teams that
could improve and maybe push Fourwinds before the season is done.

District 7:
1. Four Winds: returns quite nucleus of players from there second place state team and they had quality jv team last year so by and far class of the district.
2. Harvey-wells County: I think is next best team they performed quite well in the region last year and have a lot of talent returning.
3. Carrington: I think will be three in the district they have some players returning and numbers they have I believe they should be able to put quality team on the floor.
4. New Rockford-Sheyenne: should have enough probably talent to become fourth in the standings and based on past history in the district.
5. Lakota/Edmore: will be young team that should improve over the season but will lack the experience and depth to advance further in district standings.
6. Midkota/Kensal: will struggle this season and I am only putting them ahead of Warwick because I am not familiar with Warwick.
7. Warwick: I placed last because I don't what they have coming this year. They had several talented kids last year just depends on what they put together as team.

District 8:
1. St. John: based on how they played in the regional last year and amount of talent returning from last year. It will be interesting see how this team develops.
2. North Star: should be number 2 team with Weston and Kilvang returning but younger kids are now going to need to perform and I think there going to be growing pains this coming year. They should get better as season goes along but still very young team.
3. Munich-Starkweather: has enough talent returing that they could make a run at both Northstar and St. Johns but I think they lack depth for the long season. But if they do play to potential they could easily move higher instandings.
4.Langdon: I think could come in forth in this district they have good size and enough talent. But the teams 4 through 7 are weak sisters of district and of the region.
5. Benson County: I think will be next based on last year and there history as program.
6. & 7. Rolette-Wolford & Rolla I think will be toss up rollette lost quite a bit last year and Rolla should be better but still a program that has lost a lot of games last couple years.
Actually thinking about it 4 through 7 could place anyone of these teams in anyone of the positions it will depend on how they come together as teams and how they develop through the season.

I would like to hear other people's thoughts on region 4 and respective districts. I believe overall the Region is not as dominant as it has been last several years.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Region 4 Boys Basketball

Postby senditin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:49 am

FWM has so many talented players I beleive their varsity,jv and freshman team would make the region tourney.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby woodchuck10 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:29 pm

District 8

1. St. John - Their district to lose.

2. Rolette/Wolford - Return a lot actually. Only had one senior last year who didn't play much. Also played St. John really tough in both games last year.
3.North Star - Will definitely be competing for the district title.

4. Munich-Starkweather - Not sure on numbers. Gotta think they are on their last leg as a co-op. Should make regionals though

5. Langdon - Lost #25 from last year who was their best player.
6. Rolla - Gotta think they can get a win this year. They were really young last year.
7. Benson County - Dont return much that I remember.

Region 4
1. Four Winds

2. St. John
3. Carrington

4-14. doesn't really matter
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:43 pm

I had a chance yesterday to see some of the teams from district 8 and I think I was quite wrong Rollette like somebody had said returned much more from last year than I thought they are going to be one of the top teams in district 8. Also it appears Benson county is going to be better than I thought by play against Munich so I am guess these teams are going to be above Munich and Langdon. Northstar is not team it has been and has talent to get better but I think they are struggle against more physical teams can see the youth of this team.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndpreps09 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:46 am

woodchuck10 wrote:District 8

2. Rolette/Wolford - Return a lot actually. Only had one senior last year who didn't play much. Also played St. John really tough in both games last year.

4. Munich-Starkweather - Not sure on numbers. Gotta think they are on their last leg as a co-op. Should make regionals though

6. Rolla - Gotta think they can get a win this year. They were really young last year.

Region 4
1. Four Winds

2. St. John
3. Carrington

Well North Star almost beat 4-Winds on their home court with the typical reffing scene without two of their starters Saturday night. So to put 4-Winds that far a head of every one let alone not even put North Star in the top 3 in the region is absolutely absurd. They haven't lost a district game since 08, and I would be truly surprised if they lost one this year.
ndpreps09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:52 am

ndpreps09 wrote:

Region 4
1. Four Winds

2. St. John
3. Carrington

Well North Star almost beat 4-Winds on their home court with the typical reffing scene without two of their starters Saturday night. So to put 4-Winds that far a head of every one let alone not even put North Star in the top 3 in the region is absolutely absurd. They haven't lost a district game since 08, and I would be truly surprised if they lost one this year.

This statement holds no merit...they played at Devils Lake on a neutral court. North Star was truly an unknown this year as no one knew how they would do without Grande & Hagler.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:05 am

Komrosky (Freshman) played for the first time tonight (he didn't start). He was 5/5 from the field, including 4/4 on 3-pointers. His presence will definitely make a difference.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby woodchuck10 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:55 pm

In my rankings, the only thing I would changed is Benson County and Munich-Starkweather. They could basically flip flop. Surprised at how well BC has done and how poorly MS has started. Rolette has a new coach and just might be getting adjusted to him. I think NS loses a district game or two this year.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby senditin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:17 pm

ndpreps09 wrote:

Region 4
1. Four Winds

2. St. John
3. Carrington

HAHAHA!!
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndpreps09 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:27 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndpreps09 wrote:

Region 4
1. Four Winds

2. St. John
3. Carrington

This statement holds no merit...they played at Devils Lake on a neutral court. North Star was truly an unknown this year as no one knew how they would do without Grande & Hagler.

Ill stand by my statement....on 4-Winds home court. Who were they an unknown too? Anybody that knows basketball and watched a couple games of theirs last year could tell Kvilvang and Weston were very talented basketball players and the two 8th graders that got playing time last year were only going to get better this year.
ndpreps09
NDPreps Starter

Postby HONKER » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:46 am

I'll agree with NDpreps on the home floor thing. Not many team get to play 7 games on a neutral floor before regions. Four winds does.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby wildboy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:48 pm

why u trying hating on four winds because there a good team and they put down the bearcats last year and they gave them there first lost this year at the sportcenter. Hoka Hay!!
wildboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4mrnative » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Full credit to a very good 4-Winds team. It's pretty commonly agreed that when 4-Winds plays at DL Sports Center...it's gonna be a home game (kudos' to their fan support!)...they play a nice number of games there in the back yard. VERY encouraged by the young NS team. Some really good athletes in that mix. Not that much separates the elites from the up and comers in Class B. There could be some interesting developments by year end in this region.
4mrnative
NDPreps Starter

Postby warwickforlife » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 am

Warwick will not be last I can guarantee that...
warwickforlife
NDPreps Rookie

Postby warwickforlife » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:00 am

Warwick with full court ally-oop game winning layup tonight vs carrington!
Isaiah strouse to Antoine Motley!
warwickforlife
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys