District 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 3

Postby Big Blue » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 pm

What does everyone think about District 3? I think for the second year in a row, the district should be up in the air. All seven teams have a realistic chance of qualifying for regionals, but no one really stands out. HCV returns as the reigning district champs, but return only one starter in Thomas Meyer. GCC loses the District 3 Player of the Year, but return three solid guards with Engel, Nelson and Ellefson. Larimore has by far the best front court with Hofer and Verkeuhlen. They will need to find consistency in their guard play. H-N returns a good core from last year including Jace Pederson. Consistency will be key for them. They were too up and down last season. MPCG has a new coach in the experienced Kyle Morehart. They lose a big senior class, but will be much more athletic this year though. Dakota Prairie has a pair of key players back in Lund and Brogdon. It will depend who steps up to fill other spots. Thompson struggled last year, but improved as the season went on. They return the most starters in the conference with Schultz, Myron, Walsh and more. It should be another very tight and interesting year in district 3.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: District 3

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 am

1. Hatton-Northwood
2. Hillsboro-Central Valley
3. Larimore
4. MPCG
5. GCC
6. Thompson
7. Dakota Prairie

Just one person's opinion.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 am

I would go with:
1. Hatton-Northwood
2. Larimore
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley
4. May-Port-CG
5. Thompson
6. Griggs County Central
7. Dakota Prairie

so not much different from you Hinsa. Hatton-Northwood is the clear district favorite IMO.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 am

How does d3 compare to d4?
How do the top teams in d3 compare to Cavalier?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:52 am

Cavalier & Grafton would be the favorites from District 4.

I would list the Top 4 in Region 2: 1. Cavalier, 2. Grafton, 3. Hatton-Northwood, 4. Larimore
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby District17fan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:27 am

Looking at scores, it looks like MPCG could be an early favorite/darkhorse in the District. With a big win over Griggs and a close game against Central Cass, it looks they could be very tough. Who's this Moore who has been their primary scorer? Other team that has been impressive is Larimore, but they haven't played much for competition. Should be an interesting district. Also don't sleep on Dakota Prairie. They have some very solid guard play that could give other teams fits.
District17fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby packers21 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 am

District 3 looks like this for me right now.

1. Hatton/Northwood
2. H/CV
3. Larimore
4. MPCG
5. Thompson
6. DP
7. GCC

Very Tight District:

I think H/N is a little better than everyone, 2-3 are very close and any of the other teams could take the 4th spot.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Big Blue » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Packers21, I am going to have to disagree with you about Griggs County Central. The Cougars beat Enderlin Tuesday and nearly knocked off one of the state's top 10 teams in LaMoure Thursday. I have absolutely no idea how you can put Thompson or Dakota Prairie above GCC. Not to say Thompson or Dakota Prairie will be poor teams, but at this point neither team has proven that they have to consistency or firepower to be ranked above Griggs. Here's my prediction for the district. It will be improved competition from last year. Should make for some exciting games around tournament time.
1. MPCG
2. Larimore
3. HCV
4. GCC
5. H-N
6. Thompson
7. DP
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Big Blue wrote:Packers21, I am going to have to disagree with you about Griggs County Central. The Cougars beat Enderlin Tuesday and nearly knocked off one of the state's top 10 teams in LaMoure Thursday. I have absolutely no idea how you can put Thompson or Dakota Prairie above GCC. Not to say Thompson or Dakota Prairie will be poor teams, but at this point neither team has proven that they have to consistency or firepower to be ranked above Griggs. Here's my prediction for the district. It will be improved competition from last year. Should make for some exciting games around tournament time.
1. MPCG
2. Larimore
3. HCV
4. GCC
5. H-N
6. Thompson
7. DP

If you read my entire post I said any of the last teams 4-7 can/will compete for the 4th spot. Maybe I should of numbered them like this. Season is still young lots of things can change. I am positive tho barring injury there is no way HN finishes 5th or below.

1. Hatton/Northwood
2. H/CV
3. Larimore

4. MPCG
4. Thompson
4. DP
4. GCC
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys