District 4 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 4 Predictions

Postby Hoops9 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:49 pm

District 4 Predictions

1.Cavalier
2.Grafton
3.Parkriver
4.North Border
5.Drayton Valley-Edinburg
6.Midway Minto

1. Cavalier-Return basically everyone, they have a deep bench and wont be rough around the edges ever.
2. Grafton-They graduated a few good players but they have plenty of young ones coming up, watch for Zach Hernandez to be one of the point leaders on the team. Also keep a eye on Droog and AC as long as he can stay healthy and actually play. (Football may have gotten the best of him) Grafton should be solid.
3.Park River- to be higher in the district then the last few years. They return a lot! However they did lose Jelnick one of the top rebounders in the District. Look for Johnson to take over the team and take them into that second or third place spot.
4.North Border- NB Returns alot watch for lee to be atop the scoring up north. also Austin Volk one of the top scorers in the district last year. Volk is solid and is looking to take them to a region tournament they return a lot also hard workers.
5.Drayton Valley-Edinburg- New coaching staff with Brady Laxdal and Brandon Laxdal this could make a difference but its the players. They are definitely in a rebuilding year. They graduated three of the top players in the district. (Keena,Markel,Jenson) They only return two starters Tharalson the Defense-man, Larson the young post. They have size in the post with Phelps and Larson they need younger players to step up. (Phelps,Reilly,Hurt,) they will have a challenging year without solid guards no doubt.
6.Midway Minto- MM loses some very solid seniors will be down, However they have solid coaching staff and will find something to do. They have a good outside shooter with Wicoski? The blond? other then that Shane will have them working hard to improve for future years.

Open To Opinions? any changes you would make?
Hoops9
NDPreps Rookie

Re: District 4 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:44 am

Hoops9 wrote:District 4 Predictions

1.Cavalier
2.Grafton
3.Parkriver
4.North Border
6.Midway Minto

1. Cavalier-Return basically everyone, they have a deep bench and wont be rough around the edges ever.
2. Grafton-They graduated a few good players but they have plenty of young ones coming up, watch for Zach Hernandez to be one of the point leaders on the team. Also keep a eye on Droog and AC as long as he can stay healthy and actually play. (Football may have gotten the best of him) Grafton should be solid.
3.Park River- to be higher in the district then the last few years. They return a lot! However they did lose Jelnick one of the top rebounders in the District. Look for Johnson to take over the team and take them into that second or third place spot.
4.North Border- NB Returns alot watch for lee to be atop the scoring up north. also Austin Volk one of the top scorers in the district last year. Volk is solid and is looking to take them to a region tournament they return a lot also hard workers.
5.Drayton Valley-Edinburg- New coaching staff with Brady Laxdal and Brandon Laxdal this could make a difference but its the players. They are definitely in a rebuilding year. They graduated three of the top players in the district. (Keena,Markel,Jenson) They only return two starters Tharalson the Defense-man, Larson the young post. They have size in the post with Phelps and Larson they need younger players to step up. (Phelps,Reilly,Hurt,) they will have a challenging year without solid guards no doubt.
6.Midway Minto- MM loses some very solid seniors will be down, However they have solid coaching staff and will find something to do. They have a good outside shooter with Wicoski? The blond? other then that Shane will have them working hard to improve for future years.

I've bolded the stuff that you could elaborate on if you wanted too
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hoops9 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:04 pm

winner-within wrote:
Hoops9 wrote:District 4 Predictions

1.Cavalier
2.Grafton
3.Parkriver
4.North Border
6.Midway Minto

I've bolded the stuff that you could elaborate on if you wanted too

When I say cavalier wont be rough around the edges ever I mean it. They will all be in shape from a great football season they have plenty of athletes they are well coached and they know how to win. They have there off nights where they cant make anything fall but the defense picks it up for them, other then that they are solid.
When I say Austin Contreras could still be beat from football. I know his season was cut short from a bad head contusion, He has a injury prone background. Not sure where he is with health right now hopefully he is good for basketball.
When I say Park River could have a chance at the second or third place spot its true, they haven't lost anyone. they have plenty of athleticism with Spencer Rehovski, Hylden, and Johnson. Rumor has it, Balasky wont be playing this year so that could make a difference for them losing a good defense man. They need to work hard and make something happen in the post. I feel they are all good mid range shooters and can get it done this year. Possibly a upset along the way over Grafton.
When I say Austin Volk could take them to the region tournament this year its not that far out of sight. they have plenty of returning players. Park River and NB should be a good battle for the third place spot. NB has good outside shooters and Volk can move inside and out. Look for him to be the leader of that Eagle team.
When I say Minto Midway will find something to do I should have worded it differently I should have said that they Shane is a good coach and will find something to work for them. like he has always done in the past.

Open To changes or opinions.
Hoops9
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:44 pm

I think your good to go on your analogy ....My opinion would be that we are going to see better ball (more disciplined and balanced) from the top 6 teams in the Region than we did last season....in other words who ever comes out of Region 2 will go to State and make some noise this year compared to last year just because of the stiffer competition through out the season ...I will go onto say that Cavalier IMO will be twice as tough as last year literally ...
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm

I agree with the analysis of district 4 and district 3 I don't know much about but I can't see where region 2 will be that much improved over last year. Yes Cavalier should be tougher but what I can see all District 4 other teams are going to down in talent this year compared to last year and significantly from 2 years ago.
Also district 3 did not show up well in region tournament so I don't see how they are make that big of improvement in one year. Cavalier strength will be determined by how tough a schedule they play outside of their region and even that won't make up for tough district to play in. Although I do see some drop off in some of other regions on depth of teams competing in their regions. Cavalier is leading contender in region 2 and should put in fine season but when getting to state its hard to tell who is going to make hay look at last year top contenders played in the consolation bracket and who would have picked Milnor. We need to start playing the season and see how it shakes out.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDBasketballB » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Why has there been no love to DVE? Yeah they lost 3 of the best players in the district but they return Phelps, Littlejohn, and Larson. They are all capable of scoring 20 points a night, I think they will be the sleeper team this year for the district, Phelps has improved ball handling and Littlejohn is a solid shooter and is a bigger kid for being a guard and can score. Larson is improved in the post but him phelps and Littlejohn will be the main scorer a for the Titans this year and if they work together they might surprise some teams.
NDBasketballB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fballer15 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 pm

My predictions on district standings at the end of the regular season are
1. Grafton
2. Cavalier
3. D-V-E
4. NB
5. Park River
6. Midway Minto
fballer15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:06 pm

I think NB is going to be real tuff....the team will be hard to play against with the personnel in the right positions along with a crafty cooter at the helm....it wont be your typical run style we've seen in the last 3 years.

Grafton sort of the same....this will be a half court ordeal that the ball has to run through Droog each possession....foul trouble will hurt this team.

Cavalier....a higher speed offense with stop D in mind... second year for B. Laxdal (this is key) best bench in district 4 which puts them at Fav (imo)

PR will be solid....D-V-E is building.....not up to date on M-M... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

1. Cavalier
2. Grafton

3. Park River-FL
4. North Border
5. Drayton/Valley-Edinburg

6. Midway-Minto
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King