Region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 7

Postby NDbballfan54 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Lots of good teams in region 7 this year. Heart River, Trinity, Scranton, Beulah, Hazen, Richardton, Killdeer, Glen Ullin, Bowman, Beach, Mott-Regent all have legit chances. But I think Heart River will win it all. That Kuderna kid can shoot.
He who takes out trash. Takes out trash
NDbballfan54
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Region 7

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:15 am

heres a pile of Region 7 speculation....it was 1 thread away from your new one

To Mike Ditka, ( Nice name by the way)
Beulah- Talented all-around Walcker can jump out of the gym
Trinity- Lost a lot of starters has a solid pair of junior guards always coached well
New England- Dominate their summer league, has a Prince kid that was doing good until he broke his wrist, their point guard (Bender) was very talented.
Heart River- Kudrna is the kid you're thinking of he's a good player but I'm not sure of the talent around him?
Hazen- Cieslak is a powerful post, Opp and Lindquist are very good guards.
Killdeer- Blankenship has unlimited energy and gets rebounds. They have a Lemiuex kid who blocks every shot it seems comes his way and has a solid jump shot.
Hettinger- Scranton- Sadowsky was their key player he can create shots but isn't a very good defender.
Mott-Regent- Lost the older Zetner the younger one doesn't seem as good as him. Mesmer is a dry athletic player but that's about all.
RTH- Voltz will run the show like usual but they lost their size I'm not sure who's gonna replace there seniors.
Glen-Ullin- Didnt see muh of them this summer. But I'm assuming they'll continue from where they were last year.

I watched a lot of Hazen's league by the way. And some New England league.

Postby The Schwab » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 am

Region 7 teams that will be in the mix will be Trinity, Beulah, Hazen, Hettinger Scranton, Killdeer and New England.
The Schwab

Region 7

1. Hazen
2. Beulah
3. Trinity
4. Heart River
5. Hettinger/Scranton
6. Killdeer
7. Mott/Regent
8. New England
9. Richardton/Taylor
10. Bowman County
11. Beach
12. Glen Ullin/Hebron

Schwab,

You think New England and Hettinger/Scranton will be better than Heart River? I know Hettinger/Scranton had a ton of youth so I could see that. Didn't New England lose everyone but that one tall, skinny kid though??? Lol...coming from the guy that gets accused of being their coach, will they be any good? Not arguing, just wondering! I was planning on being on board the Cougar wagon this season, if New England will be tough though, I'll stick with them!

That said, I think by season's end the usual top 3 will be there, Trinity, Beulah, and Hazen.

Run, I was told in Region 8 New Town is going to be really strong.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 pm

From what I saw this summer...

Region 8: Newtown/Tioga
Region 7: Hazen/Heart River
Region 6: Rugby/DLB/Westhope Newburg
Region 5: Shiloh/Flasher
Region 4: Four Winds
Region 3: Linton HMB/LMM
Region 2: Cavalier
Region 1: Maple Valley/Milnor

I would say if everyone stays healthy Four Winds will be tough to beat.... Played well and beat some A schools in ND and SD.... but that's why they play the games.........

Postby NDFBall » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Region 7: From what I scouted this summer.
1.Beulah
2.New England
3.Trinity
4. Heart River
5.Killdeer
6.Hazen
7.Richardton
8.Mott-Regent
9.Hettinger-Scranton
10.Glen-Ullin

Postby Jack8 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Region 1: Milnor
Region 3: LMM
Region 5: Flasher
Region 6: Rugby
Region 7: Heart River
Region 8: New Town

Milnor, Four Winds or New Town will take it all this year IMO
Either way should be a very good season wish is was here now

Postby Jack8 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Region 1: Milnor
Region 3: LMM
Region 5: Flasher
Region 6: Rugby
Region 7: Heart River
Region 8: New Town

Milnor, Four Winds or New Town will take it all this year IMO
Either way should be a very good season wish is was here now

Re: Top teams and players for 13-14 season
Postby DBA » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 pm

Mike Ditka wrote:
So NDFBall, fill us in on Region 7 since you seen teams this summer.

Who does Beulah, New England, Trinity, Heart River (I know they have the real good senior guard that plays quarterback for them, and also a really good frosh that I watched play 7th and 8th grade ball last year, that's my neck of the woods) Killdeer and Hazen have? Who played in the summer league you talk about? Is this the one in Hazen?

I struggle believing Hettinger/Scranton won't be really strong, I know at times last year on their team that had plenty of success, they only had 1 senior on the floor. That said, I'm not arguing, I just want to learn more about the upcoming season, give me a breakdown on those top teams if you know a lot about them!

Beulah will be a deep bunch. They won't have as much height as last year and not as much top end talent. Lots of new faces to the varsity rotation. Same with Trinity, they beat Beulah's JV last year, I expect these two to be evenly matched. Kuderna is fun to watch from HR but I worry that he may struggle being the focal point of opposing defenses. Like a lot of teams this year, HR lost a lot of talent to graduation. I'm looking forward to seeing if Killdeer and Richardton can show some marked improvement over last year.

I would guess the region plays out:
Beulah
Trinity
Hazen
Hettinger-Scranton
New England
Mott-Regent
Heart River
Killdeer
Richardton
Glen Ullin-Hebron

Don't know a thing about Bowman County or Beach. Not sure where they'll fit in.

So most having HR way down..........I dont know much about them But He's really going to have to Shoot
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ditka JR » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am

From what I watched this summer and now the first games:

1.Hazen
2.New England
3.Beaulah
4. Trinity
5.Hettinger-Scranton
6.Killdeer
7.Heart River
8.MR
9.Richardton
10.Glen-Ullin
Ditka JR
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:19 pm

After the first couple weeks of Regional play this Region will be a dog fight to the end!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Howie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Long time follower of the forum, thought this needed to be posted..."The Dickinson Trinity boys basketball team has always had the burden of trying to defend its home court in the Region 7 tournament."- Direct quote from todays issue of the Dickinson Press. One of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. The regional tournament should be played on a Neutral floor, I hope someday that Region 7 will change its venue for the regional tournament to give teams a fair shake and to stop giving Trinity every advantage imaginable.
Howie
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Howie wrote:Long time follower of the forum, thought this needed to be posted..."The Dickinson Trinity boys basketball team has always had the burden of trying to defend its home court in the Region 7 tournament."- Direct quote from todays issue of the Dickinson Press. One of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. The regional tournament should be played on a Neutral floor, I hope someday that Region 7 will change its venue for the regional tournament to give teams a fair shake and to stop giving Trinity every advantage imaginable.

I agree on this also. Or Atleast alternate between a few places possibly. A place where it can handle the crowds especially in a super region atmosphere. Isnt that gym quite small anyway??? Bottom line it should be played in a neutral location. Although they (Trinity) are coached well and ready for the big games. This region I see Beulah taking it all the way. Beulah over Trinity final game. Hazen peaked in January.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby gominers » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:54 pm

I read the statement this morning and almost spit out my coffee. The problem is Trinity's gym is the largest in the region. The only other large gyms are in Beulah and Hazen and that's a long drive for Bowman and Beach. DSU's gym is smaller but at least its neutral.
gominers
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys