Basketball Bible

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Basketball Bible

Postby Indy5 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:53 pm

go maji wrote:
Sleepy wrote:Some good points by Hammertime. Not sure about the "big schools keep getting bigger". That has changed in the last five years with the new school openings in Fargo and Bismarck - South/Davies, West Fargo/Sheyenne and Bismarck/is it Legacy? I think Minot will now be by far the biggest AAA school.

Minot is getting a new highschool just outside of town, so that should lower Minots' enrollment.

I would just like to point out that South Prairie won't do that much to decrease Minot's enrollment. They say it will open with around 70 kids. At its peak it might have 100. Thats a decent enrollment for that school, but it's a drop in the bucket for Minot High
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby district2fanog » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:04 pm

I think 3 classes is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.
district2fanog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HONKER » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:11 pm

district2fanog wrote:I think 3 classes is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

If you haven't lived it, don't knock it!
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby heimer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Added 10 commandments, due to an earlier request.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby HammerTime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:59 am

Hinsa wrote:I take umbrage with Hammertime's comment that "only old people want to live in small towns." That is just not true. Where I live we are experiencing growth as more and more 20 and 30-somethings move out of the larger cities to raise their family in a smaller town. Our school has reversed the trend of shrinkage and is now growing. Yet we participate in a co-op because our neighbors could not have teams on their own. Our co-op is working out very well and doing what co-ops are intended to do: provide opportunities for participation where none would exist if the school was on its own.

I'd like to apologize for my comment about how only old people want to live in small towns. I was honestly feeling a little resentful about how my local cenex wasn't open past ten and I wanted to rant about small towns. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to live anywhere but my home, and that's how I see it. Honda, I'm sorry. Also, while I have your attention, I can't believe I was so ignorant about coops that weren't in my area. And to the district2fanog, based on your name, I think the reason why you wouldn't want a 3 class system is because it would actually level
The playing field for Oak Grove and your reign over region 1 would come to an end.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HammerTime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:01 am

Hinsa, where I put Honda, I meant to put your name. That was a complete accident from autocorrect. Please don't be offended I got your name wrong.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HammerTime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:21 am

And as for my point about big schools getting bigger and bigger, they will as the towns they are in get bigger. Building another school may postpone the growth for a few years, or maybe a couple decades, but it will soon be back at the point it was at before the new school was built. The schools do get bigger and bigger. And building another school means putting another large team out in the field.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:16 pm

HammerTime wrote:Hinsa, where I put Honda, I meant to put your name. That was a complete accident from autocorrect. Please don't be offended I got your name wrong.

No sweat HammerTime. I knew what you meant. I'm glad I could enlighten you a bit on what is happening in our neck of the woods.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys