Summer Ball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Summer Ball

Postby lovefootball88 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 am

Watched several nice teams play this summer.... Milnor looks like they could defend there title... Heart River looks real solid and deep... Newtown is big and very athletic....Richman from Maple Valley can dunk like no other high school player I have seen...

Anybody else see any good teams play.............. Seems like a year without alot of returning star players...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Summer Ball

Postby End90 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 am

Richman has looked good, he will not be easy to stop in Class B. Hazen looked good.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:27 pm

How does Richman compare to Mund?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 pm

I do not know Mund's game well enough to give him a fair evaluation. Richman is taller than, longer than, and more athletic than ninety five plus percent of North Dakota high school basketball players. Pretty solid in pick and roll action. Pretty good touch out to twelve. Obviously is known as a dunker and shot blocker. Also is a very solid post defender. Athletic enough to guard four and five, and may eventually be able to guard threes. Could realistically see him as a 25 and 12 guy next year. Huge upside.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baloncesto » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:30 pm

What other players impressed you this summer?
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Have not seen everyone and I'm only going to go with the Class B guys since that is the topic.

Best springs/summers have been Strom, Schafer, Weisbeck, Rudolph, and Richman.

Holte isn't playing but would have done well in my opinion.

Very impressed with Heidlebaugh whenever I watch him play. Force in the paint.
The younger Thielges kid is tough. Olson is a very good overall athlete too.
Duke can really shoot the ball.
Stefan Stubbs has been fairly dominant at the 15u level and has the potential to be a college player in the future and may end up being a force in his district/region next year, provided that he stays in the United States.
Cody Springer has had a lot of success this summer in some pretty good events. Pinke is a solid second option for them.

Brody Nieuwsma from Strasburg is a top 5 overall talent for ND 2016. They had a battle at PaceSetter with a loaded Bismarck group.

Red Fox is tough.

Dean Foote is very talented out of Parshall.

Just saw Sadowsky at UND Camp today and heard he played well. He played in one event with us and was fairly successful.

I'm probably missing a bunch of people and will revisit this topic again in the future.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm

who do Springer and Pinke play for? I looked on your site, but some of your roster links don't work and I didn't see them on eci's either.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Springer is from Northern Cass
Pinke is from South Border
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 pm

What summer teams do they play for?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Red River Heat. They have some MN kids. Springer, Pinke, and Zarak (Wahpeton) are all very tough. Saw them play in the Lakeville (MN Select) open division and they were solid.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 pm

I have seen Mund play 3 times and Richman twice.... Mund is a more complete player with the ability to handle the ball and face the basket, I think Richman is more of a traditional post player with explosive hops but does not handle the ball that well and is not able to create his own shot but has good players around him which allows him more one on one post up opportunities where he is pretty good. If he gets the ball within 6 feet he scores (or rattles the rafters)...

Should be interesting to see Milnor vs. Maple Valley this season as they will play a couple of times...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:47 pm

lovefootball88 wrote:I have seen Mund play 3 times and Richman twice.... Mund is a more complete player with the ability to handle the ball and face the basket, I think Richman is more of a traditional post player with explosive hops but does not handle the ball that well and is not able to create his own shot but has good players around him which allows him more one on one post up opportunities where he is pretty good. If he gets the ball within 6 feet he scores (or rattles the rafters)...

Should be interesting to see Milnor vs. Maple Valley this season as they will play a couple of times...

bolded seems to contradict itself
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Not really... someone has to get him the ball to make the shot.... he doesnt do that on his own.. Mund can bring the ball up the floor and score on the drive or pull up jumper or make any number of moves to get shots off... That is not in Richman's game at this point, if he has to put the ball on the floor and create space for himself that does go well for him...
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Thats like saying any post player in the NBA can't create their own shot. Guys that can't create their own shot are spot up shooters like Ryan Anderson, Steve Novak, Steve Kerr or guys that can only score on lobs or put backs like Birdman, DeAndre Jordan.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Put simply, Richman is a traditional back to the basket five with a developing face up game. Mund is a hybrid forward who scores from more areas.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Great stuff all. Thanks.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby baloncesto » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:52 am

lovefootball88 wrote:I have seen Mund play 3 times and Richman twice.... Mund is a more complete player with the ability to handle the ball and face the basket, I think Richman is more of a traditional post player with explosive hops but does not handle the ball that well and is not able to create his own shot but has good players around him which allows him more one on one post up opportunities where he is pretty good. If he gets the ball within 6 feet he scores (or rattles the rafters)...

I have seen Milnor play twice this summer and with the combination of Mund and Bussman I think they will defend their title very well this year
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovefootball88 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:58 am

Watched Fox from Newtown this weekend.... Might be the best player I have seen this year.... Lots of close games at Dickinson....
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys