What would it take...

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: What would it take...

Postby The Schwab » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Ok let me clarify, you are taking the top 2 teams in class A and placing them in the state class B tournament. Correct? They do not play any games during the regular season agains class B. Correct?

If that is the case and you say that one of the 2 class A teams would win the tournament only 30 percent of the time you are absolutely insane.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:56 pm

The Schwab wrote:Ok let me clarify, you are taking the top 2 teams in class A and placing them in the state class B tournament. Correct? They do not play any games during the regular season agains class B. Correct?

If that is the case and you say that one of the 2 class A teams would win the tournament only 30 percent of the time you are absolutely insane.

I didnt say they never played during the year...one class is one class
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 pm

I'm sorry I didn't follow your original post, you said throw them in the tournament, so I was clarifying.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm

The Schwab wrote:I'm sorry I didn't follow your original post, you said throw them in the tournament, so I was clarifying.

No worries

My point stems from watching Class a Towns...Langdon, Cavalier, Beulah, Grafton, Valley City ...(even lets say if Belcourt had or Jamestown) turn into Class B towns....Do they/Did they dominate and win the next 5 State Championships??....its not like they moved down from the enrollment cutoff by 100 students in that particular year of dropping down.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:48 pm

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I'm sorry I didn't follow your original post, you said throw them in the tournament, so I was clarifying.

No worries

My point stems from watching Class a Towns...Langdon, Cavalier, Beulah, Grafton, Valley City ...(even lets say if Belcourt had or Jamestown) turn into Class B towns....Do they/Did they dominate and win the next 5 State Championships??....its not like they moved down from the enrollment cutoff by 100 students in that particular year of dropping down.

Ok but what you are saying is the top teams (more than likely an enrollment of 1000 plus) would be in a class/tournament with teams around 100-150, Year in and year out the teams with 6-10 times the number of students would get to state (Probably at around 99 percent) and win state (I'll say at 90 percent), the reason the percentage is lower on the second one because of your teams like 96-97 MPCG for example. This is not an insult to class B at all, but if you have 6-10 times the enrollment of another school you will win year in and year out, with the exception of those once in a generation type teams.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:10 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:

No worries

Ok but what you are saying is the top teams (more than likely an enrollment of 1000 plus) would be in a class/tournament with teams around 100-150, Year in and year out the teams with 6-10 times the number of students would get to state (Probably at around 99 percent) and win state (I'll say at 90 percent), the reason the percentage is lower on the second one because of your teams like 96-97 MPCG for example. This is not an insult to class B at all, but if you have 6-10 times the enrollment of another school you will win year in and year out, with the exception of those once in a generation type teams.

Whats Shanleys enrollment?? RR, two toughest teams this year IMO
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:13 pm

That's why i said MORE THAN LIKELY. I would say Shanley and Red River would have both walked through class B this year as well.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:19 pm

winner-within wrote:

No worries

Grafton struggled to win any games in A before they dropped down, then it only took a couple years to start to win most of their games in B. Beulah was at state the years before moving up to A, struggled at A, then started dominating again at the B level. Valley City barely won any games in A then were towards the top of the region their only year in B. Like someone said before, Turtle Mtn won 2 games in class A this year, but only lost to the state runnerup in B by 6 points. I love class B basketball, and while there are some teams that could compete with class A teams at times, class A would dominate if there was 1 system.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:25 pm

The Schwab wrote:That's why i said MORE THAN LIKELY. I would say Shanley and Red River would have both walked through class B this year as well.

Nobody walks through any tournament in ND in any Class, at any level, mixed or not.....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:28 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:

No worries

Grafton struggled to win any games in A before they dropped down, then it only took a couple years to start to win most of their games in B. Beulah was at state the years before moving up to A, struggled at A, then started dominating again at the B level. Valley City barely won any games in A then were towards the top of the region their only year in B. Like someone said before, Turtle Mtn won 2 games in class A this year, but only lost to the state runnerup in B by 6 points. I love class B basketball, and while there are some teams that could compete with class A teams at times, class A would dominate if there was 1 system.

Dominating a Region is one thing.....How many state championships??

I love Class B too.....But Class B isn't what it once was.....its gone Commercial
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby eyeinthesky » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:02 pm

I love Class B too.....But Class B isn't what it once was.....its gone Commercial[/quote]

Class B has gone commercial? What does that mean?
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:53 am

Glad you asked

twitter
youtube
BEK
facebook

the hype is in the airwaves but in the Gym things have lessened...all the above create expectations in Players and teams to create falseness ....the Game is played on the floor not on a TV screen or smartphone or laptop etc etc....

Everyone's a Beast...This guys the best.... This guys no good...all this gets in heads, it haunts

Funniest thing I heard at State was a fan after a game hollering to the Players "stay off Preps, stay off preps"
Good advise?? maybe for the weak
See what I'm saying is, its not good nor bad that its commercial...its reality, and its how do you handle it,
but it is a big reason its not what it once was
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:That's why i said MORE THAN LIKELY. I would say Shanley and Red River would have both walked through class B this year as well.

Nobody walks through any tournament in ND in any Class, at any level, mixed or not.....

IF you put Shanley or Red River in this years state class B tournament (Lets say that they replace the 7th and 8th place teams, no disrespect to them). They both would have WALKED to the championship.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 am

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:

IF you put Shanley or Red River in this years state class B tournament (Lets say that they replace the 7th and 8th place teams, no disrespect to them). They both would have WALKED to the championship.

lets not make this thread personal Schwab...but your the one who said come down to Region 7 and watch some real ball...Class A is not the separation you think it is...like Region 7 wasnt
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:39 am

So we're not making this personal? But you take shots at region 7? I'm done discussing things with you.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:08 pm

winner-within wrote:Glad you asked

twitter
youtube
BEK
facebook

the hype is in the airwaves but in the Gym things have lessened...all the above create expectations in Players and teams to create falseness ....the Game is played on the floor not on a TV screen or smartphone or laptop etc etc....

Everyone's a Beast...This guys the best.... This guys no good...all this gets in heads, it haunts

Funniest thing I heard at State was a fan after a game hollering to the Players "stay off Preps, stay off preps"
See what I'm saying is, its not good nor bad that its commercial...its reality, and its how do you handle it,

There is probably a word to describe what you're talking about, but the word isn't commercial.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Glad you asked

twitter
youtube
BEK
facebook

There is probably a word to describe what you're talking about, but the word isn't commercial.

it isn't Viral ...Commercial works
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:38 pm

The Schwab wrote:So we're not making this personal? But you take shots at region 7? I'm done discussing things with you.

:lol: your Region 7 theory was taking a shot (at the time) at me when you said it....but I'll continue...I'm flexible

by winner-within » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 am

I just wanna be clear....I am not honking Region 2's horn....I'm just saying that this year is simply no different than any other when it comes to "who may get shafted when it comes to the last 8" this theory of... "lets put this team in another region and they would rock it" is nonsense, because for 1. its irrelevant, and 2.we would never know.

I gotta question
What makes all these teams so much more powerful than they were in the past
the oil field?

by The Schwab » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

Come watch the semi final night of region 7 this year
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 pm

If you want to compare Region 7 to Region 2 they weren't close. Did you come watch any game in the Region 7 tournament? No you didn't.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:26 pm

The Schwab wrote:If you want to compare Region 7 to Region 2 they weren't close. Did you come watch any game in the Region 7 tournament? No you didn't.

I think Cavalier would have played Trinity better than they did Trenton on day one...Region 2 was a couple baskets away from the rest of the field...as far as the 2 regions in comparison 7 was better but not superior....remember even the pollsters and blog experts overlooked Milnor... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:06 pm

I will be the first one to admit that I didn't think that Milnor would win it, but congrats to them. Region 7 went 2-1 at this years state tournament, Region 2 went 0-3.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 pm

The Schwab wrote:I will be the first one to admit that I didn't think that Milnor would win it, but congrats to them. Region 7 went 2-1 at this years state tournament, Region 2 went 0-3.

I'll congratulate all the Regions.........and admit 7 was better than 2 and 1 was the best

back to the thread, I will watch any new plan proposals real closely.... all my offspring is still yet to come through... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm

heimer wrote:A miracle in common sense or BOD members with a set.

I do really like this answer....decision making in all aspects of Business, Politics, Administration should express more common sense and if you feel your plan is the Ticket, then shoot for the moon.

what are the Requirements of being a BOD member and are you interested or are you not qualified??
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:02 pm

winner-within wrote: I'll congratulate all the Regions.........and admit 7 was better than 2 and 1 was the best

I guess that would make Region 2 the worst.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote: I'll congratulate all the Regions.........and admit 7 was better than 2 and 1 was the best

I guess that would make Region 2 the worst.

like most suspected all season........7 and 4 were King ....your an old region 1 boy, you shoulda known
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys