l

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

l

Postby NodakDrifter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:36 pm

ll
Last edited by NodakDrifter on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NodakDrifter
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Class B National Tournament?

Postby Makotifarmguy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Hate to break the news to you but ND would get its behind handed to them every year. People here cannot fathom the talent at the same "small" schools that are in other states.

Sorry man. didn't want to burst your bubble, but go to AZ, Cal, Indiana, etc.. and watch teams play from comparable sized towns like New Town, Garrrison, New Salem and you will find out that our talent pool here isn't on that level.

We have a great kids in this state that are an absolute joy to watch, don't get me wrong, but we have our heads in the sand if we think that our state champion B team is even at the level of a similar town in another state. At some of those schools even the Jacob Hagler's would be 6th or 7th off the bench.

But that is just my humble opinion. Maybe others would think differently.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I'd love to see it, but I think it is a pipe dream. In B size schools many of the athletes double up or even triple up on sports seasons. Spring sports are starting practices soon or have already started. To have one season run over that long would lead to athletes having to pick their sport, leaving less athletes to participate in other sports. Programs would suffer because their talent pool would be split up between sports.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby NodakDrifter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Makotifarmguy wrote:Hate to break the news to you but ND would get its behind handed to them every year. People here cannot fathom the talent at the same "small" schools that are in other states.

Sorry man. didn't want to burst your bubble, but go to AZ, Cal, Indiana, etc.. and watch teams play from comparable sized towns like New Town, Garrrison, New Salem and you will find out that our talent pool here isn't on that level.

We have a great kids in this state that are an absolute joy to watch, don't get me wrong, but we have our heads in the sand if we think that our state champion B team is even at the level of a similar town in another state. At some of those schools even the Jacob Hagler's would be 6th or 7th off the bench.

I understand ND may not be a top team in the National Tournament but that is alright because I believe it would be fun to watch the top team from everystate go head to head....no matter who is in the final four.
NodakDrifter
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gvmearees » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 pm

[quote="Makotifarmguy"]Hate to break the news to you but ND would get its behind handed to them every year. People here cannot fathom the talent at the same "small" schools that are in other states.

We have a great kids in this state that are an absolute joy to watch, don't get me wrong, but we have our heads in the sand if we think that our state champion B team is even at the level of a similar town in another state. at some of those schools even the Jacob Hagler's would be 6th or 7th off the bench.

But that is just my humble opinion. Maybe oths werould think differently.[/quote]
As Si from Duck Dynasty would say HEY Nah!!!!!
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:28 am

Makotifarmguy wrote:Hate to break the news to you but ND would get its behind handed to them every year. People here cannot fathom the talent at the same "small" schools that are in other states.

Town might be the same size geographically....but there's way more kids to draw from....because theres another town 3 miles away, and another, and another.....there are alot of kids with much darker skin than the North Dakota version too..... also it boils back to what I've said before....there is one level of player in ND class A or B
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 pm

There would be very few states that would have schools size of our class b in similar size league within there states. Look at this years winner they had 80 something in highschool only us upper middle west states have highschools in this range competing. Even our class A schools would be smaller classes in some of the larger states. Also style of basketball would be much different than our kids are used to playing its much more street style of basketball we have adapted some here but were much more traditional old school basketball. Also the this would take kids away from reason there in school and that is to get education. I don't think this will ever fly and would nearly impossible to compete with talent we have in this state. If you look at ND we produce handful of division I players and then only one every so often even becomes impact player. The number of college players ND produces is quite small and large portion of them never have much impact at college level. The size and demographics of state keeps this from changing much and at least into the near future. So just enjoy what we do have and its unique because large number of rural kids get to participate and get to be watched by communities and some get to experience state wide recognition. This something special that North Dakota has should be proud of.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm

I would take a guess and say the smallest class in ND, Class B, has one of the highest allowable enrollments, 325. For example the smallest class in MN cuts off enrollment at 197. I'm sure someone knows what SD's is.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Xfactor » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:30 pm

ND isn't anywhere near the same caliber as a lot of states, but it would still be fun to watch. It would also be a good gauge of how much worse or better we are then other states, and I would really like to watch a class B final four as well, no matter what states it is.
Xfactor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 pm

no private schools either otherwise the elite 8 will be 7 private schools
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby rafspit » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 pm

So let me get this right.
You’re going to have a “hypothetical” National HS Class B Tournament,
but only if it outlaws Private Class B Schools. Or just religious affiliated private schools?
Would State Government “Charter Schools” be allowed? How about Military schools? How about a Class B High School Sports Prep school, it was brought up on this site once before so there must be at least One out there someplace. Are they in or out?

Then it follows that it would not be a tournament for the best National HS Class B basketball teams in the United States? Just a National tournament for HS Class B Government Run-Union Sponsored small town high schools.

Let’s take this one step farther the Global HS Class B Olympics. Now which countries are you not allowing to participate? To religious? To militaristic? To communist? To liberal? To conservative? Union? Nonunion? To big? To small? To rich to poor?

To understand the future we must understand the past. Does Brown Shirts or KKK mean anything anymore?

If you do not open this hypothetical national tournament to all Class B schools,that meets the Class B criteria, then it needs to have an“*asterisk” placed in front of it stating it only meets the criteria that certain people feel are acceptable .

I can not believe the bias they rears it’s ugly head when all we are talking about is a “HYPOTHETICAL”
Basketball game.
rafspit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:18 pm

rafspit wrote:So let me get this right.
You’re going to have a “hypothetical” National HS Class B Tournament,
but only if it outlaws Private Class B Schools.
This is true.

Or just religious affiliated private schools?
Them too.

Would State Government “Charter Schools” be allowed?
Nope.

How about Military schools? How about a Class B High School Sports Prep school, it was brought up on this site once before so there must be at least One out there someplace. Are they in or out?
Definitely out.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Just had a laughing out loud moment. :lol:
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys